Home-made twin .21 catamaran

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I'm using a Hitec laser4.

Tonight, everything is screwed, locked and glued, just have to add fuel and ready for break-in..

If there's no fuc... snow tomorrow, some videos to come.

Evrything's ready to fire the pond :D

DSC04964.jpg

DSC04962.jpg

DSC04965.jpg

DSC04966.jpg

DSC04968.jpg

DSC04969.jpg

Fabrice, good luck with your boat! I know that you'll let us know how things ran today.

I've been watching this thread for several weeks and am eager to hear/see how it runs. Its an excellent piece of modeling engineering.

Do you have any plans of the boat that you'd be willing to share or sell? I've read through most if not all of the posts in this thread and I don't remember anyone asking you that. Maybe no one else wants to scratch build a nice wood cat but I do :D !

Danny

That's not finished guys, I have to set perfectly the engines.

last tests, throttle were not perfectly synchronized, so an engine was always turning faster than the other one, and I think that's why the hull didn't get more out of the water.

This problem is now ok at my home, I re-set the linkages.

The engines are amazing, the are as hard to break-in as the R&B ones, if you know them and know how difficult they are to start when they are new..

For 3 tanks I had to unblock them with a wrench!

Now it's better but they still hard on THP (don't remeber if it's the right word, I wonder say when piston comes up in the sleeve).

I will start to set them for next runs.

That's not finished guys, I have to set perfectly the engines.last tests, throttle were not perfectly synchronized, so an engine was always turning faster than the other one, and I think that's why the hull didn't get more out of the water.

This problem is now ok at my home, I re-set the linkages.

The engines are amazing, the are as hard to break-in as the R&B ones, if you know them and know how difficult they are to start when they are new..

For 3 tanks I had to unblock them with a wrench!

Now it's better but they still hard on THP (don't remeber if it's the right word, I wonder say when piston comes up in the sleeve).

I will start to set them for next runs.
that would be top dead center that is a nice set up TDC

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

Here the last video I made today.

http://www.dailymotion.com/Gratte-tout/vid...e-mon-twi_sport

As you will see, I'm actually not really at high speeds.. I've made 50 km/h, and the engines didn't spinned for more than 18.000 rpms.

I'm looking for the problem I have with them, maybe I will have to try other tuned pipes.

I tested many props, and the smaller didn't give more rpm. I've tried 1445, K45, 1742/3, and the best are K48, but I'm still thinking I have a problem with the engines and the pipes.

Small props (K45) doesn't push enought water for the hull, and the engines are spinning too fast with them. Bigger ones are far away better, with 30% nitro, but I still waiting for 10.000 rpm more.

The needle valve is correctly setted, that's the only thing for what I'm sure.

I will continue to try to solve this, in this time, if you have any ideas to give me..

However, engines are properly set and synchronized, that's better than the 1rst run.

How long are the pipes from the glow plug, along the centre of the the header to the widest part of the pipe? They look very long in the pictures...

How big are those STS engines?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Here a picture (in cm..) of my tuned pipe.

DSC05015.jpg

Today, as I was trying to solve this, I found the solution : the tuned pipe are far too long..

And as it was not enought, I didn't bought the right ones, I bought the #1020, who are airplane models..

I'm looking for anothers, have you some models to advice me?

Back