Charleston Fall Nationals Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Average size of heats are 6 boats.

Two retrive boats makes faster time.

Cd that stay on top of dead boats.....................Priceless or Timeless :D :D :D

Two retrieve boats w/9+ hp engines, start racing before 8 am, race until dark on Sat, and the pit boss will be checking in 2 heats in advance. No waiting for anyone. CD's & pit boss will stay on top of things real tight to keep things moving. It can be done!

Last edited by a moderator:
rest assured, john & the cmb have the retrieve boat deal under control ;) ! at the tunnel champs, when mother nature stirred things up, there were a lot of dead boats. the 2 retrieve boat OPERATORS (not just drivers) did an excellent job of clearing the course & moving things along. best run event, from A to Z i have ever attended, no matter what sport or function was involved, imho. i can't wait to go back this spring for the '09 tunnel champs!!!!!!!!!!

Keep a close eye on hurricane Hanna. Landfall is expected somewhere from Brunswick, GA (just north of Jacksonville, FL) to Charleston. Hopefully a strong west wind will blow it out to sea and not one will get hit. Right now that wind is not there.

John What a list of drivers with Many diff districts represented........ Great JOB on the race Promo!! Looking forward to it..... :D

Any one needing fuel for the Fall Nationals??? Give John a call @ 813-651-1840 or send me a message on here, Fuel will be at site thurs. afternoon.

Thanks Steve

Any one needing fuel for the Fall Nationals??? Give John a call @ 813-651-1840 or send me a message on here, Fuel will be at site thurs. afternoon.
Thanks Steve
Steve do you know Johns prices? I see redmax has already came WAY DOWN on prices they had in july .... Joe W. We bought Johns TECH fuel in April & Have ran very Good on his House Mix.....

John, We have been checking room rates and they are pretty pricey at the Hampton and HI. Have you tried to negotiate a better rate by declaring one as the race motel? Also are there any less expensive motels on the mainland? How far would that be from the race site. Doc

John, We have been checking room rates and they are pretty pricey at the Hampton and HI. Have you tried to negotiate a better rate by declaring one as the race motel? Also are there any less expensive motels on the mainland? How far would that be from the race site. Doc

I will visiting motels today and tomorrow to do just that. Give me a little time and I will advise.

I will visiting motels today and tomorrow to do just that. Give me a little time and I will advise.
We got a room at Lands Inn. Seem like nice folks to talk to. Gary

John, Two things, a.) I want to confirm that the Sport 40 Tunnel class failed to make? b.) want to let you know that I tweeked the setup on your old hot pink ModVP and your fears are well justified that it may just kick yo butt!!!! That thing is lightning fast. I also loved your weight saving engineering (no motor mount!)! One Q, is it legal to add stumble blocks to a ModVP hulll, it is a tunnel hull right? James Beasley

John, Two things, a.) I want to confirm that the Sport 40 Tunnel class failed to make? b.) want to let you know that I tweeked the setup on your old hot pink ModVP and your fears are well justified that it may just kick yo butt!!!! That thing is lightning fast. I also loved your weight saving engineering (no motor mount!)! One Q, is it legal to add stumble blocks to a ModVP hulll, it is a tunnel hull right? James Beasley

James,

1. Yes, the Sport D (40) tunnel class was cancelled about a month ago with the Crackerbox.

2. Re the MOD-VP class - The hulls built by Mark Poole do not have stumble blocks. Not sure about the others down south that have been built. There are some proposed rules for the class that Mark drafted that are being considered by IMPBA but not sure if they are included or not. Suggestion for now is to leave them off and we can address it at the race for the future.

2a. Mark designed the original hulls without a std engine mount. I knew that is a fast boat but did not need 2 of them. They are much harder to drive than a normal tunnel so beware and don't get too frisky.

Latest posts

Back