Dumas Pay N Pak sport 20 FE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Etti turn fin for this one:Etti  Hydro Fin.png and fighter cat 95 mm rudder:

No threads on the propshaft ill lock the wire with loctite and through set screws that bite the wire on the drive dog and prop nut :

Last edited:
Etti turnfin 122911152028.jpg is here now, so I can finally deck the boat . Still waiting for the rudder. :(

tapered prop nuts,like the one above, typically never run true, so that may be omitted . We will see. I will work with shoboat to come up with a balanced drivetrain which will be evermore important as we climb up the rpm scale. Ive read a few slams of shoboat, but Ive talked to him for over an hour and hes certainly competent. I cannot wait to have a few of his props.So I can RUN this boat.

Last edited:
OK almost ready to deck. For those impatient young boaters ;the foam I use curing can be sped up by misting water over it. I dont do this coz I have patience but that may help those who are in a rush ;)

123111113233.jpg

Last edited:
She's finally ready to be decked. I widdled out some round corners,mounted the transom and rudder servo. attachment=33648:011512211355.jpg]011512211553.jpg

I also knocked down the excess epoxy on the tub and frames or the hull. A motor blister is likely coz the outrunner is no more than a 1/8th inch off the floor. If I ever want to run an inrunner with water cooling I will need a blister to accomodate the water jacket.

Hugh

Last edited:
Finally got her decked . Will post more photos. I need to learn how to use the gallery.

Decked 20 pak.jpg

Last edited:
Nose job PAK 20.JPG and decked trimmed. There are slots beneath the deck for wing anchors; will have to cut them into the deck. Ill remove the motor clean up the belly arer with sandpaper then lay some glass in the tub. Then she will be pretty much done other than the wiring and finish. Stay tuned!

Hugh

Last edited:
I think with a canard this boat will be fine as a p hydro . It has some weight but not enough to feel like all the other things wont come into play first...crashes ,bad driving,etc...

iim finishing the standard cowl coz as it is; its a good looking boat. With all the fresh sport 20's on IW Id like to come up with a modern windowed cowl but havent found something that wouldnt be ficticious. I still may do a u-25 or a 1 off cowl.

dumas(USA) may not be the best but they finish out to be decent models in the right hands. Im pleased with it so far.

Back to this one. For the wire drive I will load the shaft log with 2mm lead bushings. and purchase some fresh retaining compound.

Last edited:
I may go ahead and make this the intended dumas install p power and sell it havent decided yet. I got another sport hydro on the way that I know IS built for speed. There wont be any complaints about this next hull guaranteed. I still am going to take the time to finishs this one out right.

Yes ill go on and make this one a semiscale. Ill get me a nice merlin for it and a driver, and not hack up this potentailly beautiful scale.

Since I have a PHIL THOMAS SS45 being layed, you all can worry about it blowing over instead of the pak.28.gif

Id rather see the u-1 as it was intended - a beautiful boat with a great tradition!

Last edited:
Pak LSH 2.JPG26.gif

Horizontal wing, driver,some paint and shes DONE!

See ya at the lake!

Hugh

Last edited:
Back