low profile 3rd channel needle bases

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don,

that is a good idea for a needle base. i would love to have that in my .21 rigger as the final part i am puzzling with is indeed the third channel needle.

and i refuse to cut nasty holes in the cowling anymore.

would it be an idea though to offer in in different setup.

like with the entrance nipple to be on the top as is on your drawing but the exit on the side. (the face your viewing straight at on your side view)

this will make a straighter line to the spraybar if your mounting it on the bulkhead just before the engine or still straight if you mount it on the side of the boat mounting holes facing forward.

just a thought.

Good luck

Tom

Tom v.d Brink said:
Don,
that is a good idea for a needle base. i would love to have that in my .21 rigger as the final part i am puzzling with is indeed the third channel needle.

and i refuse to cut nasty holes in the cowling anymore.

would it be an idea though to offer in in different setup.

like with the entrance nipple to be on the top as is on your drawing but the exit on the side. (the face your viewing straight at on your side view)

this will make  a straighter line to the spraybar if your mounting it on the bulkhead just before the engine or still straight if you mount it on the side of the boat mounting holes facing forward.

just a thought.

Good luck

Tom

92324[/snapback]

Hey Tom-

The primary reason for inlet/outlet on same side is saving space, gives you the ability to place along the side of tub. I'm trying to keep fuel lines tucked in tight on the narrow SGX type tubs. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony Jacuzzi said:
Don - Here is a VanSlooten OS needle block, this was in my 21  Seaducer.tlwaters.com/displayimage...album=131&pos=5[/url]

92414[/snapback]

Thanks T, that's basically how I wanted to do it except the inlet & oulet will be on the opposite side so it would get placed just behind the motor in a rigger. Was this something made special or does Scott make these in mass??? :blink:

Don;

look very closely to the opposite corners on the unit. there are 2 mounting holes there just for that purpose. It is a combination hole/slot affair internally. if junk gets in it, just remove the locking nut on the ARM side of the unit, slide out the mixing assembly, clean it out, slide it back in, re-install the locking nut and you are done.

WORKS GREAT!!!!!!! havent had a failure yet inthe 15 yrs i have been running these little Gems.

Carl

Almost forgot one thing, there are also 2 agasent holes that didnt come out very well in the picutes on TOP of the unit for mounting purposese as well.

carl

Everyone, the object here is to keep both inlet & outlet on the same side so the fuel line routing changes direction at the mixture control, not by the routing of the fuel tubing. Think tight space with no room in front, will sit rearward of motor. ;)

carlnoki said:
Almost forgot one thing, there are also 2 agasent holes that didnt come out very well in the picutes on TOP of the unit for mounting purposese as well.
carl

92426[/snapback]

Hey Carl, turn your spell check on! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don Ferrette said:
Everyone, the object here is to keep both inlet & outlet on the same side so the fuel line routing changes direction at the mixture control, not by the routing of the fuel tubing. Think tight space with no room in front, will sit rearward of motor.  ;)
92441[/snapback]

Guess I'm not seeing it, put this in line between the tank and the carb, what get's simpler than that? :unsure:

Terry Keeley said:
Guess I'm not seeing it, put this in line between the tank and the carb, what get's simpler than that?  :unsure:
92447[/snapback]

Ok here's what I'm up against. This is my SGX with MAC84. There is no room in front or next to the motor. I run full cowls & don't want to cut holes in them anymore. The 21 SGX & twin are even worse as far as space. I also always filter my fuel before it goes to the needle so add that into the equation.

Hai Donn;

uz thu pairy unit and mount it rit next 2 thu motor beetween thu lord mountz. thu pairy unit wont need cutting uv thu koul and u kan mount it louer in thu hul.

:p

carl

p.s. the main idea for fuel is to basically be strisght in and then straight out NO turning around of the mixture. the unit couldnt be simpler

Guys this is getting old real fast. There is NO room on narrow tub boats like an SGX to put anything along side the motor. The pic may be deceptive but it's barely 1/2" between side rail & engine mounting lug, plus it's low profile tub so anything there will not clear a cowling. The fuel outlet from the tank already faces the REAR of the boat so you have to turn it around no matter what, be it with fuel tubing or the needle. The pic that Tony posted is exactly what I want except the mount tab & inlet/outlet on opposite sides. Got it? :)

Don Ferrette said:
Terry Keeley said:
Guess I'm not seeing it, put this in line between the tank and the carb, what get's simpler than that?  :unsure:
92447[/snapback]

Ok here's what I'm up against. This is my SGX with MAC84. There is no room in front or next to the motor. I run full cowls & don't want to cut holes in them anymore. The 21 SGX & twin are even worse as far as space. I also always filter my fuel before it goes to the needle so add that into the equation.

92450[/snapback]

Oh...

How 'bout on the side of the tub near the carb, might need 90* on the fuel inlet to the carb tho.

Back