C.M.B. 2005 All Tunnel Championship Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
James! That OS is going to be one tired engine when this race is over! It'll be interesting to see how that boat does over the course of the weekend. Get it to the finish line and you may set a record for most trophies won by one boat at one event!! Good Luck!!

-Bobby

yep! Its brand new so I hope she'll make it through the weekend. Everything I own will be on its way to Germany via boat when this race happens, so I had to choose one boat and radio to keep here so I could race. Picked my sport boat so I could run as many classes possible. Gonna have to get Don to ship the boat over to the fatherland when I get there.....

~James

OK RACERS - LET'S GET THOSE ENTRIES ROLLING IN. The nats are all over with and have a chance to catch your breath and regroup. The Charleston Model Boaters is hosting this event as a tunnel championship for all tunnel classes. Even some speciality events to liven things up and to test those "special skills." No monos, riggers, hydros or gas boats to contend with. Just tunnels. We have been hearing for the past several years that some of you would like to have just such a race. We have listened and have invested the time, effort and money to put on a first class meet for YOU.

This is for all of the tunnel bragging rights. Come one and come all. All racers welcome. NAMBA, APBA, IMPBA or unaffiliated it does not matter. The entry form is attached in the first posting on this thread. If there are not over 100 boats entered shame on all of you. Don't pass on the only tunnel championship available. Give it a good support this year and this could be a yearly event. Poor attendance could kill it.

CALL TO ACTION!

Last edited by a moderator:
John Knight said:
OK RACERS - LET'S GET THOSE ENTRIES ROLLING IN.  The nats are all over with and have a chance to catch your breath and regroup.  The Charleston Model Boaters is hosting this event as a tunnel championship for all tunnel classes.  Even some speciality events to liven things up and to test those "special skills."  No monos, riggers, hydros or gas boats to contend with.  Just tunnels.  We have been hearing for the past several years that some of you would like to have just such a race.  We have listened and have invested the time, effort and money to put on a first class meet for YOU. 
This is for all of the tunnel bragging rights.  Come one and come all.  All racers welcome.  NAMBA, APBA, IMPBA or unaffiliated it does not matter.  The entry form is attached in the first posting on this thread.  If there are not over 100 boats entered shame on all of you.  Don't pass on the only tunnel championship available.  Give it a good support this year and this could be a yearly event.  Poor attendance could kill it.

CALL TO ACTION!

110158[/snapback]

I would love for us (AquaCraft) to attend this race and I hate to miss it but it appears I will be out of the country during that time. We will see if we can get a couple others :) to attend. Sept. is a busy time with trade shows and fourth quarter around the corner but it might be possible.....

However, we will donate a Top Speed 2 ARR kit to the race and sponsor a trophy class. The race director will receive it soon.....

Wish I could be there, I'm sure it will be a lot of fun!

Rw

Russ Williamson said:
John Knight said:
OK RACERS - LET'S GET THOSE ENTRIES ROLLING IN.  The nats are all over with and have a chance to catch your breath and regroup.  The Charleston Model Boaters is hosting this event as a tunnel championship for all tunnel classes.  Even some speciality events to liven things up and to test those "special skills."  No monos, riggers, hydros or gas boats to contend with.  Just tunnels.  We have been hearing for the past several years that some of you would like to have just such a race.  We have listened and have invested the time, effort and money to put on a first class meet for YOU. 
This is for all of the tunnel bragging rights.  Come one and come all.  All racers welcome.  NAMBA, APBA, IMPBA or unaffiliated it does not matter.  The entry form is attached in the first posting on this thread.  If there are not over 100 boats entered shame on all of you.  Don't pass on the only tunnel championship available.  Give it a good support this year and this could be a yearly event.  Poor attendance could kill it.

CALL TO ACTION!

110158[/snapback]

I would love for us (AquaCraft) to attend this race and I hate to miss it but it appears I will be out of the country during that time. We will see if we can get a couple others :) to attend. Sept. is a busy time with trade shows and fourth quarter around the corner but it might be possible.....

However, we will donate a Top Speed 2 ARR kit to the race and sponsor a trophy class. The race director will receive it soon.....

Rw

110183[/snapback]

Russ,

That will be absolutely fabulous! How generous and what a great opportunity to showcase the new hull to those that were not able to attend the internats and the special competitions with those boats. I believe the first posting also has the sponsorship form attached to it. If not I can e mail it. Many thanks again for the most generous offer.

John

John Knight said:
Russ Williamson said:
John Knight said:

CALL TO ACTION!

110158[/snapback]

Rw

110183[/snapback]

Russ,

That will be absolutely fabulous! How generous and what a great opportunity to showcase the new hull to those that were not able to attend the internats and the special competitions with those boats. I believe the first posting also has the sponsorship form attached to it. If not I can e mail it. Many thanks again for the most generous offer.

John

110196[/snapback]

Hi John,

The form was mailed to me along with an entry form. It is taken care of, no problem.

Have a great race!

Rw

John Knight said:
OK RACERS - LET'S GET THOSE ENTRIES ROLLING IN.  The nats are all over with and have a chance to catch your breath and regroup.  The Charleston Model Boaters is hosting this event as a tunnel championship for all tunnel classes.  Even some speciality events to liven things up and to test those "special skills." CALL TO ACTION!

110158[/snapback]

Yep, I think my dad will be testing his "special skill" of running his mouth again. He says that he is gonna reclaim his smack talking trophy there. Any bets?lol.

~Mitch Jr.

jaxracer said:
John Knight said:
OK RACERS - LET'S GET THOSE ENTRIES ROLLING IN.  The nats are all over with and have a chance to catch your breath and regroup.  The Charleston Model Boaters is hosting this event as a tunnel championship for all tunnel classes.  Even some speciality events to liven things up and to test those "special skills." CALL TO ACTION!

110158[/snapback]

Yep, I think my dad will be testing his "special skill" of running his mouth again. He says that he is gonna reclaim his smack talking trophy there. Any bets?lol.

~Mitch Jr.

110385[/snapback]

he will have some hard competition if i go.. lol.. not saying anything about his skills... but... then again... it is YOUR dad!!!!! lmao!!!!

ok... James.. on the flyer... why do we have to put the hull type, engine/lower unit, and the prop??? Im just wondering why you ask those questions and what will happen if i dont wanna put it on there? :blink: Are you the right person to be asking this to? Or should i ask John K?? Ill do both... later

That's so when we post the race results the the manufacturers that finish up front can get some free advertising. It will tell people who aren't there to see first hand what combinations are finishing up front. I've tried to do this for our races this year in our race REPORTS but it's not as easy to get the info as it should be! :blink:

-Bobby

topfueltoys said:
ok... James.. on the flyer... why do we have to put the hull type, engine/lower unit, and the prop??? Im just wondering why you ask those questions and what will happen if i dont wanna put it on there? :blink:   Are you the right person to be asking this to? Or should i ask John K?? Ill do both... later
110526[/snapback]

topfueltoys said:
ok... James.. on the flyer... why do we have to put the hull type, engine/lower unit, and the prop??? Im just wondering why you ask those questions and what will happen if i dont wanna put it on there? :blink:   Are you the right person to be asking this to? Or should i ask John K?? Ill do both... later
110526[/snapback]

Just to generate interest for the different hulls, engine and props used by the racers. Shows what combinations are being used as well. Some entries are coming in without the information requested but we will get it for the race report before the race ends! As the saying goes "We will get it sooner or later."

Ok.. Gotcha.. It was a dumb question.. but I was curious... and you dont learn if you dont ask questions.. Thanks..

Danielle

The only dumb question with boats is "Where can I get one of those??!" :lol:

-Bobby

topfueltoys said:
Ok.. Gotcha.. It was a dumb question.. but I was curious... and you dont learn if you dont ask questions.. Thanks.. Danielle

110629[/snapback]

BOBBYH said:
                                                    -Bobby

topfueltoys said:
Ok.. Gotcha.. It was a dumb question.. but I was curious... and you dont learn if you dont ask questions.. Thanks.. Danielle

110629[/snapback]

110637[/snapback]

That is soooo true... But i would still tell anyone who asked, just b/c i think more people need to get into it.. like when i was little (more then i am now) it seemed like there were more people that were into it..

We're slowly growing up here. Our attendance is up this year from the past couple/few years but I don't think we'll get back to where we had 10-15 boat classes across the board. There's so many classes now, we offer 21 between the GP & HP series where we used to have only 15 with a single series. It'd be great to get back to those size classes and I really enjoyed fighting for four rounds knowing you had to finish each heat in the top 2-3 to get into the top three for the weekend. This race will be like that! Almost makes me wish I had a tunnel! Almost! B)

-Bobby

topfueltoys said:
BOBBYH said:
                                                    -Bobby

topfueltoys said:

110629[/snapback]

110637[/snapback]

That is soooo true... But i would still tell anyone who asked, just b/c i think more people need to get into it.. like when i was little (more then i am now) it seemed like there were more people that were into it..

110679[/snapback]

sure bobby!!!! you wish you almost had one??you did but i never saw it run what happened? i know you are a mono guy but come on if had not solded thing which it was a little rought i atmitt after looking at it.you could be running with us!!!!!

allen

Same thing that happened to your 20 mono! :ph34r:

aamick1971 said:
sure bobby!!!! you wish you almost had one??you did but i never saw it run what happened? i know you are a mono guy but come on if had not solded thing which it was a little rought i atmitt after looking at it.you could be running with us!!!!!  allen

110695[/snapback]

Well...

As hard as i have been trying to make this race its just not going to happen.. Its not in the cards for me this time..

James my friend.. Sorry i can not make the race.. Please take care..

Don.. you need to call me once a month.. its a must.

Bobby.. the race will be a great show.. no question about this.

Please wish all my Tunnel Racing friends good water.

Grim

Latest posts

Back