9th Annual Batavia Race Aug 6th & 7th

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
**** guys !!!

This is the stupidest thing I have seen in a while.Here we sit in the hottest FE area in the nation and this is the only thing we have to talk about ??

I just dont get it.

Jeff you do what you and your club thinks is right.If you guys are happy with a dawn to dusk 2 day event rock on.Hell from what I hear if you had any more guys show up you would have to go 3 days anyways.

I have had the pleasure of being there a few times and it is a well run show.I havent been their lately just because of my schedual and quite frankly I have enough dang boats(did I say that?).

Now I have heard of some BS going on about some of the classes but you know what ? Like Tery said we have had our bloopers and bombs too.REMEMBER SMACKER BOX ?? Yeah that was mine.

Steve.BUBBY,SHWEATHART>What are you doin.This aint RR.You got no complainin to do here.I have been bustin my butt triing to get Jeff to come over the lake and see us and you gotta go and pull the big brass spoon outa the holster.

I dont know what in the hell happened and why you got such a big chip on your shoulder about all things NAMBA and please correct me if I am wrong but it certainly seems that way.But to go and attack these guys like this is just plain mean.NAMBA didnt make us big WE made NAMBA FE BIG.But that doesnt make us or IMPBA,BATAVIA RACING,or my favorite snctioning body,BUBBA any better or worse.

Tell me it aint true.You must atleast secretly love us.As you have always been more than willing to sponsor our cause.Guys lets work together on this.Lets not blow it over some stupid crap that happened along time ago.

Man this thread is just blowing my mind.Steve,Im just plain dissapointed in you man.Im gonna go in my garage and take down my little Steve Hill alter and the posters of you.I still have that first set of 2600s you sent me with your finger prints on it under the hand made dust cover.

Hug it up boys we are in the middle of what has started ou as the hottest racing saeson fe history.Jeff I have a chair reserved for you in my pit if you ever need it.

Dennis Whitt........Fe racer.

Owner U-8 Team Llumar

Ok,I tried to go to sleep and this thing is just bugging me.

Jeff,Count me in.Batavia is part of the Great Lakes Fe racing seen and I will be their to support it.

4 hours from my house,One night in a hotel,2 full days of racing back home by mid night sunday.T offshore is my weapon of choice at lunch.Whos with me ? Paul,Howard,Tery,Ken,Kelly ?Come on guys.Any Kanuks ?Wissconsin ?Minnasota I want a rematch !!!!!!

Jeff,If you need any help with raffle stuff or sponsorship [email protected]

This winter lets all sit back and talk about what a great FE season it was !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dennis Whitt said:
Ok,I tried to go to sleep and this thing is just bugging me.Jeff,Count me in.Batavia is part of the Great Lakes Fe racing seen and I will be their to support it.

4 hours from my house,One night in a hotel,2 full days of racing back home by mid night sunday.T offshore is my weapon of choice at lunch.Whos with me ? Paul,Howard,Tery,Ken,Kelly ?Come on guys.Any Kanuks ?Wissconsin ?Minnasota I want a rematch !!!!!!

104574[/snapback]

Way to go Dennis!

Who else is going to support Batavia?

haha

Ken, your right. Anybody that has the gonads to host a race (any race) has my respect. I didn't mean to imply that NAMBA was better than Batavia. Just that there were a lot of potential Batavia guests with boats setup based on the NAMBA classes.

My questioning the Batavia formula is extremely reserved compared to what I want to say.

In my defense, our little rag tag club has learned a little bit about how to provide a spectacle for the masses. In 6 years of hosting races the MMEU gang managed to put together a nice sized race. What's cool is no single person in the club can take credit for it. It was a group effort. And we're all still friends. LOL go figure

In Batavias defense, 500 entrees isn't for everyone. A host could keep the entrees manageable by not trying to cater to every potential racer. It's such a fine line. I guess our line of thinking is just different. Not sure if it's a NAMBA thing or more of an MMEU thing. Our "the more the merrier" approach to hosting a race is kind of twilight zone.

Dennis, smackerbox! LOL I still think that was a cool idea. Maybe if you had called it "battleboats" guys would have got into it.

Dennis Whitt said:
Ok,I tried to go to sleep and this thing is just bugging me.Jeff,Count me in.Batavia is part of the Great Lakes Fe racing seen and I will be their to support it.

104574[/snapback]

Alright Dennis!!!! Great to hear that you will be coming out! :D Hopefully your participation will prompt some others from the MMEU and CAFE gang to come out and play with us. :unsure:

Let's get em wet....

Ken :D

"N2 Sport Hydro with brushed only motors for example. What a drag that turned out to be. On BL they're an absolute riot."

What burshed motors were these?

thanks

Steve

Keep you mouth closed and people won't call me and tell about what your saying on the sidelines.

thanks

Steve

drobie said:
sjslhill said:
Doug has done a really good back door Clinton like job of trying to kill Batavia, I'll say it.  Now he has NAMBA to push his agenda.
That is so untrue. stupid and thoughtless that I'm at a loss of words. Suggesting change to the organizer is a far cry from "trying to kill" the event.

I'd love to go to Batavia, but there are a myriad of reasons it won't be happening this year. A darkly comic irony of your statement is that it would be more likely that going to Batavia could kill me given the situation I'm dealing with.

In my first post in this thread, I commented on a statement that was misleading and untrue, I didn't say anything about the rules nor did I comment on the race.

104552[/snapback]

Excellent.....

thanks

Steve

Dennis Whitt said:

104574[/snapback]

sjslhill said:

thanks

Steve

104614[/snapback]

We let guys do what ever they wanted as long as it was brushed. We saw everything from Chameleons to Hughey 10 turns. The results ranged from slow to melted end bells. If it was me running it I would have expected melted motors but it was guys you don't expect to see having those type of issues.

The most impressive I think was Kevin Whiteheads geared setup. Wow. Respectable to say the least.

I think everyone just got spoiled running brushless. No comms to turn. No brushes to check up on. No timing to get just right. Stay within the amp rating of the speedo and your okay. Usually.

BL is less work but I think that a Gearbox setup could be fast.

thanks

Steve

T.S.Davis said:
sjslhill said:

thanks

Steve

104614[/snapback]

We let guys do what ever they wanted as long as it was brushed. We saw everything from Chameleons to Hughey 10 turns. The results ranged from slow to melted end bells. If it was me running it I would have expected melted motors but it was guys you don't expect to see having those type of issues.

The most impressive I think was Kevin Whiteheads geared setup. Wow. Respectable to say the least.

I think everyone just got spoiled running brushless. No comms to turn. No brushes to check up on. No timing to get just right. Stay within the amp rating of the speedo and your okay. Usually.

104620[/snapback]

Jeff Sorry about the True offshore comment. I didn't mean to imply anything.

I am going to be on Vacation the week before. My wife might kill me if I go.

But then again she may want me out of the house after spending 8 days together.

Steve the N2 Sport motors were anything from 6l Hackers to 4200 lehners to 5200 lehners. Anything 4500 rpm and above. You have to remember. We already own brushlesh controllers so the cost is only in the motor. In the long run the Brushless is cheaper. 05 can motors get killed quickly the way we abuse them.

Just a thought or Comment.

NOW EVERBODY GROUP HUG ****-IT. THIS IS NOT THE RED BOARD. WE ARE CIVILIZED.

I feel better know.

Jeff,

I sincerely wish you the best towards your event.

I am really pleased to see that you went to 5 lap heats in some classes. It makes me think a bit more about the drive! I can't say that I can commit to your event but you do have me thinking.

Heck if Dennis is going I might have to also....just to balance out the personalities! :lol: Then you can deal with 2 more annoying.... :rolleyes:

sjslhill said:
"N2 Sport Hydro with brushed only motors for example. What a drag that turned out to be. On BL they're an absolute riot."

thanks

Steve

104614[/snapback]

I think N2 Sport was run at 2 race sites, for a total of 4 times in a 3 year span. The only folks who really got it together with the brushed motors in that time were Steve and Neil Reesor. Period.

Their past experience in running 05s (and their comm lathe :) ) gave them a huge advantage.

Almost every other racer who tried the class got nothing more than frustration out of it.

The switch to true N2 (open motor) did indeed bring the class to life. And a low-cost brushless system (Lehner Basic - Hacker controller), is cheaper than a pile of crispy 05s. :D

KW

I understand, it takes some knowledge to run 05's on a gearbox. I could run one 05 all season on 6 cells easily, but it takes some knowledge. Today's racers just drop in a BL like a turbine and that's that. Today's BL prices are good and getting better everyday and they are fast, no doubt.

thanks,

Steve

Kevin Whitehead said:
sjslhill said:

thanks

Steve

104614[/snapback]

I think N2 Sport was run at 2 race sites, for a total of 4 times in a 3 year span. The only folks who really got it together with the brushed motors in that time were Steve and Neil Reesor. Period.

Their past experience in running 05s (and their comm lathe :) ) gave them a huge advantage.

Almost every other racer who tried the class got nothing more than frustration out of it.

The switch to true N2 (open motor) did indeed bring the class to life. And a low-cost brushless system (Lehner Basic - Hacker controller), is cheaper than a pile of crispy 05s. :D

KW

104679[/snapback]

Nobody Listens to Charlie, but I will talk anyway.

I have always had a good time in Batavia and enjoy all the people. The classes are a little different so it takes some work but that is fun all in itself. This year I will not be going but will always keep it in my sites for the future. It comes down to there club doing what is best for them and thats cool with me. There is probably something to learn from in that fact but what do I know.

As for anyone making comments about Drobie. That pisses me off in a big way. This is a person who is very dedicated to this hobby and has the vision to see it for what it could be. I for one am very glad he and everyone else who has worked so hard to improve things has done so. We should be thanking these guys for there time and effort not telling them to keep there mouth shut.

Thanks

Charlie

MAFE

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. It's comforting to know that someone recognizes that working to have a consistent set of rules and classes across a variety of events is not the same as "trying to kill" a successful venue.

And that's not to say diversity is a bad thing either. Various races have their own personalities and that diversity should be celebrated.

Charlie,

What did you say.

Dennis,

Sounds Great! Keep me posted.

I hope you were able to sleep... lol

T.S.Davis,

Brushed motors are everybit as good as the BL tech on 6 to 8 cells, if you are Ed Hughey I will add 12 and 16 cells. Part of the problem is brush selection, spring selection and timing. If you mess up on any one of these 3 things then you probably will cook something. If you are melting the endbell you probably have all the force of the shaft thrusting into it from a DD setup. If it is setup right you should be easily be able to run a brushed motor all day running 1 practice and 3 rounds of racing, as long as it remains dry and the bearings lubed.

Howard,

You dare suggest such a demonstration race, get a bounty on it and say you cannot come because of your wife :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: ... lol... Its all good, I hope you can make it. Maybe turn on the music real loud in your workshop and sneak out the window.... lol

Alan,

It was time that we switched to 5 laps. We were considering going to the 1/8th but the site has issues with a bigger course. The boats would have had to handle like slotcars to get around the wall. I hope you can make it to keep Dennis on his toes and from falling off the wall....

Kevin,

What happened to you? Just because you switched to the darkside (brushless) does not give you the excuse to skip Batavia... :lol: I am confused if you are trying to set a record for most attendance or most missed Batavia events? Ok, enough leg pulling hope you can make it and maybe there will be another stick for your to rescue.....

Charlie,

Say it isnt so.... :(

All joking aside, it is always nice having you in Batavia, you have been a staple to our event. You have been one of the many personalities that I look forward seeing each year.

Whew...

Jeff

Glad to see things cooled offf and Yes Jeff I did get to sleep.I just had to change the candles in my Steve hill vigal and brush the saw dust off of his picture on my bench.Witch sits under my Andy Kunz dart board. Hehe.Luv yah Steve.

So Toffshore for lunch anyone ????? :D

Oh and who the hell is that Tommy Charms or what ever guy ??? ;)

Back