The JD Sport 20 V 2.0

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1st pic of tha finished hull is suitable for framing
default_wink.png

Good luck with it this season Jerry,

Gene

I had an opportunity to test again today. I found that I needed to pull my pipe back to 7 1/2" glow plug to ring on the NR Quite Pipe to get the engine to really perform. I was running the pipe too short to achieve consistent performance.

The 8 ounces of fuel will be sufficient to provide at least 5 minutes or run time. If I cannot start and complete a race in 5 minutes I'm not going to place very high.

JD

Hi Jerry, I'm new to hydros , what is the differences in a straight turn fin, an a curved turn fin. an can u uses a straight one on a hydro?
Our experience with turn fins has shown a curved turn fin will hold the boat in the corner better. Sure, you can use a straight turn fin. But, a curved fin works better.

Jerry

I have had an opportunity to do more prop testing. The prop that has allowed the engine to develop RPMs and provide the best cornering is a balanced and sharpened Grim 40X53 or an ABC 40X53(which is same as the Grim as far as I can tell).

My first opportunity to race the boat will be Sunday, May 25, In Eugene, OR. At that race, my son Paul will be racing the good, old reliable Snake Sport 20(2009 NAMBA Nats Champion and 2012 Hobart Sport 20 Champion) and last year's NAMBA Sport 20 Nats Champion hull now owned by Jim Hagan. Hopefully, the water conditions will be conducive to racing. If the wind blows it will turn into survival mode.
default_sad.png

JD

I had the opportunity to race the 2.0 version today at Eugene. Great water conditions and the opportunity to run against other boats. Although I managed to win three heats and place first overall in the Sport 20 Class, it was as much a matter of my boat performing well while the other boats experienced issues that prevented their optimum performance.

However, I was pleased with how it handled in race conditions. It certainly didn't dominate the competition, just finished more heats.

JD

Latest posts

Back