IMPBA proposal

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark

We know that we are useing the AMPS when you have too put over 8000mAh back into

your batteries after a 1 mile race total run Time 2 Min. (30sec mill at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle

and a 1 1/2 Min race)

Larry

Last edited by a moderator:
1. FE boats racing in FE only heats at mixed fuel events must be retrieved by FE racers.2. FE boats racing in OPEN classes at mixed fuel events must be outfitted with Safety Loops or FE racers must retrieve the dead boats after the heat if a FE boat is dead.
DON

I would also add what Andy Green said.

With permission a gas or nitro racer could do it.

Also this:

When retrieveing a boat.

Pick it up with the bow pointing towards you.

Place it on the rack with the bow pointing towards you.

The driver of the boat must stay at the dock with his radio:

- ON

- ANTENNA UP

-IN SAFE MODE -OR BRAKE ON

Larry

I could make a very small disconnect switch that would carry a 100 amps and would have zero resistance.

Wow, so you have the knowledge to suspend the laws of physics?? Amazing. Zero resistance?? How are you super cooling the circuit?

Can you whip me up a perpetual motion machine too??

I could make a very small disconnect switch that would carry a 100 amps and would have zero resistance.

Wow, so you have the knowledge to suspend the laws of physics?? Amazing. Zero resistance?? How are you super cooling the circuit?

Well let me put this in a way you can understand it. The switch I could make would read no more than 0.01 ohms and would require no cooling. That is as close to zero as your going to get.

Mark
We know that we are useing the AMPS when you have too put over 8000mAh back into

your batteries after a 1 mile race total run Time 2 Min. (30sec mill at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle

and a 1 1/2 Min race)

Larry
Larry what your seeing is peak amps. If you give me the rpm and the number of poles you running I can give you the number of times your batteries are seeing that peak. The numbers will blow your mind for sure and I would like to see what it is myself.

Toooooooo Many classes..... Lots of rules being made.....

I am just wondering what you do when a water moccasin or a similar reptile goes through the launch area???? If you have not seen that .....come on downn to Florida...It happens.

Larry what your seeing is peak amps. If you give me the rpm and the number of poles you running I can give you the number of times your batteries are seeing that peak. The numbers will blow your mind for sure and I would like to see what it is myself.
Here's a set up of mine.

Neu 1521/1.5D - 1,900 Kv - 14.8 volt nominal - 4 pole rotor - 12 slot stator - Rm (ohms) = 0.005

Also calculate a 1,020 Kv motor @ 37 volts nominal

Someone put up an Data logger chart for Mark, my 8 years worth are no longer on the computer.

Mark

Forget the peak.

What is the average AMPS if you draw 8,000mAh in under 2MIN.????

Larry

Lose the smart azz attitude Bill, it's not helping things especially since you are not an IMPBA member commenting/criticizing on a possible IMPBA proposal. <_<

Lose the smart azz attitude Bill, it's not helping things especially since you are not an IMPBA member commenting/criticizing on a possible IMPBA proposal. <_<
i second that there don... he didnt even have the ballz to address what i posted in here because he knows it is true."screwing the impba out of the ama joint venture" .. by weekly calling them and harrassing them to the point they tabled it forever..thanks there bud good job....just like he chooses to send pm's to me and shoot his mouth off there..pathetic.

tk

I don't understand why the FE Guys are even involved with us. They race their own races and should NEVER be included with the Nitro and Gas Races anyway.
It is amazing to me that BOTH NAMBA and IMPBA have set up so many classes now that we can't even get a good number of boats in any class. Except maybe Gas Cat.

WAY TOO MANY CLASSES!!! Will be very difficult to undo what has been done over the past several years

Marty, I think it's called Open Classes. ;) There are too many classes though. I have tried to pair things down and only come up with resistance. This happens in all forms of racing.

Ok guys, First let me say that I am not a member of IMPBA and I do not run F/E. I have been to all of the F/E SAW at Legg Lake & have seen all of the scenarios and then some that have been brought up. I have seen them start on the pit table, the ground, in the hands of the driver when walking to the water & in the retrive boat.... But I think the most danger can be when the boat is upside down ( water can & does get through the tape on the hatch ) when it is turned over to get to a disconnect of any kind, water can then get to all of those electric gismoes and there is the problem!! Maybe some kind of a mercury controlled fuse would work to disconnect only when upside down????

Don :)

i second that there don... he didnt even have the ballz to address what i posted in here because he knows it is true."screwing the impba out of the ama joint venture" .. by weekly calling them and harrassing them to the point they tabled it forever..thanks there bud good job....just like he chooses to send pm's to me and shoot his mouth off there..pathetic.
tk

Well, I sent you a personal reply on that issue because your personal attack had nothing to do with the subject. But if you insist, here is a public response. And as far as intestinal fortitude goes, it would be nice if maybe the folks who feel the need to talk behind people's back like little school girls would come forward and act like adults.

As I told you in my PM to you, which I noticed you mentioned without taking the time to acknowledge the factual content, I had nothing to do with the decision on the part of the AMA leadership to take a pass on this idea. For the record anyone telling you otherwise is either misinformed or simply lying. Beyond that, it was NEVER a "joint venture". There was discussion regarding IMPBA becoming an AMA Special Interest Group (SIG), which is an all together different thing.

Where you heard that I called weekly is beyond me. In this case whomever told you that is flat out lying to you. I NEVER called anyone. I exchanged a total of THREE emails with the President of the AMA, the last two in response to questions he asked me. I sent those emails as a member of the AMA for over 40 years. I did so to voice my questions about why an airplane organization would consider recognizing a boat organization as a SIG. Since it seems being a member of an organization is a big deal to people, I am at a loss to understand why this was inappropriate.

Beyond that, your contention that I was the cause of the tabling demonstrates your complete ignorance of how the AMA operates. To put it simply, there is no way that a single individual could ever influence all ELEVEN District Vice President's and the President and Vice president to the point that it would kill any matter before them. Find just ONE instance where AMA has done so, if you can. They simply do not operate that way.

So perhaps you should at least try to get your facts straight before you start spreading slanderous statements about a person. You see, I can actually prove what I am writing about this, where as I know you cannot. That means that if you continue that you are doing so knowing it is a lie.

If you want to denigrate me then at least be smart enough to base it on the truth.

As far as my remark to Mark, well, I will say that I posted in haste and should not have been so snarky. But it was getting wearisome reading posts about how ignorant the FE people are and I was amused by the proclamation that he could make a zero resistance switch, which is essentially impossible. Very low OK, but zero, nope, cannot happen, at least not in the context of a model boat.

So Mark, I was hasty in my response to you and I apologize for the tone. I meant no personal offense. Mostly I was trying to use a very tired sense of humor to make a point.

I have an easy solution to the problem . upon retreival of the electric boat place it upside down in the retrieve boat with a water soaked rag on the prop, which several could be just laying in the boat . If the motor starts on it's own it will just overload the motor , burst into flames and be thrown back in the water to extinguish itself . Problem solved with out any rule making .Done Deal .

Europe prohibits the use of nitromethane in model fuels due to the hazardous nature of nitromethane.
Europe prohibits nitro huh? Nobody told me.

If there was no possible loss of performance then I would have no issues, but since it has been clearly stated that performance will suffer (hence the SAWS exemption) I am at a loss to understand why this is seen as necessary.
Safety issues should take precedence over everything else. If everyone has a safety loop then whats the problem?

Dave

Safety issues should take precedence over everything else. If everyone has a safety loop then whats the problem?

Dave

Thank you Dave!!

Kevin Sheren

Is there any other f/e guy's posting on here or is this just a waste of time , i stopped reading a few pages back , if it's only one or 2 there just making it look bad for all the others.

If everyone run's loops then everyone is equal there is no perforance lost but safety gained

This is getting pretty stale

Europe prohibits the use of nitromethane in model fuels due to the hazardous nature of nitromethane.
Europe prohibits nitro huh? Nobody told me.
All FAI fuels are 0% nitromethane. At least in airplanes. I'll grant that I do not know if that extends to boats.

If you don't have all your facts don't post someting your not sure of it dosen't help your cause , which i think is a waste of time , everything on thei board means nothing , so try to play nice and make some friends and not enemy's , just my 2 cent take it or leave it your choice just for your info there's alot of nitro and gas guy's on here and you will get raped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back