A/A Pro 21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al Hobbs

Legend of the NW
Vendor
I spent some time last week at the CNC shop that is making engine parts for the A/A engines. The A/A Pro 21engine is coming along very well. I will next get 12 test crankcases to test fit other parts.

The A/A Pro 21 crankcase will be machined from a solid block of 7075 Aluminum. I went over the engineer's drawings and CNC programming with the machining company. It looks good on the computer. I am excited to get the test crankcases in my hands.

Other parts, such as the head buttons and water jackets will be made of 6061 aluminum. 6061 has a better thermal conductivity than 7075.

I also intend for some A/A Pro 21 parts to fit the old MAC 21. These would be piston and sleeve, connecting rod, and head buttons. That will help some people to keep running without having to buy a complete new engine.

It is definitely a wildly different crankcase and different drum rotor housing/carburetor design.

I will post photos of the test crankcases when I receive them.

The biggest hold up is getting the pistons and sleeves produced with the quality we need. Production began on the A/A Pro 21pistons and sleeves by Anatoly Karpov. No question but that he makes the very best pistons and sleeves. However, he lives in an area of Ukraine that Russian forces have over run. He is alive, but not able to run his business.

If it becomes impossible for Karpov to produce the pistons and sleeves. I will work with the company that bought and operates the old NovaRossi equipment. I have been in contact with them for the past few months.

In another post I said that I am looking for some used MAC 21 engines. They do not have to be in decent condition. I will use these engines to test fit parts in my A/A Pro 21 engine crankcases.

We need to know that the parts I want to fit the old MAC 21 engines are compatible before final crankcase production.

Al Hobbs

Al,
Wasn't the CMB 21 Valvola RSV07 parts interchangeable with Mac 21?
Other than the carb mounting on the drum housing (CMB 2 screws Mac 21 pinch screw)
The older green head Valvolas were pretty much identical.
I have a RSV07 I would send out if needed.
Rick

Thanks.

Yes, most parts of the CMB 21 were interchangeable with the MAC 21. That's one of the reasons why the MAC engine line was dropped.

There is a good chance that there will be some lapping and possibly some other damage.

That's why I'm looking for engines with little chance of running again.

We need to know that the parts I want to fit the old MAC 21 engines are compatible before final crankcase production.

Al Hobbs

Great news, Al... I'm in the process of picking up some Mac 21's that are long in tooth, and was advised they may need new P&L's.
Was wondering if any CMB 21 parts would swap over.
I looked at the website where Anatoly sells his wares and didn't see anything available.
There is no doubting his P&L assemblies. That's quite a trick little final finish cylinder honing machine he's come up with.
I'll definitely want to try your parts for the Mac 21 setup.

I spent some time last week at the CNC shop that is making engine parts for the A/A engines. The A/A Pro 21engine is coming along very well. I will next get 12 test crankcases to test fit other parts.

The A/A Pro 21 crankcase will be machined from a solid block of 7075 Aluminum. I went over the engineer's drawings and CNC programming with the machining company. It looks good on the computer. I am excited to get the test crankcases in my hands.

Other parts, such as the head buttons and water jackets will be made of 6061 aluminum. 6061 has a better thermal conductivity than 7075.

I also intend for some A/A Pro 21 parts to fit the old MAC 21. These would be piston and sleeve, connecting rod, and head buttons. That will help some people to keep running without having to buy a complete new engine.

It is definitely a wildly different crankcase and different drum rotor housing/carburetor design.

I will post photos of the test crankcases when I receive them.

The biggest hold up is getting the pistons and sleeves produced with the quality we need. Production began on the A/A Pro 21pistons and sleeves by Anatoly Karpov. No question but that he makes the very best pistons and sleeves. However, he lives in an area of Ukraine that Russian forces have over run. He is alive, but not able to run his business.

If it becomes impossible for Karpov to produce the pistons and sleeves. I will work with the company that bought and operates the old NovaRossi equipment. I have been in contact with them for the past few months.

In another post I said that I am looking for some used MAC 21 engines. They do not have to be in decent condition. I will use these engines to test fit parts in my A/A Pro 21 engine crankcases.

Al Hobbs
Thanks so much for working so hard to keep it going Al.......for sure you have a customer here! Now if we just had 25 more like ya, we'd be in great shape😅👍!

Latest posts

Back