• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

any interest in a coyote daytona 67+

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very Bold , indeed, but heck Don, he is a IMPBA hall of fame member,maybe he has Earned It..

very much like the accolades you have Earned, in your signature, :)

This is a cool thread and shows a lot of history of outriggers. Marty Davis had some great info some months back about the origin of the Crapshooters.

Brian - what is the exact date in your boat for the pickle fork? Just trying to get a date reference point for history in my mind.

This is a cool thread and shows a lot of history of outriggers. Marty Davis had some great info some months back about the origin of the Crapshooters.

Brian - what is the exact date in your boat for the pickle fork? Just trying to get a date reference point for history in my mind.
It's 1993 on the bottom of my boat John.

Brian

Here is something to consider - 14 years ago, Jeff Lutz raced a single engine Daytona rigger that consistently ran 90+ mph in heat races. Stout by any standard, even now. He would probably still be running it today if it had not been hit at a race.

On another note, it is AWESOME that Don Pinckert is now an active part of this board. It is a simple fact that virtually everyone here is running concepts that Don invented. I hope very much that Don continues to be involved here.

Eric Canto

I agree that having Don Pinckert here is just awsome, Welcome Mr. Pinckert. I for one love the old boats myself as much as the new stuff.

Roy

I agree that having Don Pinckert here is just awsome, Welcome Mr. Pinckert. I for one love the old boats myself as much as the new stuff.

Roy

I second that Big Roy I am glade to see Don on here. I am glad to own & run one of Don's Daytona Glass Pickle fork boat. I run a Picco Ackerman EXR 67 in it & it runs very well.

The DOG

The Daytonas are the fastest boats EVER. Nobody knows it because I haven't personally gone out in public and proven it.
A VERY bold statement to make, especially in current times. :)
VERY bold you say. Heck, let me tell you VERY bold. ---- When I started running boats, there was only one (1) record posted over 50 mph. That was Steve Stephens with a Rossi 60 at 50.089 mph. ---- I immediately ran a Rossi 60 over 50mph. The 40 hydro record was something like 27 mph with a K&B 40. I immediately announced I could run over 50 mph with a K&B 40. Bear in mind, that would be like today saying I could bump the 40 record to 200 mph. ---- Making this 50 mph claim almost half a century ago was VERY BOLD Mr. Ferrette. ---- Sooooo, I put a 40 boat together. The first pass thru the traps was 52.49 mph. It shook the hydro world to the core. ---- Actually, for me, it was pretty simple. At the time, I had been flying airplanes for about 25 years. Mainly controline speed where motors ruled. I knew motors. All I had to do was relate. ---- The fastest Rossi 60 speeds were about 175 mph. I ran 173 with a little ST 29. I knew at the time, I could drop a K&B 40 in that 29 speed job and 'cream' 180mph. ---- For the 40 hydro record I simply 'related' and made the VERY BOLD claim. ---- Ferrette, I am still relating to this day. ---- WARNING!! In any of my writings, I drop a few "catch-phrases". To catch guys like you. ---- The phrase in this letter was "in public". Don Pinckert

Bob, Joe Dugas ,THANKS YOU, also,he's been following this thread
Hi, Joe. Thanks, and do me a favor. A guy named Bob Morrow, sent me an e-mail the other day. My computer ate it.

Tell him to send it again. ---- Bob Johnson, tells me he has been talking to you. Thanks again, Don

The Daytonas are the fastest boats EVER. Nobody knows it because I haven't personally gone out in public and proven it.
A VERY bold statement to make, especially in current times. :)
VERY bold you say. Heck, let me tell you VERY bold. ---- When I started running boats, there was only one (1) record posted over 50 mph. That was Steve Stephens with a Rossi 60 at 50.089 mph. ---- I immediately ran a Rossi 60 over 50mph. The 40 hydro record was something like 27 mph with a K&B 40. I immediately announced I could run over 50 mph with a K&B 40. Bear in mind, that would be like today saying I could bump the 40 record to 200 mph. ---- Making this 50 mph claim almost half a century ago was VERY BOLD Mr. Ferrette. ---- Sooooo, I put a 40 boat together. The first pass thru the traps was 52.49 mph. It shook the hydro world to the core. ---- Actually, for me, it was pretty simple. At the time, I had been flying airplanes for about 25 years. Mainly controline speed where motors ruled. I knew motors. All I had to do was relate. ---- The fastest Rossi 60 speeds were about 175 mph. I ran 173 with a little ST 29. I knew at the time, I could drop a K&B 40 in that 29 speed job and 'cream' 180mph. ---- For the 40 hydro record I simply 'related' and made the VERY BOLD claim. ---- Ferrette, I am still relating to this day. ---- WARNING!! In any of my writings, I drop a few "catch-phrases". To catch guys like you. ---- The phrase in this letter was "in public". Don Pinckert
And see here, it coaxed another cool story out of you like I knew it would. ;)

Like I said before, if anyone can make such a bold statement the "father of the outrigger" can. :D

Nice to have you on here Mr. Pinkert. B)

Last edited by a moderator:

Roy

I second that Big Roy I am glade to see Don on here. I am glad to own & run one of Don's Daytona Glass Pickle fork boat. I run a Picco Ackerman EXR 67 in it & it runs very well.

The DOG
Thanks a lot guys. I don't do this much. Only to clear up something. ---- Don

Roy

The DOG
Mr Ferrette

i think you just got schooled

Here is something to consider - 14 years ago, Jeff Lutz raced a single engine Daytona rigger that consistently ran 90+ mph in heat races. Stout by any standard, even now. He would probably still be running it today if it had not been hit at a race.

On another note, it is AWESOME that Don Pinckert is now an active part of this board. It is a simple fact that virtually everyone here is running concepts that Don invented. I hope very much that Don continues to be involved here.

Eric Canto
Eric, I appreciate that very much. Jeff, did the unthinkable, he had his dad man a Stalker. ---- Does anybody except me look at the results of the Impba Nats time trials every year?? For most part, those are all heat racing set ups. I will be glad to answer specific questions, but, you know well I don't do "talk shows". ---- I don't have a big enough shovel.

Don

p.s. You also know, I consider Jeff's boat was stuck in second gear. Don

Roy

The DOG
Mr Ferrette

i think you just got schooled
Seems some don't know how to read ....... go back and try again. As I said twice now if anyone can make such a bold statement Mr. Pinkert can. Don drops his "catch phrases" ... so do I (some call it baiting) and from it another cool tale is shared from the man himself. Personally I enjoy Don's stories and hope he posts many, many more. :)

Eric Canto: "Don called that boat a pickle fork Daytona"

I agree with Eric - Pickle Daytona - here's a pic of Don with his. Second pic is the Coyote Daytona.

Joseph, I'll bet your boat looks like the one in the brochure. CHEERS !!! Bob
Terry, Howdy. You are quite right, but, why did you have to bring that race up? I still have nightmares. I thought I was having radio problems. 67 in one boat, 90 in the other. In that rough water, motor would suddenly go full throttle, scream by everybody, then go skyward. Problem was the community fuel tank had opened a seam. As long as I stayed about half throttle everything was fine, past that, the pipe pressure got to high and the seam opened. Instant lean out scream. Thanks, Terry, Don

Fun for all. Now let me tell all how I designed that Daytona Glass Pickleboat. ---- First, I built a wood 65 outrigger. Second, I made a piece of wood section (pickle) and glued it between the hull and sponson. Third, I cut the front boom out. Fourth, I put a strip around the deck for a shoe-box fit deck and made the deck mold. Then, ripped that off and made the bottom mold. If you look under the pickle section, you can still see the bulge where the rear boom was. NOW what do you have?? -- You have a Daytona 65 with the sponson attached to the hull with a thin glass web instead of aluminum booms. Well Duh!!!! -- The Daytonas are the fastest boats EVER. Nobody knows it because I haven't personally gone out in public and proven it. -- Which boat is the fastest, outrigger or pickle???? PICKLEBOAT. Why?? Because, the winged area packs more air and make the boat run cleaner. ------- Which boat held the water better?? Outrigger. My original intention for the outrigger was stability, NOT speed. I already had speed with my full hull boats.The original Top Gun sport 40, was a similar design concept. I told Gus, to take the templates for a Coyote 40, cut the hull sides off just ahead of the front boom, round it off for a pickle, build a wide hull and attach Coyote 40 front sponsons. Shazam!! Top Gun sport 40. ---- A hydro, is a hydro, is a hydro. No matter how the sponsons attach to the hull. ---- The skinnier the hulls get (modern design brilliance), the more the sponsons lay down. Don Pinckert

I think I remember you running this hull at the '90 Internats in Sarasota, is that right?

ps: Built one of your original 40 Gators about '76, my first rigger, thanks for the great intro to fast toy boats. :)

Mr Pinckert,

Are you saying that you have BOLDLY GONE WHERE NO ONE ELSE HAS in private???

That would have to be over 141 mph :blink: :huh: Just curious ;)

Don :)

Eric Canto
Eric, I appreciate that very much. Jeff, did the unthinkable, he had his dad man a Stalker. ---- Does anybody except me look at the results of the Impba Nats time trials every year?? For most part, those are all heat racing set ups. I will be glad to answer specific questions, but, you know well I don't do "talk shows". ---- I don't have a big enough shovel.

Don

p.s. You also know, I consider Jeff's boat was stuck in second gear. Don
Yep, Dad did man the stalker. (Man meaning held the stalker). Thats the single best advice I ever got from Don P. was to buy a stalker radar. The stalker lets you know real quick who not to listen to!!!!! That boat with a h-50 or cupped 1667 would run in the 90+ range. It ran 94mph with a h-50 and a v967. I actually never tried to make it any faster, at that speed it was a hand full to drive. Every time I gave the transmitter to someone else, in the 1st turn the boat looked like a kite getting wrapped around a tree limb! Stalkers today are like a standard piece of equipment for boaters today, hardly unthinkable anymore. Jeff L.

Dog how many times do you have to be told what you have is not a coyote daytona???????

Well I guess you really dont know what the hell you are talking about then. Because this is a Coyote Daytona Boat.

this shows you how much you know right. So here you go this is the Picture right out of my BOAT.

The DOG
So Mr Pinkert, what is the possibility of getting my hands on one of these signature series Coyote Daytona's like the DOG has?

Dog how many times do you have to be told what you have is not a coyote daytona???????

Well I guess you really dont know what the hell you are talking about then. Because this is a Coyote Daytona Boat.

this shows you how much you know right. So here you go this is the Picture right out of my BOAT.

The DOG
So Mr Pinkert, what is the possibility of getting my hands on one of these signature series Coyote Daytona's like the DOG has?

Send Don a PM

Dog

Back