IMPBA District 12 Race #4 August 23-25, 2013 Centreville, VA

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're up to 82 entries with a week and a half to go before the cut off. Mike Tyson signed up today so it will be nice seeing him. Mitchell Stinson who is forming a club in Charlotte is going to be coming up to see how we do it in D12. Still a little disappointed in the gas numbers but were going to have a good time no matter who shows up. With those that have verbally committed I think we'll have close to 100 entries. That's a significant improvement over June's race and I thank you all for your support. Keep your fingers crossed on the weather. The Atlantic is very quiet with no tropical cyclone (baby hurricane) activity. The month has been below normal in temperatures and I hope that trend continues. The new PA system is all tested out and ready to go. I also picked up a 5lb ABC fire extinguisher to keep in the hot pits. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just renewed my IMPBA membership and signed up for the following classes:

Sport 20- P Limited Sport Hydro (I was told using my .21 kneeler in this class was acceptable)

D Tunnel (Using my Full P FE tunnel...was told that was OK too)

Open Tunnel

LSG Mono

Mike Luszcz

i better get another b mono ready. don, i'll need my second mod vp back. gas rigger i'm just azzout, only gots 1. mike can we run the second boats in a second heat? :huh: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know why, but every time I make a change to someone's entry the web site likes to double entries. Usually it clears up after a few minutes. Gonna have to check it out.

One week till entry cut off. I think we're officially up to 94 entries.

Okay, the rcracingevents website appears to show the proper number of entries. All I did was log on and log off. Go figure. Everyone please double check your entries to ensure they are accurate.

I'll be sending a freindly reminder to those that have not paid yet.

Long range weater forecast (FWIW) looks like typical summer weather. Mid to upper 80's w/ chance of Thunderstorms.

I think Carl is talking about the weather...either that or he's got a pretty fast boat....lol!

Sorry, I was tunnel visioned on RC racing events site. I was using the weather underground site. I'm showing sunny and 88 of Friday. Slight chance of T-Storms on Saturday and sunny on Sunday with mid 80's. There are a few thing going on in the tropics but it doesnt looke like it's going to amount to anything.

not sure on the smack talk, but let the lip smackin' begin - just ordered the BBQ for saturday's lunch from the kid ;) .

I picked up some VP Fuels 60% Nitro from a hobby shop who specializes in RC cars. They got stiffed by a boater who special ordered it. I have six gallons and will donate one gallon for the raffle. If anyone needs some fuel, I'll be selling it at the race for $30 a gallon. I'll eat the taxes.

Chilli,

Can you pull my open tunnel entry? I will let you know if I run a different class later this week. Thanks.

REMEMBER:::::::::::;

Race entry deadline is Midnight Wednesday 21 Aug.

Get those entries taken care of and in folks.

Am running only nitro this time. getting the JAE out of moth-balls.

Okay folks, with three days to cutoff we have 97 boats entered. Ron, I pulled you out of Open Tunnel. Looks like Open Tunnel and Open Nitro/FE mono will be a scratch. Everything else will run. Weather is still looking pretty good. Temps in the mid to upper 80's with a slight chance of T-storms on Saturday only.

Everyone PLEASE double check you entries and make sure they are correct!!

For your planning purposes, the first five classes run on Saturday morning will be:

B-Sport Tunnel

B-P Mono

D-Tunnel

Jersey Skiff/Crackerbox

Novice

Back