IMPBA District 12 Race #4 August 23-25, 2013 Centreville, VA

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I am gonna be going! I have some questions about classes, since you know I don't get to race much. Here they are:

1) I have this gas mono with a mod 26 engine...Do I enter LSG Mono, and can I enter Open Offshore with this as well?

2) Is there a class everyone is fine with me putting my 35" O/B kneeler w/ OS XM.21 engine? I just want to run the thing, I don't care about being counted as placing with it!

3) Is there a Full P-FE tunnel class? If not, I will put it in Open Tunnel, unless I get my Q boat together in time.

I may sign up for P-Limited Tunnel or Nitro B Stock depending if I can get a hull built in time.

Last, what is the cut off date for entries?

Thanks, Mike Luszcz
#1 you can run that boat in both LSG mono and open offshore.
Let me remind everyone....... Offshore boats need drivers or cockpit, numbers, and name. no excuses!

John

Since I have been in the district, we have always been liberal in our interpretation of the Offshore rules but lately it has gone to total disregard. Lets try to make an effort to conform to them. The Offshore rules can be found in section H of the rulebook. http://www.impba.net...lasses 2012.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Chilly,

I am not sure how to add baots when we already have entered so help me out. I want to also enter LSG mono and Offshore. Bump sides with john and jim and you. I have an old twincraft that I made some mods to and had so much fun with it last weekend on the buoys that I just have to do it again. Another $16.00 will be coming your way.

DSM of course. High point boats will be the scale and rigger.

John
John, I added you to Offshore and Gas Mono........ and I added me to Open Hydro. :)

Don't know if any one noticed or not but I was the only person running one of the new vector mono's that had a partial cowl on it so it was leagal for open offshore. I will paint the windshield before showing up

That's cool John. I would get one too but I am just not a fan of the looks of that cowl. I put some black tape on my boat with some silver pinstripe tape to simulate a enclosed cockpit. I also have some spare numbers if anyone needs them.

That's cool John. I would get one too but I am just not a fan of the looks of that cowl. I put some black tape on my boat with some silver pinstripe tape to simulate a enclosed cockpit. I also have some spare numbers if anyone needs them.
I totally agree, it is not the prettiest thing out there. I got mine as the only part that was not destroyed of the vector that Danny Wiemer hit the retrieval boat with last summer in Queenstown. I need to paint mine to really match the boat but most likely will not since I am going to build a new one for next year anyhow. It kinda looks like they took the center of the Conquest cowl and made it into something that fits the boat. Oh well, it works ands makes the boat legal, I guess that is what counts.....

A couple more things folks. We are going to be awarding a High Points Trophy this race. You can PM me what two classes you want to enter for the Trophy or tell us at registration. Thanks to John Finch who is sponsoring the award for us. We will also be doing a raffle to try to get funds for the club. We only netted about $150 last race. We would appreciate any donations. I hate asking for stuff from people but I guess it's the nature of the job. Thanks folks!!

Sounds good Chilli. Put me down for gas mono and gas cat for high points. I will also bring something to donate for the raffle as well.

A couple more things folks. We are going to be awarding a High Points Trophy this race. You can PM me what two classes you want to enter for the Trophy or tell us at registration. Thanks to John Finch who is sponsoring the award for us. We will also be doing a raffle to try to get funds for the club. We only netted about $150 last race. We would appreciate any donations. I hate asking for stuff from people but I guess it's the nature of the job. Thanks folks!!
Chilli,

Glad a High Points award is back. I designated two boats for the last race on the entry form and was wondering why it wasnt awarded to someone. Please dont hesitate to ask for trophy or other needed donations in the future. I am sure everyone will be happy to help.

Thanks John for stepping up with a high point trophy, and for the gas fuel tips. Im gonna try some of your Finch's Brew soon. How many ounces of Ethanol booster do you recommend? Looking forward to rubbing Gas Monos with you and the rest of the guys again!!!... :)

Chilli,

Glad a High Points award is back. I designated two boats for the last race on the entry form and was wondering why it wasnt awarded to someone. Please dont hesitate to ask for trophy or other needed donations in the future. I am sure everyone will be happy to help.

Thanks John for stepping up with a high point trophy, and for the gas fuel tips. Im gonna try some of your Finch's Brew soon. How many ounces of Ethanol booster do you recommend? Looking forward to rubbing Gas Monos with you and the rest of the guys again!!!... :)
It is called stabil Ethanol stabilizer. Get it at any Car parts store. Use it in your lawn mower too. The recommended amount is on the bottle. I just throw a splash in a gallon of gass and go with it. Maybe 1/4 ounce or less is all that is needed to keep the gas fresh. It works.

See next post on picture here...........

twincraft photo.JPG

This boat was Dick Tyndall's US-1 national champion winner many years ago. He won many a race with this boat. He pulled it out of the attick and gave it to me because I had originally given it to him back about 1985 or so when I manufactured them. I wanted to play with a mono hull so he offered it up. It has been beat up over the past 28 years. The nose was tore off, the front deck replaced witha red deck, etc etc. I need to get some antique lisense plates for it. Still fun to drive!

Ron, Try Sta-bil Ethanol Treatment. They sell it at boating stores and I think I picked some up at a Tractor Supply a few years ago.

Wal mart carries it also. or find ethanol free regular. i have 2 liberty gas stations that sell it here in winchester. 1 is on 7 just past I-81, mike.

Thanks Robin. I remember seeing the sign at the one on Rt 522 on the way to East Coast Hobbies.

Chilli,

Thanks John for stepping up with a high point trophy, and for the gas fuel tips. Im gonna try some of your Finch's Brew soon. How many ounces of Ethanol booster do you recotmmend? Looking forward to rubbing Gas Monos with you and the rest of the guys again!!!... :)
It is called stabil Ethanol stabilizer. Get it at any Car parts store. Use it in your lawn mower too. The recommended amount is on the bottle. I just throw a splash in a gallon of gass and go with it. Maybe 1/4 ounce or less is all that is needed to keep the gas fresh. It works.

See next post on picture here...........
Thanks John. Good stuff.

Back