59" Cat with CMB 90

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Tattershall

I bought this boat for next to nothing and by God I got it started. The CMB 90 was newly rebuilt and needed to be broken-in. That being done now comes the tuning. That's where you all come in. I have swam out to retrieve boats in the past and hope this one will be different.

Attachments

• IMG_5817.jpeg
    IMG_5817.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5818.jpeg
    IMG_5818.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
Came he to learn, NO. 1 never swim to get a dead boat. Add a small hook to front sponson and bring a fishing pole. Now have fun. :cool:
No ****!!!
We have lost more weekend model Boaters to this one mistake than we care to talk about!!!
Never, I mean never, swim after a dead boat.
One man life raft, pool float, PFD.
Anything, but don't swim for a boat.

Nice looking boat Steve, and definitely no swimming for it. They're big boats with plenty of room inside. I have one just like it
That I'm setting up for gas. Enjoy, she ought to handle well.

Looks fun! I've got a big cat with a CMB 90 in it, mine is a 48" Orion from Prestwich Models.

Couple of bits on mine which you might need to do on yours (I don't mean any of this to come off as condescending, just sharing what I learned with setting up mine, thats all)

- Mine wouldn't turn with a 2 blade prop, 3 blade all the way
- Get some air intake on the front with vents on the back for it to exhaust. The 90s can get hot especially when run lean, so I'd recommend the airflow
- I'd recommend a Prestwich models tune pipe. They go so well with these CMBs
- I didn't put the fuel tanks far enough forward so I had to add some weight to the front of mine as the nose just wanted to go up in the air no matter what I did with the prop. With the tanks further forward it will sit more flat like a cat should and handling will be spot on.

I think thats it otherwise, enjoy it!

I would like to add to Rays and Ricks posts.

Having made my living designing model boats
Having to read the reports of the people have died using them..

IS AND CAN be hard to deal with.. so for those companies like the ones mentioned.. NEVER SWIM FOR YOU BOAT.. PLEASE!

Thank you

Grimracer

I had a purple head cmb 90 in my 42 seaducer years ago, I had the black cmb quiet pipe on it and it was an awesome pipe, almost as quiet as an electric and no power loss, I also has a low speed needle on the carb that helped out immensely, got that carb from sandy at tidewater years ago

Back