Home-made twin .21 catamaran

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the pictures of your adjustable struts, I see that part of the hinged bracket hangs down below the sponson. You "are" going to trim that aren't you? That would be a lot of drag if you don't. :ph34r:

Nice build by the way!

David

In the pictures of your adjustable struts, I see that part of the hinged bracket hangs down below the sponson. You "are" going to trim that aren't you? That would be a lot of drag if you don't. :ph34r: Nice build by the way!

David
No, because there will be other pads added, I don't know exactly the word in english. You have the main pads with their angle (12°), and I will glu other one (not as large as the main) with little angle (5°)

The pas I will glu are exactly as large as the brackets you see.

I'm not sure I'm clear, with this picture you will see the "little pads" I will add (in balsa wood with epoxy resin), this picture was the other boat I built :

dsc03952rz1.jpg

If you may tell me how you name it in english..

Thanks

P.S. : the sponson is the below of the hull that's it?

Pretty sure you are talking about the "ride pads", which is what you described.

Got your package today, will send it to you tommorow morning and email you the tracking info. :D

~James

Pretty sure you are talking about the "ride pads", which is what you described.
Got your package today, will send it to you tommorow morning and email you the tracking info. :D

~James
Yes!!!

Good new. I think I will run this one first before starting to build your hull.

I'm also going to add a trim system on the inshore hull, a friend who was a pilot on real speed boats told me it was also interesting on such hull like the HTB one.

The twin will be ready before I thought, I think in two weeks it will have some smoke on the water ;)

I just don't think craftsman does justice to the work of art that yo are showing us. Can't wait to see it on the water!

CLiff

If I could understand exactly the meaning in french of a "craftman" I would answer you if it's justicing my work, but thanks !!

Edit : I found a translator which told me the exactly meaning, thanks another time ^_^

re-edit : shadow, I saw in your signature that you got too many boats, I propose you to send me two or three to have more place at your home.

A little preference for big ones

I will give you my full address.

:p

Last edited by a moderator:
I am actually looking to sell one of my twins:https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=972

If your interested let me know

I am actually looking to sell one of my twins:https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=972If your interested let me know
No more rigger : I built one, it's too perfect.

Wonder more a racer..!!

Next project will be one, home made of course, with an os 81 vr-m.

I will need help for this one, I know cats but not really the racers, at the time I design it, could I contact you to send me some picts?

absolutely! I can't build very well, but I can take pictures like nobody's business.

Cliff

Thanks!

When I will start this next project, I will contact you.

Next winter ;) summer is a hot season for ruuuuuuuunnnnnnniiiinnnnnggggg :lol: :lol:

Hi all,

Flex tubing are glued :

DSC04888.jpg

Water tubing for pre-heating the water are also on their places :

DSC04888.jpg

Flex are cutted, and welded, I done it on my lathe to be as centered as possible

DSC04898.jpg

DSC04890.jpg

DSC04891.jpg

DSC04894.jpg

DSC04899.jpg

With K45 props for first runs :

DSC04901.jpg

DSC04902.jpg

drew, look at the first 2 pics, i think they just moved a little during mock up. the last pic wouldn't work, you're rite. i've been following this from the start, & am just amazed at the quality of design & work being shown. one hell of a fine job, IMHO. very, very impressive attention to detail. can't wait to see what you do with an ob tunnel. watch out, james, he's in your district............. B) .

drew, look at the first 2 pics, i think they just moved a little during mock up. the last pic wouldn't work, you're rite. i've been following this from the start, & am just amazed at the quality of design & work being shown. one hell of a fine job, IMHO. very, very impressive attention to detail. can't wait to see what you do with an ob tunnel. watch out, james, he's in your district............. B) .
Just have to say THANKS.

You're right, the tanks are not really where they should be, I will add some thing like that (please tell me the word in english, I don't know it)

1889_1.JPG

What means "IMHO"?

The OB tunnel, I would have it soon, but it's too easy, everything is already done on the hull, 2-3 screws and you're ok to cut the pond in two parts. Just going to put a system like this I'm actually building, to set the drive angle while running.

:D

I seen something, do be afraid by the big piece of wood on the sides of the radio box, they are just here before gluying, to maintain the box on its place while setting the linkages.

A great experience to post here, and a great way to perform my english, even if I can make some mistakes..

My firm has a plant at Rebesonia (near Philadelphia), one day I could go to US, with a boat, and run with some guys here..

B)

We call those "zip ties" Fabrice, and "IMHO" means "In My Humble Opinion."

Tunnels are a little less compicated if you want them to be, but you can also make it as complicated as you want. Ernie Lafleur has a LOT of gadjets on his tunnels, adjustable tuned pipe, adjustable engine angle etc... You can get just as creative with a tunnel. :D

~James

the most fun/challenging part of a tunnel, is trimming. water, weather/tuning, and the other boats can change things constantly. they are easier to get on the water, but getting them set up & KEEPING them that way is the challenge/fun part, for me. i think you will get the hull, and see a lot of things you could "personalize", in the build/setup. can't wait to see what cool tricks you think up B) !

Last edited by a moderator:
We call those "zip ties" Fabrice, and "IMHO" means "In My Humble Opinion."
Tunnels are a little less compicated if you want them to be, but you can also make it as complicated as you want. Ernie Lafleur has a LOT of gadjets on his tunnels, adjustable tuned pipe, adjustable engine angle etc... You can get just as creative with a tunnel. :D

~James
Sure, but building your OWN hull still be a pleasure uncomparable when you run it, setting a fiber glass hull is difficult, but setting your OWN hull gives more pleasure than anything, IMHO (thanks James :lol: ) I think..

It takes a long time, that's true, you must have patience, that's true too, but pleasure is not the same.

And wood is like a fragrance, not like this stinkin resin :lol:

can't argue with any of that B) ! look into wof tunnels, plans are available, like you might need them - NOT! i agree, i've built some wood tunnel kits & it is MUCH more satisfying to watch it fly across the pond, compared to a nasty smelling pre built hull ;) . you're right, the smell of ANY build is sweet, whether it's a new rc tunnel, or my old dodge charger. if you love it, it's like a drug.

I agree with you there Fabrice... I have a built a few wooden boats, and they are that much sweeter to set-up, and make run good, IMHO. :D

IMG_0103.jpg

Back