Sport 21 "Miss Vegas"

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Dunlap

Supporting Member
For those who have mentioned the AquaCraft "Miss Vegas" seems big enough for a Sport 21 Hydro, you're correct.

I ran a "Miss Vegas" hull today with an O.S. 21 VZM/Andy Brown 3.5 Muffled Pipe/Speed Master Hardware/8 oz. tank/turn fin off my Bruce Mooring Sport 20. The boat launches easily and handles very nicely. I was having cooling issues so I wasn't able to really get the boat up to it's top speed potential. It really looks like an unlimited running with the rear wing on it.

Due to greater hull vibration, I had to install strap type latches to keep the rear of the cowling in place. I plan to make a water pickup that will be in back of the prop.

JD

For those who have mentioned the AquaCraft "Miss Vegas" seems big enough for a Sport 21 Hydro, you're correct.

I ran a "Miss Vegas" hull today with an O.S. 21 VZM/Andy Brown 3.5 Muffled Pipe/Speed Master Hardware/8 oz. tank/turn fin off my Bruce Mooring Sport 20. The boat launches easily and handles very nicely. I was having cooling issues so I wasn't able to really get the boat up to it's top speed potential. It really looks like an unlimited running with the rear wing on it.

Due to greater hull vibration, I had to install strap type latches to keep the rear of the cowling in place. I plan to make a water pickup that will be in back of the prop.

JD
awesome! Good luck on that JD

That's cool to know. How did the hull handle the viration and stress? Any cracking or stress marks yet?

Jerry,

what's the cost for ths boat?

I think tower is going to list them RTR in the $250 range. At least that was the price for them when they were going to be the Elam. I think Jerry mention they will come out with hull only at a later date. As all the kit are built at the moment.

Mike

JD

The miss vegas looks awsome. I'm patiently waiting for my order from late Feb. to come through--it will be worth the wait. Any chance that you and Grim would put a kit together to convert Miss Vegas to .21 engine size like the tank, motor mount etc. as needed? Just a thought for us folks that work too many hours--never be a chef!

Cheers, Andrew

Not sure about an "Adaptor Kit," but the things needed are readily available:

1. 8 oz. GP Tank

2. Speed Master, or other Sport 20 hardware(motor mount/rudder assembly/strut assembly/turn fin)

3. 3/16 flex cable drive

Very straight forward type of installation. Here's a photo of the transom hardware(Speed Master)

JD

Ran the Miss Vegas with O.S. 21 VZM again this afternoon with a rudder w/water pickup off my Miss Vegas 18 RTR. Had all kinds of water cooling with that rudder. The blade is the same depth as the Speed Master and a bit wider.

Also tried the Grim Fin that will be offered for the Miss Vegas. This fin is cupped at the bottom. The fin worked o.k., but the fin off my Bruce Mooring Sport 20 worked better. I need Mike Hughes to bring one of his Sport 20 fins to the next race so I can try it.

With adequate cooling the performance was improved from yesterday. I was a bit pressed for time today so I only ran the Prather 215. The water was a bit choppy from the wind and the boat handled it well.

When I got home I took eveything out of the hull to check this over. I got to looking at my Andy Brown muffled pipe and realized it was from my Mooring Sport 20 with a MAC 21. I then pulled out the AB muffled pipe I'd run with the O.S. VZM last year and it is something like 1 1/2" shorter because the O.S. is front exhaust and the header considerably longer than the header on my MAC. So, the shorter pipe is now in the Miss Vegas and the other pipe is back in my Mooring Sport 20.

It will be interesting to see how much of a performance gain I will see running the pipe at the same length as my MAC.

JD

JD

I'm patiently waiting for my order from late Feb. to come through--it will be worth the wait. Cheers, Andrew
If all goes well this week, looks like we will be able to ship them out of our warehouse next week.

Looks like most will have theirs before the holiday weekend:)

Have fun!

Russ

Miss Vegas Mods update

Hi Jerry

Wondering how your Miss Vegas upgrade to a .21 motor is going? Could you fill us newbies in on your progress ie what's working and what didn't work.

Cheers, Andrew

:rolleyes:

Miss Vegas Mods update

Hi Jerry

Wondering how your Miss Vegas upgrade to a .21 motor is going? Could you fill us newbies in on your progress ie what's working and what didn't work.

Cheers, Andrew
Hey Jerry

Would love an answere to my question if you have time. I called Dick Tyndall for a turn fin, but wasn't sure if it would work. Has anyone tried his fin on the Miss Vegas?

Cheers, Andrew

GOT MY MISS VEGAS 2 WEEKS AGO AND WOW WAS I AMAZED AT HOW IT STARTED UP NO PROBLEMS WITH BRAKE IN AND TUNNING WAS A BREEZE. ONLY PROBLEM IS IT BLEW THE DRAIN PLUG OUT GOT NEW ONE ON BACK ORDER.

AWSOME BOAT TO START WITH NICE JOB GUYS

Jerry, I'm going to convert the one I just ordered to a .21. Speedmaster has 2 .21 rudders, which did you use, the mini or the hydro? The transom photo that was supposed to be attached a few posts ago didn't show up, can you post it? I think I'm going to get the engine from Andy. It'll be interesting to know how that turn fin from Ron works.

Back