The JD Sport 20 V 2.0

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boat looks awesome,maybe you can come up with some plans or templates for us feeble mined boaters.

Man its runnin aired out !

Way cool flip ya Wildman...........

Err Jerry
default_tongue.png

Gene

Jerry, I'm curious how much fuel you've been burning during test sessions... and what capacity does your hull carry?

Thanks, Bob

Jerry, I'm curious how much fuel you've been burning during test sessions... and what capacity does your hull carry?

Thanks, Bob
Hi Bob,

I've probably gone through a little more than a gallon of fuel. There are two 4 oz. tanks in the boat. However, since I've not actually run the boat till the tanks were empty I'm not sure that's going to be a sufficient amount to run for 4 1/2 minutes. I may have to ad an additional 2 oz. tank. I'm going to begin applying the white base coat to the hull today.

JD

8oz...? That's all? I have two 6 oz tanks and mr wilson said he goes thru 17 oz in a heat...I added a 10 to replace one of the 6's to give me 16oz on board. I had to modify the boat to get it in there. I hope to test this weekend. I will have a better feel for fuel capacity needs. Thanks for the info JD!

8oz...? That's all? I have two 6 oz tanks and mr wilson said he goes thru 17 oz in a heat...I added a 10 to replace one of the 6's to give me 16oz on board. I had to modify the boat to get it in there. I hope to test this weekend. I will have a better feel for fuel capacity needs. Thanks for the info JD!
Yeah, I'm probably going to have to add an additional tank.

JD

Looks great JD! I what's the GP that precedes your number? I thought it was supposed to be a U that precedes our namba number on sport boats...I do like your paint scheme

Looks great JD! I what's the GP that precedes your number? I thought it was supposed to be a U that precedes our namba number on sport boats...I do like your paint scheme
GP is the class designation for Grand Prix Class. I've been running GP on my Sport 20s for the last few years. The Sport Class is for models of limited and unlimited hydroplanes. My boat is definitely more a limited design than an unlimited design.

JD

Lookin' good JD. Yellow is 'racier" - Har,Har !!!

17 ounces for a .21 heat is a bunch of fuel. So much for, thrifty fuel consumption

I have 20 ounces in .67 Scale boat , 14 in Sport 40 - I get into the water early and have fuel left at end of each heat. Tell Jim to check for a fuel trail behind it.

CHEERS !!! Bob

Guys,

Jim makes horsepower with his engines that is why we burn so much fuel.

The key is to burn the burn the fuel, and Jim knows that topic better than most.

He will be hard to beat this summer in Sport 20 Hydro. It is nice to see many new

boats. Nice job on the new builds Jerry and Bob.

You guys will probably need a little more propeller to run with those new Nova DD's.

Have Fun Testing,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
JD, I personally look up to both you and jim. Jim has helped me over the years and I will never forget the day at manteca at the nats when we first met...you sold me your award winning tunnel after the races knowing it was for my son jeff. We had a lot of fun with that tunnel!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back