Charleston Fall Nationals Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Knight

RACE CLOSED FOR ENTRIES

The Charleston Model Boaters (CMB) club is pleased to announce the Charleston Fall Nationals Race on October 11th & 12th at the club lake in John's Island, SC. This is a first class facility, with crystal clear deep water, easy access, plenty of parking and great racing. Potential internats race may be in the future at this facility. There is no real season ending large championship race so we have decided to host this race as the Fall Nationals.

There are classes for all boating interest. Nitro classes, including a twin nitro rigger; tunnels, including the new MOD-VP's; and many gas classes including the LSG open stock and Classic Thunderboats, are being offered. RTR Hydro class was added 6/29/08. The FE's could not generate enough interest to host those classes.

Race flyer is attached in WORD. Entry deadline is Sept 30 by mail only with payment. 200 boat entry limit. Driving directions and motel information are located on page 2.

CMB_2008_Fall_National_Champs_Entry_Form.doc

Attachments

• CMB_2008_Fall_National_Champs_Entry_Form.doc
    48 KB · Views: 200
Last edited by a moderator:
if you've never raced with the CMB, try to make this race. they put on excellent events, imo!!!

We are looking to see if there is enough interest in the RTR class to possibly add that class to our fall race. Please post interest on this site. thanks

The Charleston Model Boaters (CMB) club is pleased to announce the Fall National Championships on October 11th & 12th at the club lake in John's Island, SC. This is a first class facility, with crystal clear deep water, easy access, plenty of parking and great racing. Potential internats race may be in the future at this facility. There is no real season ending large championship race so we have decided to host this race as the Fall National Championships.
There are classes for all boating interest. Nitro classes, including a twin nitro rigger; tunnels, including the new MOD-VP's; and many gas classes including the LSG open stock and Classic Thunderboats, are being offered. The FE's could not generate enough interest to host those classes.

Race flyer is attached in WORD. Entry deadline is Sept 30 by mail only with payment. 200 boat entry limit. Driving directions and motel information are located on page 2.

John, We are going to try to come east this year to boat with you. jw

The Charleston Model Boaters (CMB) club is pleased to announce the Fall National Championships on October 11th & 12th at the club lake in John's Island, SC. This is a first class facility, with crystal clear deep water, easy access, plenty of parking and great racing. Potential internats race may be in the future at this facility. There is no real season ending large championship race so we have decided to host this race as the Fall National Championships.
There are classes for all boating interest. Nitro classes, including a twin nitro rigger; tunnels, including the new MOD-VP's; and many gas classes including the LSG open stock and Classic Thunderboats, are being offered. The FE's could not generate enough interest to host those classes.

Awesome to have you guys join us. You will not be disappointed I can assure you!

Awesome to have you guys join us. You will not be disappointed I can assure you!
WE can talk later But i would want to know What parts of the week we can gain entry to the lake & Open water times... We would make the trip mid week.jw

Count me in. I have no work schedule conflicts this year. I would be coming over Thursday to setup.

JOSE

WE can talk later But i would want to know What parts of the week we can gain entry to the lake & Open water times... We would make the trip mid week.jw
Based on what is on the flyer it seems pretty clear to me, they even highlighted it in red-

• Open water all day Friday ONLY from 9 am until 7 pm

John,

I looked at the aerial view of the lake in Mapquest. What part of the lake is the race course located.

Can we start sending the entries now.

JOSE

Yeah...............It late enough that I maybe able to get out of class and no one miss me :lol: :lol:

John,I looked at the aerial view of the lake in Mapquest. What part of the lake is the race course located.

Can we start sending the entries now.

JOSE

The course is located on the left end away from the point on the far right. That gives over 2200' of open water for the course. The lake is long enough for 3 full sized courses side by side.

Entries can be sent in now and I have already received some.

Official and controlled open water is Friday only. If someone wants to come in on Thurs to run or Wed to set up that is OK with us. Some of the club members will be out there then for final setups.

Come one, come all!! Nitro, tunnels and gas alike are all welcome. If we get enough interest in the RTR class, we'll add that in too.

REMINDER: There is a 200 boat entry limit plus what ever is needed to fill up a heat that has less than 8 boats in it. Will not add any more heats for any class when we get to the 200 limit. So do not wait for a long time to enter.

i believe there are at least 3 of us that are planning to make the trip from the AMB club. I will be running LSG Cat & LSG Rigger.

Guys,

Apparently there has been questions raised by some, I suspect from the old IMPBA guard, of why the CMB club has chosen to use the term "National" in association with our fall race. So for all to know, and to stop all the e mails to me personally, it has been done for the following reasons:

1. It is NOT restricted by the rule book. ONLY the terms Nationals and Nats, both plural, are specifically addressed in the rule book. Two present races are exempt from this, the Spring Nats and the Northern Nats. That may change next month by the IMPBA Board and try to prevent the CMB club from using it, after the fact.

2. There is no present premier national championship level race under the IMPBA banner at the end of the race year - the fall. We have the Spring Nats and the Internats but no final bookend race at the end of the year. That is our only intent, to stage a premier national level race, that IMPBA will be proud of to be under their banner.

3. It is not an attempt to take away prestige or attention from the Internats, THE premier race of IMPBA each year, which is held in the summer months. The normal format includes the US-1, which is not done for the Spring Nats and will not be done at the Fall National Championships. The Internats is the top level international/national race and we shall not take away from that race, by manner or name. National is not Internats or Internationals or singular versions of both.

You will not believe the flipping grief that we have gotten over this but we also have equal or greater amount in support of the race of this level and our intent.

Get your race entries in soon as the race will fill up quickly with a 200 boat limit. It will be held regardless of the name issue. The CMB club puts on first class races at a first class facility that further improvements will continue to be made. And Charleston is one of the top 5 tourist venues in the country to visit. Many reasons to come.

John I think the race name is just fine, some people need to find other things to complain about. :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to attending the Fall National Championships in October. :D

Entry form and check is already on the way. B)

john, i would be confused if impba forced you to change the name. you guys put on events that ANY sanctioning body should be proud to lend their name to. stupid is as stupid does....... i for one **** sure wouldn't be able to understand the reasoning behind it.

I am planning to come this year :) I know of several of the Tampa Boaters that are also coming. Talked to Ron Zaker, Jr and he says that he is 80% sure he is coming.

Marty Davis

Back