2010 Fall Nationals Final Race Results

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Knight

The 2010 Fall Nationals hosted by the Charleston Model Boaters is now in the books. Without a doubt it was the best race of it's kind ever held. The racing was outstanding, intense and lot's of fun for all. The weather was incredible with highs in the upper 70's to 80 and the lows in the upper 50's to lower 60's with light winds. The fellowship among all racers was fun and great. If you passed on this race, you missed the best event of the year. There were 2 Hall of Famers, a National Past President, a District Director and National Gas Director, and 7 US-1 Champions in attendance.

I know many are itching for the results so here they are:

Sport B Tunnel

1st - Jeff Whiddon

2nd - Jamey Galliher

3rd - Bobby Lewellyn

B Tunnel

1st - Randy Premo - Perfect Score 1600

2nd - Jeff Whiddon (1550 pts)

3rd - Kevin Lee

D Tunnel

1st - John Otto - Perfect Score

2nd - Don Gilbert

3rd - Jamey Galliher

Gas Tunnel

1st - Tony Atwell

2nd - James Beasley

3rd - Doug Carter

B Mono

1st - David Showers Jr

2nd - Richie Lind

3rd - Dick Tyndall

D Mono

1st - Tim Jones - won by runoff

2nd - Barry Petrowski

3rd - Gene Mongar

F Mono

1st - David Showers Jr

2nd - Chuck Simmons

3rd - Olly Douglas

1/8th Scale

1st - Steve Gualteri

2nd - Jack St Clair

3rd - Fred Lumb Sr

RTR Hydro

1st - Jamey Galliher

2nd - Carol Loeb

3rd - Debra Farrow

B Hydro

1st - Doc Turner

2nd - Tim Jones - won by runoff

3rd - David Showers Sr

D Hydro

1st - Tom Foley

2nd - Joe Wiebelhaus

3rd - Stan Simpson IV

E Hydro

1st - Alex Black

2nd - Joe Wiebelhaus

3rd - Joe Warren

F Hydro

1st - Alex Black (Twin)

2nd - Tom Foley (Twin)

3rd - Nub Kopisca (Twin)

Twin Nitro Rigger

1st - Joe Warren - Perfect Score

2nd - Ralph Almirola

3rd - Tom Foley

All qualified for the Twin Rigger Championship Shootout

Sport D Hydro

1st -Jack St Clair - Perfect Score

2nd - Tim Jones

3rd - Joe Wiebelhaus

Open Offshore

1st - Eric Lis

2nd - Rick Lehman

3rd - Richie Lind

LSG 23-30 Mono

1st - Richie Lind

2nd - Jerry Yarn

3rd - Wil Nichols

LSG 23-30 Cat

1st - Kurt Stutz - Perfect Score

2nd - Randy Corbin

3rd - Eddie Corbin

LSG Sport Hydro

1st - Raul Rodriguez

2nd - Richie Lind

3rd - Alex Black

LSG 23-30 Rigger

1st - Josh Black - Perfect Score

2nd - Richie Lind

3rd - Richie Corbin

LSG Classic Thunderboat

1st - Peter Mueller

2nd - Steve Gualteri

3rd - Mike Haynes

Jersey Skiff

1st - Richie Lind

2nd - Eric Lis

3rd - Harvey Liberman

Twin Gas Rigger

1st - Ross Medina - Perfect Score

2nd - Raul Rodriguez

3rd - Randy Corbin

All qualified for the Twin Rigger Championship Shootout

Twin Rigger Championship Shootout

Ross Medina - repeat champion from 2009

I checked the twins on my Stalker radar during the race. The fastest nitro rigger was 82 mph and the fastest gas rigger was 69. The Twin Rigger Championship Shootout was breathtaking to say the least. Everyone, racers and spectators alike, were standing and watching in awe.

The CMB club graciously wants to thank all that attended and those generous sponsors that made this race the best ever. It could not have been done without all of you. Special recognition to Randy Premo for his CD duties , we got through over 200 heats finished and to Mike Byer, who sponsored 6 classes and the Twin Rigger Championship shootout.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to all the winners.

Especially to my friends Randy Premo and John Otto.

Btw: how was the weather and condition of the water.

Thanks John for posting this.

Ronald

GO FLA 32 pcs came back across the border,, wish i coulda made it but afraid I woulda won the ole kidney stone skeet shoot sat nite, maybe premo mighta beat me since he;s played before. Great job to All racers and Promoters Steve H.

You're very welcome John, and thank you for putting on a great event.

mike b
A BIG shoutout to Joe Warren and Ralph for TWEN Hydro thats 2 in a row Joe..... Wheres the Picco TWEN :D :D :D :D :D
Mikey, the New Design CMB RS101 RoadRunner TWEN that was built 3 weeks ago was on POND PATROL. SPECIAL THANKS to many for the parts & input of the Boat, Roadrunner Ralph Almirola Built a Great New Boat, Stu Barr & Mark Bullard supplied the Engines, Andy Brown supplied the New Props, Huey - Shafts, Walt Barney - tanks, Steve Odonnell the Winning OD9 plugs. John Otto Supplied the Techonolgy Fuel !!!!! ITS A WILD RIDE....... & Ralph has another one just like it......

Thanks to Mr. MIKE BYER for supporting all of the remaining classes @ Charleston that did not have Sponsors.Your Support was Appreciated!!!!Wish you could have been there to race....joe warren

Thanks to all that helped put the race on. It was intense racing for sure and nobody was lifting. If you missed it you definitely want to put it on your calender for next year. Boy I need a vacation now! Again a Big Thanks to the CMB club. Ralph

Deb and I Had a Awesome Time

Great Racing and being forced to run the Pins was exciting.

MeTime,JJ and CMB put on the best event.

Meeting and talking to new Friends and old.

We would like to give everyone involved two thumbs up!!!!!!!

Where do I sign up for next Year????

Tim Jones

JE Products

Thanks to all that helped put the race on. It was intense racing for sure and nobody was lifting. If you missed it you definitely want to put it on your calender for next year. Boy I need a vacation now! Again a Big Thanks to the CMB club. Ralph

GReat race.............excellent conditions!!! And I enjoyed the FOG!!! THat was COOL!!! :lol: :lol: PEASOUP..........Could not see the other side of the lake.

MS. JJ........Gets the Hard Worrk AWARD!!!! GReat Job by CMB and all its crew.

GReat race.............excellent conditions!!! And I enjoyed the FOG!!! THat was COOL!!! :lol: :lol: PEASOUP..........Could not see the other side of the lake.

Chuck ..no doubt about Jeni ..she is a great , dedicated person for sure !! About the fog and the delay ......I needed it for sure !!!!! Moving slow the next morning !! Already thinking about next year and we need to think about keeping this Twin Hydro deal up front and on point . VOODOO in New Orleans is next and we need you , Joe and all the smack fromFlorida to get it on !! Great time at the Fall Nats and as long as I'm breathing I won't miss it ! :D :D :D :D :D

Chuck ..no doubt about Jeni ..she is a great , dedicated person for sure !! About the fog and the delay ......I needed it for sure !!!!! Moving slow the next morning !! Already thinking about next year and we need to think about keeping this Twin Hydro deal up front and on point . VOODOO in New Orleans is next and we need you , Joe and all the smack fromFlorida to get it on !! Great time at the Fall Nats and as long as I'm breathing I won't miss it ! :D :D :D :D :D
Good Luck @ the VOODoo Race! Jeff & Eric will keep you Honest in TWIN Hydro. I will be Working... B)

Good Luck @ the VOODoo Race! Jeff & Eric will keep you Honest in TWIN Hydro. I will be Working... B)

Tom...........Joe is on the mony there. Eric and Jeff will keep you honest.

I will be doing anniversary.... :lol: :lol: :D B) What Happen in ?????? Stays in ????

:lol: :ph34r: :ph34r: :p ;)

A BIG Thank You to all the CMB members, Mr. Premo, retrieve boat operators, Ms. Jeni and MeTime, and all the racers for a great event. This race is one to put on your calendar. A great way to end the racing season for me!

Rick Doane

Wow, it has taken me a few days just to regain my other life. 5 days down in Charleston way too much fun. You really needed your A game at this race......fast boats for sure at the Fall Nats.

Just the best people to spend the weekend with at one of the best rc boat ponds in the USA. It was great seeing old friends and I met a bunch of new ones as well.

Oh, and I am building a twin for next year!!!!!

Wow, what a great race! This is my third year going to this ( my second since I started back racing little boats )and this year was the best ever. The weather and water couldn't have been better. The CMB club worked hard to pull off a great race. It is always fun to see old friends and to meet new ones at the races. The redneck party was fun for all and I'm sure there are people thinking up new things already for next year's party! As with any race, the CD's don't always see everything to make the proper calls and as we all know, it is part of racing. Being the victim of being cut off coming out of buoy six, the perpertrator was heard to say "If the CD didn't see it, then I didn't do it". Might make a good T-shirt slogan, huh?

I decided going down to the race that this would be the last race for my 17 year old Twincraft B Mono. The winning resume for this boat most people would love to have. I managed a nice send off by finishing third. It will now get its own "Wall of Fame" in the shop to keep a lot of good memories alive. A big thanks to John Finch, Steve Speas, Jim Irwin, Arthur McMeans and a few others who helped with this boat over the years that gave me many hours of fun racing.

If you didn't go to the Fall Nationals race this year you had better sign up early for next years race.........don't miss this one!

Dick Tyndall

That 17 year old B Mono has managed to keep me from winning Heat racing at the Internats twice LOL but I can tell you the races we had were far more rewarding than any trophy.

Well one year I lost it because my hopper tank turned upside down on the last trun of the last heat LMAO anything can happen and it does!

If I had cut you off I would have said I seen it and brought my boat in, I mean we dont race for money so why not own up to your mistake?

Hope to race your new B Mono sometime down the road!

Ron

Wow, what a great race! This is my third year going to this ( my second since I started back racing little boats )and this year was the best ever. The weather and water couldn't have been better. The CMB club worked hard to pull off a great race. It is always fun to see old friends and to meet new ones at the races. The redneck party was fun for all and I'm sure there are people thinking up new things already for next year's party! As with any race, the CD's don't always see everything to make the proper calls and as we all know, it is part of racing. Being the victim of being cut off coming out of buoy six, the perpertrator was heard to say "If the CD didn't see it, then I didn't do it". Might make a good T-shirt slogan, huh?

I decided going down to the race that this would be the last race for my 17 year old Twincraft B Mono. The winning resume for this boat most people would love to have. I managed a nice send off by finishing third. It will now get its own "Wall of Fame" in the shop to keep a lot of good memories alive. A big thanks to John Finch, Steve Speas, Jim Irwin, Arthur McMeans and a few others who helped with this boat over the years that gave me many hours of fun racing.

If you didn't go to the Fall Nationals race this year you had better sign up early for next years race.........don't miss this one!

Dick Tyndall

Last edited:
Thank you very much to EVERYONE involved in putting on the race (and the Redneck Party).

As I said after my first visit last year, it was worth the drive from Canada and I really hope to return again next year :)

Not only is the racing awesome, it's a great place to meet up with old friends and make new friends too. I have picked up some good tips for improving my boats each time I've been down.

I again have lots of warm memories to help get me through the winter months now I'm back in the Great White North. No snow yet - but it's coming :(

Thanks again.

Olly

Latest posts

Back