Charleston Fall Nationals Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
" The tunnels are in one group and the Sport D is the non-piped 40 tunnel class. "
Looks like it will be as easy to Delete, since it's so well represented. Guess the lack of your classes being listed in the Rulebook was the issue. CHEERS !!! Bob Johnson
Wow, thanks for your input Bob it was both tactful and helpful, not sure what we would have done without it. :rolleyes: John gave you the exact answer to your question, maybe you took it to mean something else... either way, you are entitled to your sarcastic comments as much as the next guy. A great race with a great club, at a great facility, we are truly sorry you wont be attending.

carry on. ~James

" The tunnels are in one group and the Sport D is the non-piped 40 tunnel class. "
Looks like it will be as easy to Delete, since it's so well represented. Guess the lack of your classes being listed in the Rulebook was the issue. CHEERS !!! Bob Johnson

Bob,

Well for you, being a doubting Thomas, the World Tunnel Championships we held in March, had 19 Sport D Tunnels entered. Would that have been enough for you? And if you know the rule book so well, I guess you are not aware that a club can add any non-traditional class to any race.

Oh, by the way, that race has been featured in the RC Boat Modeler magazine the past 2 years, including the issue that just came out last week. The first time that has happened. There were 281 TUNNELS entered with 76 racers coming from 9 different countries. I guess we are not doing things so well. Unreal.

Yup, the Charleston Fall Nationals is going to be just such a horrible event. You guys don't have a clue how to run a race. I can't wait to get there in October and be miserable.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

See you guys soon, Charleston's gonna ROCK! B)

Last edited by a moderator:
John corect me if I am wrong but I thought that you and Don spoke with Mitch and we are sending in entries for 40 tunnle open and gas just checking to make sure that was the discusion. And JR was going to run 20

John, I see D,E,F & Twin Hydro are 6 boat heats. How about 20 Hydro or are they 8 boat heats? That could be al lot of dead wood in the water..... Could you allow 12 boats for 6 boat heats or open the other hydro classes to 8 boat heats also. Just wondering if what I see is correct. Don't mean to cause any problems.

See you in Oct, Blaise

John corect me if I am wrong but I thought that you and Don spoke with Mitch and we are sending in entries for 40 tunnle open and gas just checking to make sure that was the discusion. And JR was going to run 20

The discussion from Sunday is still correct. Need your entries in and VERY SOON. The 2 for the 40 class will close that one out with 16 entries. The gas entries will now make the class minimum. All entries for the 3 of you are good. Make sure I get primary and alternate frequencies for all entries.

John, I see D,E,F & Twin Hydro are 6 boat heats. How about 20 Hydro or are they 8 boat heats? That could be al lot of dead wood in the water..... Could you allow 12 boats for 6 boat heats or open the other hydro classes to 8 boat heats also. Just wondering if what I see is correct. Don't mean to cause any problems.
See you in Oct, Blaise

Blaise,

Not a problem at all. After what we went through with the 20 hydro's last weekend we need a break. We have 10 entries so far so we will have 5 boat heats. Am trying to keep the 40, 60 and F hydros to 6 boat heats if at all possible. Looking at the same for the 20's. Not only better competition but less chance of wrecks and less potential pickups for the retrieve boats. Just speeds up the race and we have to shave off time at every opportunity.

BTW, I will be asking ALL 20 riggers to put high visibility (neon yellow, red, orange) tape on all boats to be able to see them easier. The wood color, black, dark blue, etc., boats are exceptionally hard to see. Use plenty of tape too. The Monokote line has stick on bright tape that is 6" X 24" and costs $3.99. Cheap alternative to getting a boat hit. Plan on it now and will be a requirement to run the class at the race.

I will be closing out ALL entries for the race by this weekend and will accept no more, even fill-ins. We are over 60 boats over the limit of 200 now. Plenty of boats for the Fall Nationals with exceptional racing for all.

BTW, I will be asking ALL 20 riggers to put high visibility (neon yellow, red, orange) tape on all boats to be able to see them easier. The wood color, black, dark blue, etc., boats are exceptionally hard to see. Use plenty of tape too. The Monokote line has stick on bright tape that is 6" X 24" and costs $3.99. Cheap alternative to getting a boat hit. Plan on it now and will be a requirement to run the class at the race.
After pitting for Blaise in 20 hydro last weekend, this makes lots of sense. There were cases where I couldn't locate the dead boat. We just had to take direction from the CD to stay tight or wide.

After pitting for Blaise in 20 hydro last weekend, this makes lots of sense. There were cases where I couldn't locate the dead boat. We just had to take direction from the CD to stay tight or wide.
The problem is not a 6 or 8 boat heat for 20 hydro, that's not an issue. The problem is when they go dead & then cannot be seen. Doesn't matter if it's 6 or 8 boats in the water, if you can't see it then count on it getting hit. :blink:
Unfortunately, however hard someone's 20 hydro might be to see on the water you cannot make it a requirement. A race official cannot tell a person what color their boat can be or how to mark it unless it is class specified like sport, scale or offshore. There are plenty of other boats that are just as hard to see when they go dead in the water. You can only request it and hope for the best. :ph34r:

Have some neon colored tapes there to offer up for those to use. Maybe you'll get lucky & most or all will add some color to an otherwise hard to see boat. :)

The discussion from Sunday is still correct. Need your entries in and VERY SOON. The 2 for the 40 class will close that one out with 16 entries. The gas entries will now make the class minimum. All entries for the 3 of you are good. Make sure I get primary and alternate frequencies for all entries.

Entries went out yesterday afternoon

See you in Oct, Blaise

Blaise,

Not a problem at all. After what we went through with the 20 hydro's last weekend we need a break. We have 10 entries so far so we will have 5 boat heats. Am trying to keep the 40, 60 and F hydros to 6 boat heats if at all possible. Looking at the same for the 20's. Not only better competition but less chance of wrecks and less potential pickups for the retrieve boats. Just speeds up the race and we have to shave off time at every opportunity.

I will be closing out ALL entries for the race by this weekend and will accept no more, even fill-ins. We are over 60 boats over the limit of 200 now. Plenty of boats for the Fall Nationals with exceptional racing for all.

5-6 is Good........ Any than that more your not racing anyways. 8-10 boats are for a 1 race-winner take all ( SHOOTOUT FORMAT). Not 4-5 heat race events.

Hey John;

Whats the chances of getting a breakdown posted of drivers in the classes.

With folks coming from all over, would be great to see whos running what.

Really looking forward to this trip, and meeting folks like Don F. finally

Met Chuck Simmons (big chuck) already, and that was a pleasure.

Hey John;Whats the chances of getting a breakdown posted of drivers in the classes.

With 262 boats entered now and a few more coming, and about 25 classes, your request is a rather tall order with the rest I have to do for the race. Will put it on the list of things to do, if I can. No promises.

Hey John;Whats the chances of getting a breakdown posted of drivers in the classes.

Meeting Don F. :blink: :blink: The old saying, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. :lol: :lol: :lol: Gonna be a blast. B) B)

"meeting don f." rick, just walk into the wind, when it stops, turn around - you just passed him :lol: :lol: . seriously, don's a great guy, you 2 should enjoy sharing 'scale stuff' with each other ;) .

"meeting don f." rick, just walk into the wind, when it stops, turn around - you just passed him :lol: :lol: . seriously, don's a great guy, you 2 should enjoy sharing 'scale stuff' with each other ;) .
You guys crack me up! :lol: :lol: Hey, I can't help it if I like to put fun first. :rolleyes:

Rick as for all the sxxt these guys are saying about me.... :huh:

All I can tell you is ...... umm ...... well ...... it's probably true. :p

Bring your sense of humor, it's required with the company we keep. :D

Seriously, looking forward to meeting you finally. :)

Charleston' gonna be a blast. B)

Meeting Don F. :blink: :blink: The old saying, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. :lol: :lol: :lol: Gonna be a blast. B) B)

/quote]

Ray, your probably right, the last time I asked for something, I did get it, and boy did I GET IT

You guys crack me up! :lol: :lol: Hey, I can't help it if I like to put fun first. :rolleyes:

Rick as for all the sxxt these guys are saying about me.... :huh:

All I can tell you is ...... umm ...... well ...... it's probably true. :p

Bring your sense of humor, it's required with the company we keep. :D

Seriously, looking forward to meeting you finally. :)

Charleston' gonna be a blast. B)

It's TRUE.....

Marty Davis

REPORT DATE OF 8/31
THE RACE IS NOW CLOSED FOR ENTRIES. We have greatly exceeded the initial entry boat limit and must cut off any further entries.

Final count by classes are as follows:

B (20) mono - 9 entered CLASS CLOSED

D (40) mono - 8 entered CLASS FULL AND CLOSED

E (60) mono - 6 entered CLASS CLOSED

F (80+) mono - 10 entered CLASS CLOSED

B hydro - 10 entered CLASS CLOSED

D hydro - 11 entered CLASS CLOSED

E hydro - 13 entered CLASS FULL AND CLOSED

F hydro - 13 entered CLASS FULL AND CLOSED

TWIN rigger - 11 entered CLASS CLOSED

B tunnel - 16 entered CLASS FULL AND CLOSED

Sport B - 16 entered CLASS FULL AND CLOSED

D tunnel - 16 entered CLASS FULL AND CLOSED

Sport D - CLASS CANCELLED

Open - 13 entered CLASS CLOSED

MOD-VP - 7 entered CLASS CLOSED

Gas tunl - 4 entered CLASS CLOSED

LSG mono - 14 entered CLASS CLOSED

LSG cat - 16 entered CLASS FULL AND CLOSED

LSG sport hydro - 15 entered CLASS CLOSED

Gas rigger - 11 entered CLASS CLOSED

LSG open stock - 9 entered CLASS CLOSED

Thunderboat - 4 entered CLASS CLOSED

Crackerbox - CLASS CANCELLED

Open offshore - 16 entered CLASS FULL AND CLOSED

1/8th Scale - 6 entered CLASS FULL AND CLOSED

Sport D hydro - 6 entered CLASS CLOSED

RTR .18 hydro - 4 entered CLASS CLOSED

Count is 264 actual boat entries received. Many thanks to all for making the Charleston Fall Nationals a huge success. Hopefully we will have a great race to talk about for a long time.

NOTICE TO ALL - THE RACE IS NOW CLOSED FOR ANY ADDITIONAL ENTRIES. THE ABOVE LIST SHOWS THE FINAL COUNT BY CLASS. MANY THANKS TO ALL THAT HAVE CHOSEN TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CHARLESTON FALL NATIONALS. WHAT A RESOUNDING SUPPORT FOR THIS RACE.

BTW: Believe EVERYTHING you have heard about Don F. Maybe he can live some of it down at the race!! He will have his A game for sure.

Latest posts

Back