Dumas Pay N Pak sport 20 FE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WHAT SIZE DRIVER WOULD BE CLOSEST TOO CORRECT FOR THIS SIZE HULL A 10th Scale or 12th scale DRIVER? I want to order the driver today. Anyone got shot of this boat with the cowling on and the merlin exhaust exits showing?

979224595936.jpg

539678597149.png

Last edited:
I should be able to seal and prime her this weekend. Im still debating between an open p or lsh for this boat. Its really not that heavy guys .Its more about all the lift that the tunnel will create, but I dont mind it running with a high attitude, as long as I can trim the cg to lessen the chances of a blowover. I think the deeper sponsons make for a better rough water condition boat. If there chop contantly making contact with the bottom of the hull seems like that would slow the boat down a bit too. To keep the look original i wont add any airdams or anything but what I will do is implement a 3rd channel on the horizontal stabilizer. I also found out from a heli plane guy the hold gyros arent the type we need for active canards and flaps. piezo's are the type we need you could however possibly benefit on a saw boat with a head locking type on the rudder so one you aim it you just give it throttle and let her rip.

Hugh

I think ill go with the aeromarine drivers as I can get them for a few dollars versus 30$ - a little high for a 70 dollar sport 20 boat.

OK time for some work. Im going to knock down all the extra epoxy in the tub, run the plumbing for water, and seal the wood

Hugh

2012-03-25_11-42-38_999 pak.JPG

Last edited:
GOTTA HAVE THE MERLIN TO BE COMPLETE . THIS IS GONNA LOOK SO SWEET.cowl cut lines.JPGmerlin.pngpack cockpit.jpg THERES THE DASH. I SHOULD HAVE MADE THIS A 10TH LEFT TURNER. MAYBE AN 1/8TH WITH ALL THE AVAILABLE PHOTO SHOTS. YOU CANT ASK FOR BETTER THAN THAT!

THERE USED TO BE A HOW TO ON BUILDING YOUR OWN DUMMY MOTORS BUT IM UNSKILLFULL ENOUGH TO BUILD IT RIGHT HERE FROM SIGHT PIMPS.

pak side shot.jpgYEAH THATS SWEET!

Last edited:
Umm this cowl will be tough. A true scale guru could put the merlin in place and still have the option of full or half cowl while keeping the fe equipment dry.

Anway....... back to writing checks

Ive sealed the boat to my satisfaction I will likely prime the hull today then start on the cowl and the merlin

Last edited:
Driver on the way Merlin too. no time to fool with it right now as I have to get ready for d12 . I will show you all that I do have those skills on a 1/8th some time :) .

Hugh

Talked to JW the merlin and driver are on the way. Should get hull primed today but I cant cut into it till I get the Merlin .Wondering what the strongest limited package would be if I went that route :unsure: ?

Last edited:
Unfortunately Chris Hansen drivers are getting hard to come buy. Need one still. JWR(south river) may have some now but he was on backorder with the drivers, so he decided to refund me that portion so I could buy another driver. Thanks Jim. We contemplated that there may be an old article on RR on how to build your own scale driver. May Be the route I take. I also need to make a blister on my motor deck to accomodate the FE motor. Im very curios how one would have pulled off the dummy merlin with a nitro dumas? Theyd have to be a bit innovative it seems.

Havent decided on full-P or P-limited yet. Full P powerplant may be a little front heavy for my setup considering cg; with the batteries installed.

Last edited:
Hugh, Really like the dummy engine out there. Add's to the look for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back