.90 "JAE"

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About the gen ace packs - I see the price has come down alot. I also saw a good review on them as well saying they were comparable to the hyperions. I may have to take a look at them after all. Thanks BD
:D

In order to get the JAE CG i had to put the 1527/1y back behind in the radio box area and the 8s 2p batterys half in front of the boom and half in the motor area. Put the sponsons on and check balance before you start mounting things.

Looking good!
Hello Jim, Have you run your JAE yet? Got any pictures? Which hull did you use?

It will close lol :lol:

theres 240 amps in for one esc all i need is 2 more packs up here and another pair in the radio box area and theres absolutely zero protruding above the tub side . The pair of batterys in the back will will likely balance every thing out. Many different form factors can fit under the deck with planning. That 480 amperes total worth or battery in the stock tub. 8 or 9 s is where ill likely run though; 4 4 s packs or 6 3s packs

Hugh

jae wit batts.JPG

Last edited:
In a 9s configuration I would be approaching 8 pounds. Heavier than a twin .45 im sure.

Hi David, I have been running my 8s rigger all season, about 60 runs including testing.

Stable as a rock, big problem has been props, keep bending blades, 7.5 hp will do that.

Have now gone to Stainless props, have to find the perfect one still.

About 3.5 sec.straights, 83 mph and high 12s to mid 13s laps so far.

I was trying 1.75 wide sponsons with 6.5 degrees to cut through the gas chop, but they are running way to deep in corners.

Just molded up some new ones at 2.75' wide I can cut to any angle.

How does 4 degrees sound? My front boom is adjustable so I can only lower it to 0 if nessary.

The tub is carbon fiber molded by me at 39" long and shaped like a aircraft fuse. No lift from the tub.

No pictures are availble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi David, I have been running my 8s rigger all season, about 60 runs including testing.

Stable as a rock, big problem has been props, keep bending blades, 7.5 hp will do that.

Have now gone to Stainless props, have to find the perfect one still.

About 3.5 sec.straights, 83 mph and high 12s to mid 13s laps so far.

I was trying 1.75 wide sponsons with 6.5 degrees to cut through the gas chop, but they are running way to deep in corners.

Just molded up some new ones at 2.75' wide I can cut to any angle.

How does 4 degrees sound? My front boom is adjustable so I can only lower it to 0 if nessary.

The tub is carbon fiber molded by me at 39" long and shaped like a aircraft fuse. No life from the tub.

No pictures are availble.
Jim are you running the 1527 1Y? I wanted that motor but I couldnt find two . What props are you running at 8 s?Amp draws? What would be curious is to take the peak amp draws you see with the eagle tree with the KT of the motor which is 1/kv and derive how much torque is being delivered at that 7.5 horsepower.

I dont really have the numbers to a 1717 but I just did a calculation based on a "dummy" motor of similar weight mass and size . I gave it the 1580 kv of a 1717 the ran numbers from there. On 6s I didnt really see anything it turned really well to go much over 65 mph without heating it up(spikes over 200 amps) and 80 watt soldering iron , but on 8 or 9 s an props in the 37-42 mm range y's x6's and 1600series all were in the mid and upper 90's. Calling myself smart the dummy motor is not a motor that will perform as good as a 1717 so the numbers are underated in my view.

It will be nice to see where im at with the datalogging. Should get me to a googd prop alot faster.

Last edited:
200 amps cont. in corners, 180s on straights from E.T.

Props depend very much on the boat and setup.

On my rigger, 6s2p = 1.8 pitch in 50 to 55mm range with a 1527/1y Swordfish 240amp 12s controller and Eagletree Datalogger.

8s2p = 1.4 to 1.6 in 50 to 55mm range.

YOUR MILEAGE WILL VARY

These are full tilt racing setups with quality componets!!!!

200 amps cont. in corners, 180s on straights from E.T.

Props depend very much on the boat and setup.

On my rigger, 6s2p = 1.8 pitch in 50 to 55mm range with a 1527/1y Swordfish 240amp 12s controller and Eagletree Datalogger.

8s2p = 1.4 to 1.6 in 50 to 55mm range.

YOUR MILEAGE WILL VARY

These are full tilt racing setups with quality componets!!!!
Hello Jim..No picture!?! would love to see it..to have an idea..... Best Regards ;)

with the lower kv 1250 and heavier wires the NEU can handle 200 continuous amps . Id be scared to try it with the castles. What is the max rated amp draw for the 1527 1y?

Jim youre demanding alot out of those motors; no problems so far? 6700 watts for a motor rated at 4500 watts. Wow they take alot of abuse then very underated motors.

Last edited:
Everyone knows that Neu motors are under rated...just see the specs of the neu 2230 and see what boaters are pushing from them!!i was pulling 5000 continuous watts from mine neu 1527 1,5d....no problem at all

Not everyone knew coz that is a healthy underating and I definately wasnt aware, but still what is the maximum effective amperage that motor likes to see? people love to slap on bigprops coz they can but that doesnt necessarily make for the best running. Continuous amperage draws of 200 or better seem awfully high to me especially if im trying to get longevity out of my equipment. Not that your not running good but how much of that wattage is waste if any? Just curious

hugh

JIM BD, come on now ; you guys are pulling .90 power out of 1527's? :huh: Yes I definately have to get my hands on some.

JIM BD, come on now ; you guys are pulling .90 power out of 1527's? :huh: Yes I definately have to get my hands on some.
Wattage waste is about 15 to 10%...considering motor efficiency.....

You must consider motor is watercolled, and motor runs 5mins...it´s diferent from a machine that works continuously in day work....

Regards

Yes...we are pulling .90 power out of 1527.......

Water cooling makes a big difference, motor is 125 degrees always after a race.

Nues are rated for AIR COOLED use.

I am getting 92 % efficient.

92 percent- not to bad at all Jim. I got to get my hands on a pair of those motors For a larger project.

Back