Building a 67 Bud

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok after much head scratching I got the cowl mounted.

DSC04822.jpg

Underside of cowl has a post that butts up to transom to keep from sliding back!

Two Quick ball links holds it down.

DSC04824.jpg

Fuel Tank is in.

Just gotta bolt in engine and shaft.

Should be ready for some wet good times tomorrow!

DSC04821-1.jpg
Denis, she looks good, not sure about the rubber o-rings at the front of the cowl in rough race water as if the cowl starts to bounce around it may rub the paint on the edges but time will tell. For the fuel tank area, I made a cradle out of 1/8" ply (coated with west systems) that has a bottom and front with angled sides and a 1/3rd top at the front that holds the end of the tank. rubber bands strap it in around the fuel pick up area to j-hooks in the plywood cradle. I then epoxied the cradle into the bardahl similar to your tank location and set-up. I'll take pics when I get back from up north at work. I like your dummy engine mounting and already ordered the magnets from KJ magnetics.

cheers

Got her wet and ran approx 1/2 gal threw the green head.

Ran respectable ;) Hope to get some tuning in next weekend.

Looking forward to race her at the Northern Nats

Bud67.jpg

Did the dummy engine stay on? I would think with 3 magnets on each side you would have a hard time breaking it loose. I used 2 magnets on mine (each side) and will use a pin to locate each side so it cannot slide back or forward.

cheers

Ya it stayed on just fine.

Was considering a couple of pins to line it up. But rush rush! I may Tig on a couple later.

I did t-bone the dock no damage! :blink: and it just slid forward a inch.

Now to build a windscreen!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks....looked like it worked well in the corner.....the way the water was coming off it.

Ok install a wind screen. Not real happy with it but will do for the norther nats

Anyone one got better ideas please post em!

DSC04850.jpg

Latest posts

Back