IMPBA District 12 Race #4 August 23-25, 2013 Centreville, VA

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be running BP-MONO and I might enter the JAE 21 in both BP Limited hydro and Open nitro/fe hydro.

Looking forward to this race! looks like I will be bringing a sport hydro with me to this one!! Watch out Mr. Beasley, here I come!!!!! LOL

You're in for D Tunnel Stan. You can give us a check when you check in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Four weeks to entry cutoff. 71 boats registered so far. I know many traditionally wait the last week or two to get their entries in. I appreciate you guys who have entered early. It makes life easier for the host club to plan and get ahead of the game.

To alleviate some of the problems we had last race, I purchased a 250 watt PA Amp to replace the old 40 amp unit and another large speaker. The audio countdown recording will now be via mp3 player instead of the portable CD player that was on it's last legs. I'll also be purchasing a 5 lb ABC Fire Extinguisher to keep in the hot pits.

If there is anything we can do to make the race better or safer do hesitate to speak up.

Four weeks to entry cutoff. 71 boats registered so far. I know many traditionally wait the last week or two to get their entries in. I appreciate you guys who have entered early. It makes life easier for the host club to plan and get ahead of the game.

To alleviate some of the problems we had last race, I purchased a 250 watt PA Amp to replace the old 40 amp unit and another large speaker. The audio countdown recording will now be via mp3 player instead of the portable CD player that was on it's last legs. I'll also be purchasing a 5 lb ABC Fire Extinguisher to keep in the hot pits.

If there is anything we can do to make the race better or safer do hesitate to speak up.
Chilli,

We all were totally blown away with the preparation of the race site for the last race. Once of the nicest I have seen in a while. You guys in the DC club are going a great job and the higher powered PA system will be a added plus as well. I was going to bring my IPOD with me, it has the audio clock on it (unfortunately it is the Namba version), but it looks like you have things under control. Robin told me last night that he wants to set up his tent in the hot pit area so you (and anyone else that is CD'ing) can have some shade while doing so. He and I will be shairing my trailer and tent again this race. Will be there hopefully by 10AM on Friday and I have taken the entire day off so I can assist you guys with getting things ready for the weekend.

Looking forward to the race,

Thanks John. I appreciate you and Robin looking out for the CD's. I don't mind standing in the sun all day but the rain kind of sucked. Then again everyone was having a good time and wanted to race last event so I didn't mind so much. My only concern with a canopy is blocking the drivers view of the launch area when on the stand but we'll give it a shot. I was also looking at some smaller canopies that are sold. One is 5x5 but I think that may be too small. Another is 5 x 7. If the club can keep on making small improvements every race, I'll be satisfied. I can send you the MP3 we used last race if you want to throw it on your IPOD. A little redundancy is a good thing. I think I have your email.

Mike

If the canopy is drivers stand is in the same place that it was at our first race, I am pretty sure a canopy

WILL partially block the launch area.

The drivers stand can be moved rearwards and the CD possibly place in FRONT of the drivers stand

instead of along side.

just food for thought.

I'm thinking if we put the canopy in front of the stand, They guys on the far right of the stand might have a hard time bringing their boats to the ramp. We'll figure it out. I don't mind getting in the elements for the very start of the race. Then I can call it from under the canopy. :)

With the new PA Amp we'll be able to give the racers staying at the Bull Run camp ground a wake up call. LOL

Thanks Robin. John was over at East Coast Hobbies last weekend running trucks. They know him over there. PM me your address and I'll mail a couple fliers to you to drop off.

Truthfully, I hate asking people for stuff but I guess it goes with the territory.

On another note, I discovered after coming back from Atlanta, the rod bearing was just about to let go on the Road Runner. Lucky I caught it before the motor imploded. The jug is fine but she is getting a new bottom end (crank, bearings, seals, etc). I never have these problems with my electric boats. :lol:

Good that you were able to catch that in time. The engine that I had lock up at the last race not so lucky. piston skirt cracked and went thru the bottom and got on top of the piston. Thank goodness I had a spare top end from another engine that is being converted to a 29.5 monster big block. new 1mm stroker crank, ceramic bearings, new piston and rod bearings and pin. Fired it up in the backlash last night and it sounds real good. Looking forward to running sport hydro class again, it has been too long. Will try to get some pond time before the race but may end up doing final adjustments during open water. Figure that engine has been run about 3-4 seasons so I can't complain. I think I will pull them all down over the winter and check lower crank bearings and install new rod and crank bearings and a ring.

Latest posts

Back