Dumas Pay N Pak sport 20 FE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like speedmaster but it seems a little long for a sport 20. Whats the length on that HJ? Anyone have any other opinions on the proper powerplant. I was looking at a nue 1527 a castle 1515 or a 4082 leo

Last edited:
Ive got a few of the one on the bottom use the brass tube pick-up or remove it and use a prop blast, the blade is a hair or two less than 1/8 thick

P1020801.jpg

Nope not one speedmaster rudder in the picture, top left is a zippkits .12 rudder, below it is my side mount rigger rudder, next over from the zippkits is an aeromarine rudder, the rudder next to that with no bracket is my X-1 blade, the "H2O" rudder was made by I believe dick Caspiri's son maybe its better built than even a speedmaster BUT that also makes it kind of heavy

Nope not one speedmaster rudder in the picture, top left is a zippkits .12 rudder, below it is my side mount rigger rudder, next over from the zippkits is an aeromarine rudder, the rudder next to that with no bracket is my X-1 blade, the "H2O" rudder was made by I believe dick Caspiri's son maybe its better built than even a speedmaster BUT that also makes it kind of heavy
I havent forgot this project will post some updates soon. Im going to power it with a 4082 leo or a 15 series castle and put my turnigy 4035 back in my prather v. I also got the esc back for the dumas even though with that boat I want the ultra HV esc from fightercat racing. For now though I get to run it at least. Ive been slow but im slowly going through all my hulls doing minor repairs.My next project will be a 52 inch cat laser cut by Kevin Visconti. I just need to send him the luan.I will make sure to post some new photos of the PAK. Sorry guys

Hugh

Last edited:
Been gone for awhile doing other things. Heres some progress. Theres enough room for 12s 1p in this boat . I plan to run 4 s 2p and 8s1p.

Last edited:
Thanks its all good . I think it will be fine. The foam fill will bring the "stoutness" back if some was lost.Ill ca the corners too.

Last edited:
HJ I got around to my servo tray a day ago:

Also a close up of wire drive alignment

What I need is a strut with a wire drive ferrule who can help?

I need the ferrule for theese reasons:

1 im tired of losing props if the shaft breaks

2 I cant properly balance a flex shaft. a prop shaft with drive dog attached and prop and prop nut can be closer to truly balanced

I will be turning a prop somewhere around a x637 close to 50k on this boat!

I also need a prop nut that uses a set screw and not threads.

ALSO whats the governing rules on motor blisters?

comments both positive and negative are all welcomed and encouraged here, so please feel free to criticize constructively. If i didnt want advice I wouldnt be here. Ive run for over 20 years but I want to run better. When you think you know everything you will miss something. I know Im dumb so help me.

Last edited:
HJ HEREs ANOTHER PAK IN MY FAMILY U-25 . 1.5 pounds 27 inches.

Last edited:
Tail feathers are balsa so it wont matter much. Ill post more after I get the prather done coz ihave 3 builds going right now. I cannot keep up. Question which would be more effective adjusting the wing on the back (OF THE DUMAS U-1) or building an airdam for it

. Can I keep the nose down with negative angle on the horizontal stabillizer?

Last edited:
Im likely going to change that angle by extending the tunnel out to the tips of the sponsons . It may end up looking like a shovelnose in the front. I may lose the traditional cowl for another u-25 . I dont know of any more turbines in the pack family.

Last edited:
Back