.90 "JAE"

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok a link for the carbon rods? I need a picture Of how the sponsons mount to the booms . Do the booms slide thru them. Does any one run any offset? What about adjustability of the front AoA? do i need to modify the rear boom mounts to accomplish this?

David, Where am I going to mount the rudder? in the middel of the props or on the right side of the props?

Hugh

And what about putting some pics..looking forward to it...i already have the plywood and the "roofmate"...just needin gtime to do it.......Crashed mine heli yesterday at almost 160mph..........Don´t know how it survived so well during the crash after, wide looping.....Have to divide time between the heli reconstruction and boat building :D

SEE! you should have been putting that cash in a castle or neu for that boat lol :lol: . Naw sorry to hear it. It hurts when a model goes down :( . Nothing spectacular to see; just a rectangular box, bulkheads,templates and such. lining everything up and hunting for a motor/motors for this project.

Last edited:
SEE! you should have been putting that cash in a castle or neu for that boat lol :lol: . Naw sorry to hear it. It hurts when a model goes down :( . Nothing spectacular to see; just a rectangular box, bulkheads,templates and such. lining everything up and hunting for a motor/motors for this project.
Either ways would like to see it...if you don´t mind of course...just to get the idea.. :D

Regards

jae twin.JPG

if you can get you hands on some 8mm shaft 1527 1 or 1.5 y's let me know. Id take another 1717 or some 15 series castles 1600kv's

Last edited:
Mr. Geraghty,

Sent Today, 02:53 AM

I just want to apologize for the disagreement. To me, things got way outta hand; if on no one elses but my part. To to you the fellas on the design team and the forum I sincerely apologize.I do plan to continue building the hull as I like the design and feel priveledged to have a chance at building the hull designed by your team. I felt compelled to write you and formally apologize for the cheap and smart remarks that I made to you sir.

In no way am I, or was I, attemping to redesign your boat.I will build the boat as the plan call for. Admittedly I know nothing about your design, and was stifled by something I had not seen before. I hope you accept my apology as it is sincere. I wanted to remove my remarks beacause I feel arguing is useless in a positive discussion. I hope that you can forgive me and continue to teach me, and us all more about the boat. In retrospect it was very stupid of me to challenge any person on a design belonging to them.

Sincerly,

Hugh Hargett

Im still waiting to see if my friend has two good 1527 1y's but ive already spent 600 on castle esc's so maybe I cannot afford them. If we cant work out a deal then im going to start with two 1717's and a pair of 1655's ,if i can get counterotating, or 455's any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Counter rotating 457's ordered now I want them cut to 55's and cupped. Huey flexes ordered alls left is two struts and a rudder. Oh and yeah the other 1717 or the 1527's.

Hugh

Heres the setup:

2 castle 1717 1580 kv motors

2 castle ice HV V2 200's

x457 counter rotating pair

Left and right lay huey cables NO WIRES!

photos pending as items arrive

still looking for suitable struts and a rudder/w dual pickups.

Last edited:
Heres the setup:

2 castle 1717 1580 kv motors

2 castle ice hv200's

x457 counter rotating pair

Left and right lay huey cables NO WIRES!

photos pending as items arrive

still looking for suitable struts and a rudder/w dual pickups.
Hugh the Zipp 21 struts work great on the 45 boat and 3/16 shafts. I am using one on the 45 size hydro with the 84 in it.

I may have a problem getting custom counter rotataing props maybe ill have to find someone to cnc a pair of customs. Seen Rogers Eagle? some serious AB screws on that thing.Without question the hottest FE rigger Ive seen.Too bad all Ive seen is a picture of the a@@. I guess it would be be like that on the water too lol. D@mn!

Last edited:
Jae assm 1.jpg Will use 3/16" dowels to line up the middle engine support and glue the sides of the tub to the bottom. Room will be tight with coolers.I didnt want to widen the hull even a little bit . I may gave to run without coolers and use fans and naca ducts to keep things cool.im aiming to be done with the tub tonight . And work on the sponsons thur. evening. Keep L :blink: :blink: king for progress .

Last edited:
Now Im doing something i hate doing - drawing on inventor. Typically ill just bend some metal and make a mount but I guess I may have one machined. I want motor rings for the 1717's which is abou 45mm but havent been able to find them.

BD youre a heli guy what do you know about the new PULSE PACKS?

David got you pm. Im going to attemp getting the cg right with the fe equipment installed in the nitro hull bulkheads and such,so that anyone with a nitro can make the conversion painlessly. The boat wont require as much battery as some may think . 6s is where im going to start . Two 6 s packs SNUGLY fit in between the rails of the tub,but I'm likely going to run 4 3s packs or look at some heli 6s packs (smaller dimensions) for the job.

I'll start on the sponsons and a deck today. Hopefully, by tonight, the basic tub and sponsons will be built.

Hugh

Last edited:
Back