THE NORTHWEST SCALE CHAMPIONSHIP RACE IS BACK!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Cathey

Supporting Member
The Northwest Scale Championship race returns in 2022 on July 22, 23, 24

Location-Marysville, Washington at Gissberg Twin Lakes Park (north lake)

Classes- 1/8th scale nitro and electric, Gas Scale, 1/7th and 1/10th scale electric, semi-scale Thunderboats

(Electric boats must be configured to NAMBA specifications)

This is a great opportunity for a scale boating vacation! In 10 days, scale racers can compete in the NW Scale Championship Race, then head to Tri-Cities for the RC Unlimiteds Columbia Cup and the H1 Unlimiteds Race. Also make a visit to the Hydroplane and Raceboat Museum in Kent, just south of Seattle.

Many of the details are still being settled so check back for emerging information on pre-registration and fees, hotels and RV accommodations.

Participants must have valid NAMBA membership prior to the event.

NAMBA safety rules will be in effect.

Questions? email Mike Cathey at [email protected]

Pre-Registration Information

We are starting today to take pre-registrations. $20 for the first boat, $10 for additional boats regardless of the class. Pre-registrations guarantees your participation in the event. It also allows us to load your information into the computer prior to the race. It's possible that we may have to limit boat counts due to time constraints.
Payment is by check, money order or PayPal. Registrations will be confirmed via email. Payment must be accompanied with the following information.

NAME,_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ADDRESS, _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
PHONE,________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
email,__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BOAT NAME(s)____________________YEAR___________U-Number___________________CLASS/SCALE____________________2.4 or channel #

Event Tee Shirts, $20 (include size and quantity)

My PayPal is [email protected]

Mail checks and MO's to:

Mike Cathey
18483 47th Place NE
Lake Forest Park, WA. 98155

Let's go boat flying!!Executone.JPG

Last edited:
We loved coming to this race, so much fun and all the racing you can stand. For those scale boaters its a bucket list race

I had so much fun at these races. Thanks Mike. I guess I really need to get my thunderboat done too.

Thats awesome Mike
Hope you come Rob. At the last RCU race in Chelan in September it just struck several of us, independently, that it was time to get it going again. One of the big changes is moving it from October, away from the iffy Seattle weather, to July for better weather and when the region is at the height of hydro fever with back to back H1 races in Tri-Cities and Seattle.

July is a much better time for us, then we can hit tri-cities as well. Not only that, the driving weather is much better through the mountains. So, if the covid thing is done, we will be there.

The Northwest Scale Championship race returns in 2022 on July 22, 23, 24

Location-Marysville, Washington at Gissberg Twin Lakes Park (north lake)

Classes- 1/8th scale nitro and electric, Gas Scale, 1/7th and 1/10th scale electric, semi-scale Thunderboats

(Electric boats must be configured to NAMBA specifications)

This is a great opportunity for a scale boating vacation! In 10 days, scale racers can compete in the NW Scale Championship Race, then head to Tri-Cities for the RC Unlimiteds Columbia Cup and the H1 Unlimiteds Race. Also make a visit to the Hydroplane and Raceboat Museum in Kent, just south of Seattle.

Many of the details are still being settled so check back for emerging information on pre-registration and fees, hotels and RV accommodations.

Participants must have valid NAMBA membership prior to the event.

NAMBA safety rules will be in effect.

Questions? email Mike Cathey at [email protected]
Mike, Are you noticing thats the weekend for Unlimited’s in Tri-Cities? And we schedule the Columbia Cup then. Unless my info is wrong.
Bill

Is the 1/10 scale going to use the 37x60 motor rule
Hi Greg - I spoke to Brian Buass about the NAMBA rule for 1/10 Scale and we decided to use the P-Limited motor rule that the ERCU club in the Pacific NW uses - Please let us know if you need any other information
Marty Shallenberger

Back