Home-made twin .21 catamaran

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may hold the other boat hostage until we have a video of this little twin running! :D

~James

Outstanding work , I love the adjustable drives, how do you seal that area ? or do you ? How do you plan to finish the hull/ paint scheme ??

James you need to hold that other boat so we get some video sooner-lol ;)

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Last news :

Home made noise killer :

DSC04858.jpg

DSC04857.jpg

Rc building :

DSC04860.jpg

DSC04864.jpg

DSC04863.jpg

DSC04862.jpg

DSC04861.jpg

And a little video of the remote drives :

Outstanding work , I love the adjustable drives, how do you seal that area ? or do you ? How do you plan to finish the hull/ paint scheme ?? James you need to hold that other boat so we get some video sooner-lol ;)

Andy
Thanks.

This area will not be sealed. The water coming in could come out :lol:

No idea about the paint scheme, first a white base, but after??...

Outstanding work , I love the adjustable drives, how do you seal that area ? or do you ? How do you plan to finish the hull/ paint scheme ?? James you need to hold that other boat so we get some video sooner-lol ;)

Andy
Thanks.

This area will not be sealed. The water coming in could come out :lol:

No idea about the paint scheme, first a white base, but after??...

I tip my hat to you , NICE work. PLEASE keep us posted, cant wait to hear and see it run B) B) B)

Andy

Thanks.

My next boat may be one as your on the picture, it's an aeromarine one isn't it?

I've just bought an OS 81 VR-M, the $ still very vs the €, it's really interesting to buy engines at US or HK.

May you give me some informations about your hull by pm?

My cat hull will be ready for middle march I think.

And if I may visit you in Florida, I may run for you.

Then you may come to France ;)

I've been watching this thread since the beginning but the first time that I've commented on it.

First, great build. I wish that I had your talent but two things that I'm kind of worried about. First, the tuned pipes may be too long so figure on having to shorten or adjust them. Second is that with the fuel tanks so high up you may have a problem with fuel siphoning down into the carbs flooding them.

Pipes are Macs, I used it on an old rigger, it was quite great, but I know perhaps I will have to shorten them.

The first tests run will answer a lot of questions.

For the fuel tanks, on my others hulls I put them downer than the engine, but on this twin I can't put them everywhere else..

It was the only place to put them. They are also on the GC, so they will not impact the gc position when they will be emptied, I think that's something particulary efficient not to change the GC.

It's always a pleasure to have comments, it's a great way to perform my knowledge, especially when guys are so far away, and don't have the same vision on speed boats than in Europe.

Thanks.My next boat may be one as your on the picture, it's an aeromarine one isn't it?

I've just bought an OS 81 VR-M, the $ still very vs the €, it's really interesting to buy engines at US or HK.

May you give me some informations about your hull by pm?

My cat hull will be ready for middle march I think.

And if I may visit you in Florida, I may run for you.

Then you may come to France ;)
No problem, anytime..

Andy

Engine Dyno data:

STS D30M 1.6 @ 25,000rpm 67.99 oz-in @35,000rpm 35,000rpm $130

STS28 is the same peak HP is at a lower rpm band than the STS D30M

Note: These are figures from the original release of the STS engines. The v2 motors are supposed to have a bit more torque, but not sure of the power band. Hope this is useful info B)

Here is a dyno chart for an STS D28M:

sts_28data.jpg

And some more real-world dyno figures for various car/buggy/truggy engines:

http://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1419

Awesome project man B)

Mine is not a .28, it's a STS D21T MKII, a buggy one.

I knew the thread on the savage forum, I'm also in the MT with a Thunder Tiger MTA-4 (MGT here), and this thread is particulary interesting.

Thanks for your comments.

very nice. I was following this over on the xtreme board. Cant wait to see video of it running.

I have also watched this thread since it was first posted, and all i can say is wow. I wish I had the talent and the patience to do even half of what you are doing.

Cliff

Thanks !

It's not my first boat, it's the 3rd cat I built, I also built a rigger, but it was not a hull I liked, too perfect, full throttle and... ... nothing.

A cat hull is more fun, more "living" if you understand what I mean.

You're right Cliff, you must have so much patience to build such hull, but I'm sure it is worth it.

Yesterday I put some aluminium linkage guidances for throttles.

Picts soon (as I have my home internet connection back :angry: )

Hi there. Last news about my project :

Drives at top position :

DSC04875.jpg

At low position :

DSC04875.jpg

This only with the radio trim.

DSC04874.jpg

Then, I finished to put the linkages, just have to add the push rod seals. Aluminium guidances added too.

DSC04872.jpg

DSC04871.jpg

DSC04869.jpg

DSC04868.jpg

The radio box, I'm waiting for the Eagle tree system to finish it.

DSC04866.jpg

Today, I had time to put the tanks, all tubings, and start to glu the flex tube on its position.

DSC04884.jpg

DSC04883.jpg

DSC04882.jpg

DSC04881.jpg

DSC04880.jpg

DSC04879.jpg

DSC04878.jpg

DSC04877.jpg

To be continued..

Fabrice, this is one days work ???

Looking great , keep the progress coming- at this rate we will have a video before we know it- :)

Andy

Fabrice, this is one days work ???Looking great , keep the progress coming- at this rate we will have a video before we know it- :)

Andy
Yes, one (big...) night and yesteday afternoon (it's 10 Am now).

And you're right, I think first runs will be sooner than I planned.

In one or two weeks I will do a first break-in (not on the water) for two tanks, then finish it on the water.

Latest posts

Back