• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

CRAPSHOOTER for sale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve wood

Late 90's 80 - 90 boat. This boat was originally Ron Van Wagnen's. We bought it about 5 yrs. ago and have been running it with 67 & 80 CMB Greenhead motors. It's a little wider, longer & heavier than the current 67/80 boats. Boat is painted neon orange & blue, with silver Crapshooter decals. The tub was stripped and repainted with Klasskote Indigo Blue this year. Sponsons & cowl were painted by Dean Werges last year. This boat is in excellent condition. It's straight and tru, with only a few paint chips. It's a rare find due to the limited supply.

Included with boat:

Walt Barney Tank

Custom Violett needle valve assembly

Drive Cable

Wood Shaft Oiler

3 Extra Sets Of Fronts (1 set, new style - 2 sets, old style - painted yellow)

2 Extra Cowl's (1 brand new - unpainted, 1 old style - blue)

1 Extra Pair Aluminum Sponson Inserts

2 Extra Rudder's with 1 Swivel

Extra Fiber Glass Sponson Tubnes & Material To Make More

Crapshooter Boat Stand

New Turn Fin (not shown in pics, but will be included)

No Motor Or Radio Included (but new or used CMB 80 motor can be added at extra cost)

Used M-8 Airtronics Radio Also Available

$1200.00 + Shipping in USA. I will have to ship in 2 boxes due to quantity of parts. I can e-mail pics on request. You can also call me or Chris for more info.

Steve - 319-752-4482

Chris - 319-750-0893

man guys.

nobody is interested??? wow you are missing out.. this boat has won to many races to count..

chris

Mr. Marquete,

Until you realize the value of what is offered, I think you would reconsider.

Stu,

I know the quality that goes in your boats and the handling of them are great as well and for some the value may be good but the boat is used and at the asking price I would tend to agree the price is a bit steep w/o an engine .

Recently one of your boats was on E-bay for sale and went for half the asking price of the one offered here and it had a engine with it and pcm radio.

Your boats are nice no doubt I have owned one yrs ago. but considering the market and whats selling it'll be tough to move at asking price.

Steve,

please don't get me wrong the boats are nice and I'm not knocking what you have for sale it's just a bit pricey w/o the engine included for the buying market.

an new boat is over that asking price.. that comes with one set of sponsons and a cowl.. you are getting more than that by far.. not only that a race proven winning boat.. not alot of people offer that..

go buy a new boat and price it with NEW equipment.. much more, i don't sell junk anyone that know's me know's that.. if you think it is to much don't buy it simple as that.. or if you think it is to much make me a offer..

chris

Last edited by a moderator:
an new boat is over that asking price.. that comes with one set of sponsons and a cowl.. you are getting more than that by far.. not only that a race proven winning boat.. not alot of people offer that..

go buy a new boat and price it with NEW equipment.. much more, i don't sell junk anyone that know's me know's that.. if you think it is to much don't buy it simple as that.. or if you think it is to much make me a offer..

chris
Chris and Steve's boats are top notch all teh way, they are very meticulous about there things, and there boats are just unreal. Very clean and perfect! Top notch all the way. Nice boats, and well worth the asking price.......

I probably should had never commented as you guys took what I said all wrong. I not once implied you are selling junk or own junk, I plainly stated that the market dictates what sells and doesn't and your asking price is not within the market out there for the majority. it by all means it may be worth 2x your asking price to a select few though. I know what equipment costs new as I have lately been buying more than really should be. I've bought boats used and had them built new so I know all too well what costs goes into them.

Advertise it on e-bay and see what bids you get? unless you get some guys to shill bid i highly doubt you'll see a 500.00 bid.

Now not saying it's only worth that some guys don't know the value of what is included but that tends to be the market on rtr hulls there.

example I picked up a twin 67 with 4 picco 67's a radio and servos all shipped to me for 400.00 sold it a yr later for 550.00 with 200.00 in props that didn't come with the boat when I bought it.

As for interest I'm always interested in buying a good boat but right now I would prefer a good twin 90

sorry for you guys taking my last post the wrong way and this one to if it ruffles any feathers just stating what i'm seeing in the market for buyers right now.

Yes, this is a lot of money for any finished hull but come on, its one of Stu's Crapshooters. The market is whatever it is but I bet someone will buy it. Ive seen this boat run a few months ago. With a good motor it will run with the best of em. Arguing the "worth" is pointless, cause its only worth what just ONE person will pay for it. Some may say its a lot, but where else can you get an immaculate race proven boat that people are willing to wait a year to get new and pay twice as much? Trust me, Stu & Chris & Steve arent offended, All they want is to see this hull get in to some good hands so it can continue its life on the water. Do you know anyone else who are selling a Crapshooter in near perfect condition that is race proven? Someone is going to buy this boat, and even if he paid twice the asking price, he would know its worth it the first time it hits the water and goes around the first turn. When it comes to these Crapshooters, you get what you pay for. If youve seen em run, youd know what Im talking about. Good luck with the sale Steve. Please sell to someone in Dist 4! :D

Larry Jr.

Stu was quite offended, polite but offended...

Sorry I started this... Open mouth, insert foot. ...

My comment was not intended to imply anything about the quality of anything being sold. I've had nothing but good experiences with the Woods.. It's obviously a very nice boat with tons of extras... Just too much for my buget.

Bye

chris
Looking at the pics it shows the attention to detail that I would expect to see in a boat from Steve or Chris as I use some of the products they sell, great stuff guys! With that being said it is still a used boat & is worth whatever someone is willing to pay (which is what I think "twinsrule" was trying to say but it got taken the wrong way). Anthony didn't "start" anything and Stu has no reason to be "offended" as Chris asked a question why nobody was biting on it & Anthony simply answered. We can sit here all day arguing what it's worth but the bottom line is it's worth whatever the market will bare and if Steve & Chris get $1,200 for it that's great for them. I'm sure we've all had and sold things we've felt were worth a given amount only to have to "adjust" for the market. It is what it is ....................

The only question I have is why would you sell it? Not running that class anymore? :blink:

chris
Looking at the pics it shows the attention to detail that I would expect to see in a boat from Steve or Chris as I use some of the products they sell, great stuff guys! With that being said it is still a used boat & is worth whatever someone is willing to pay (which is what I think "twinsrule" was trying to say but it got taken the wrong way). Anthony didn't "start" anything and Stu has no reason to be "offended" as Chris asked a question why nobody was biting on it & Anthony simply answered. We can sit here all day arguing what it's worth but the bottom line is it's worth whatever the market will bare and if Steve & Chris get $1,200 for it that's great for them. I'm sure we've all had and sold things we've felt were worth a given amount only to have to "adjust" for the market. It is what it is ....................

The only question I have is why would you sell it? Not running that class anymore? :blink:

don,

me and my dad for the last 5 yrs have always ended up running in the same class at the same races every year. ( regarding e & f hydro ) the only time that we get split up is at the internats.. so i already have another boat.. so dad is selling it and looking at getting into a 45 boat. that's all..

As stated earlier.. if somone want's to make a offer. pm. me.. if a motor is what is holding you back, again pm me we can fix you up.

chris

Late 90's 80 - 90 boat. This boat was originally Ron Van Wagnen's. We bought it about 5 yrs. ago and have been running it with 67 & 80 CMB Greenhead motors. It's a little wider, longer & heavier than the current 67/80 boats. Boat is painted neon orange & blue, with silver Crapshooter decals. The tub was stripped and repainted with Klasskote Indigo Blue this year. Sponsons & cowl were painted by Dean Werges last year. This boat is in excellent condition. It's straight and tru, with only a few paint chips. It's a rare find due to the limited supply.

Included with boat:

Walt Barney Tank

Custom Violett needle valve assembly

Drive Cable

Wood Shaft Oiler

3 Extra Sets Of Fronts (1 set, new style - 2 sets, old style - painted yellow)

2 Extra Cowl's (1 brand new - unpainted, 1 old style - blue)

1 Extra Pair Aluminum Sponson Inserts

2 Extra Rudder's with 1 Swivel

Extra Fiber Glass Sponson Tubnes & Material To Make More

Crapshooter Boat Stand

New Turn Fin (not shown in pics, but will be included)

No Motor Or Radio Included (but new or used CMB 80 motor can be added at extra cost)

Used M-8 Airtronics Radio Also Available

$1200.00 + Shipping in USA. I will have to ship in 2 boxes due to quantity of parts. I can e-mail pics on request. You can also call me or Chris for more info.

Steve - 319-752-4482

Chris - 319-750-0893
Yellow Sponsons???? Do you know where Ron got the boat?

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade here because most of you guys know more about this hobby than I ever will, and I've received tons of help from a lot of you... but I read posts on this forum all the time, and time after time I notice how one little comment about something, which had no intention of being negative about someone or something in any way, starts a whole bunch of whining and bickering. Can't we just let people have opinions and respect what they say rather than try to "shoot them down" all the time or take things waaay of out contex. A lot of guys on here complain about lack of new people joining the hobby and lost interest in the sport...I wonder why. All it takes is for someone to ask one little question that sparks a huge difference of opinion and everyone gets hot headed. It's a "HOBBY", and is supposed to be "FUN". This may be way off the topic of this post, but geez guyz, lighten up a bit and keep it a fun hobby, not turn it into more of business propositions and so forth. :rolleyes:

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade here because most of you guys know more about this hobby than I ever will, and I've received tons of help from a lot of you... but I read posts on this forum all the time, and time after time I notice how one little comment about something, which had no intention of being negative about someone or something in any way, starts a whole bunch of whining and bickering. Can't we just let people have opinions and respect what they say rather than try to "shoot them down" all the time or take things waaay of out contex. A lot of guys on here complain about lack of new people joining the hobby and lost interest in the sport...I wonder why. All it takes is for someone to ask one little question that sparks a huge difference of opinion and everyone gets hot headed. It's a "HOBBY", and is supposed to be "FUN". This may be way off the topic of this post, but geez guyz, lighten up a bit and keep it a fun hobby, not turn it into more of business propositions and so forth. :rolleyes:

Perfectly said!! ;)

Don :)

Hi Stu;

I was just wondering, I know a guy who had a very quick yellow Crapshooter a while back

:D

Everyone Else

This is one heck of a deal if I was not buried in current projects, I would be all over this deal. Although

I am starting to get "flush" a little here. :)

Norm

Back