IMPBA District 12 Race #4 August 23-25, 2013 Centreville, VA

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good stuff John FInch. Thanks. I guess I'll give it a shot. Like I said, I'm most concerned about the stink factor with the boats in the basement. I guess if the smell is bad I can wipe the inside of the boats down after running them and maybe stuff a rag into the carb. I'm going to be running some boats tomorrow at the Capitol Pond. Maybe do a couple runs with the SAW cat. Me and little Chilli are headed down to Atlanta next weekend for their Grand Prix race. Always fun hanging out with that Smock guy. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
chilli I never had problem with my gas cat smelling in the house. it stands up against wall in bedroom

Thanks William, Any progress on the Insane Rigger? I know you've been under the weather. You missed some fun heats last month.

I was able to bump my vacation a few days and will be at the race.

planning on BP mono and MAYBE BP lim. hydro

Just got back from the pond. I have my winter project. George gave me his .60 Road Runner. The man is hard working, generous and builds great boats. I'm proud to have him in the club!! You can probably guess what I'm going to do with it.... :)

John

The 87 octane comments really got my attention. I have been using a high grade, high octane aviation gas with HP oil and getting excellent results in my gas tunnel. If I can get equal or better with 87 pump gas, then I am all ears!!... :) What oil and ratio have you found that works? I am down to 20:1 with great performance, adequate lubrication, and little to no carbon buildup on top of the piston and in the exhaust. Also. how many ounces per gallon of ethanol do you suggest or have you found pump gas with the correct ratio? Thanks for the information

OK, I am gonna be going! I have some questions about classes, since you know I don't get to race much. Here they are:

1) I have this gas mono with a mod 26 engine...Do I enter LSG Mono, and can I enter Open Offshore with this as well?

2) Is there a class everyone is fine with me putting my 35" O/B kneeler w/ OS XM.21 engine? I just want to run the thing, I don't care about being counted as placing with it!

3) Is there a Full P-FE tunnel class? If not, I will put it in Open Tunnel, unless I get my Q boat together in time.

I may sign up for P-Limited Tunnel or Nitro B Stock depending if I can get a hull built in time.

Last, what is the cut off date for entries?

Thanks, Mike Luszcz

OK, I am gonna be going! I have some questions about classes, since you know I don't get to race much. Here they are:

1) I have this gas mono with a mod 26 engine...Do I enter LSG Mono, and can I enter Open Offshore with this as well?

2) Is there a class everyone is fine with me putting my 35" O/B kneeler w/ OS XM.21 engine? I just want to run the thing, I don't care about being counted as placing with it!

3) Is there a Full P-FE tunnel class? If not, I will put it in Open Tunnel, unless I get my Q boat together in time.

I may sign up for P-Limited Tunnel or Nitro B Stock depending if I can get a hull built in time.

Last, what is the cut off date for entries?

Thanks, Mike Luszcz
#1 you can run that boat in both LSG mono and open offshore.

Oh, that was fast. I will follow Dick's instructions! When is the actual cutoff tho? Surely not today? Mike

AWESOME MIke!! Cutoff is Wednesday August 21st at Midnight. I think Dick wants you to sign up before you change your mind. LOL Except for B-Sport and B/P-Lim Tunnel, I'm flexible MIkey. If it's good with the tunnel guys it's okay with me. Another option is to run the kneeler with D Tunnel if Ron doesn't mind. Comparible size to the D Tunnels I believe and we've been light in that class. What ever gets you guys running all the boats you want.

Haha, no, not changing my mind. I already have plans to ride up with Stan Harrington and we are splitting the cost and what not. Wife already approved this too! I am going out of town next week, which is why I was wondering how long I had. Didn't want to get back from the trip and it be to late. But no, I am very much looking forward to this. I finally have some vacation time built back up after the disaster of 2011-2012.

John

The 87 octane comments really got my attention. I have been using a high grade, high octane aviation gas with HP oil and getting excellent results in my gas tunnel. If I can get equal or better with 87 pump gas, then I am all ears!!... :) What oil and ratio have you found that works? I am down to 20:1 with great performance, adequate lubrication, and little to no carbon buildup on top of the piston and in the exhaust. Also. how many ounces per gallon of ethanol do you suggest or have you found pump gas with the correct ratio? Thanks for the information
Ron,

Regular pump gas 87 octane 10 percent ethanol. Add a bit of ethanol stabilizer and 10 ounces of caster to a gallon of gas. Go have fun. Yes you will get a bit of carbon on the piston but then that helps reduce your head clearance.

Chilly,

I am not sure how to add baots when we already have entered so help me out. I want to also enter LSG mono and Offshore. Bump sides with john and jim and you. I have an old twincraft that I made some mods to and had so much fun with it last weekend on the buoys that I just have to do it again. Another $16.00 will be coming your way.

DSM of course. High point boats will be the scale and rigger.

John

Back