JD's Got a Sport 21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Dunlap

Supporting Member
Thanks to fellow Puget Sound MBC member, Bruce Mooring, ol' JD's got hisself a "New Toy Boat." It's all wood construction, beautifully crafted by the way, with an epoxy glass cowling. It's basically a Mark Anderson "Mutt" Sport 40 scaled down to a Sport 21. Engine is a MAC 21, pipe is an Andy Brown 3.5 Muffled Pipe, and the prop is an Octura X442. It runs very nicely.

I'm going to be racing it at both the NAMBA and IMPBA national events in July.

JD

Hey, I saw that boat run,,it's a goodin'. If the stars line up correctly I should have a Mac powered 21 shovel nose for next year :)

re: is that going to be a kit?

Not at this time. I don't think Bruce Mooring, the designer/builder of the boat, has even turned on his band saw since finishing the 7 boats he built. Bruce's boat is leading District 8 Sport 20 after three races.

JD

ask him if he can make some plans avaible. i would be interested in a set. and it's less work for him. looks really good!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Uncle Jerry, are you really going to be at the IMPBA Internats? What days? I will be there Wed-Fri to help run the SAW and oval trials...it will be really cool to see you again! Any of the other gang coming with you?

Glenn

Hey Glenn,

Going to be at the IMPBA Internats from Friday, July 22 - Saturday, July 30.

It will be great to see you again as well!!

Dang, I need to talk to some high official in the USAF and get you stationed back up here at McChord AFB. Maybe you can come back as the base commander.

JD

Hey Jerry,

Man thats a good looking boat. If you ever decided to sell it let me know.

I had emailed Bruce a while back and he said that he wasn't going to make anymore wooden hulls but was going to be producing a fiberglass version of the hull soon. I can't wait for that. I need to email him again and see how he's doing.

Just thought I would chime in.

Josh

Back