.90 "JAE"

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Anthony. I think kevins a bit busy at this time. As soon as Kevin Gets back with me Ill send him the wood and let him cut the kit. I dont want to bug him if hes busy with work. Where can I get the booms for it? It will be FE.

Last edited:
Mr Geraghty Ive read some of the trip or not trip debate on the other thread. I can say that I think you and folks like Don are both correct in certain reguards. I believe in the physics of what you are saying . I also know Don and others have ALOT of heat racing experience .I find truth in both without disproving one another. I can also see plainly with my eyes that the jae design relies more heavily upon a correctly setup turnfin.Looking at the sponson design it seems you can add a slight bevel on the outside sponson without going away from your flat plane theory. I got kinda lost in the debate coz One argument seemed to be about the sponson attack profile and then the trip talk I thought was a sponson outside edge issue :huh: . I got lost in there somehow. This one here will be a twin saw most likely . Question: Will there be two skis for a twin Jae?

Im a true believer in physical theory, but we must always use it in conjuction with real word facts to get a better overall picture of the problem, or the solution.

Last edited:
Hi Hugh,

I am still waiting for a corrected file from David Hall. I will get in touch with him ASAP.

Man Ive been looking for you but I didnt want to bug ya to death. I need to figure a way to pakage the wood to ship it.

Are you in NC PM me where you live if you are close to Knoxville maybe we can work something out.

Cheers,

Kevin

Hey Kevin you get the revisions yet? Not trying to bug you . Get back when you can.

Mr. Geraghty, tell me what does an H style sponson do for the Jae?
Absolutely nothing for the performance of the boat.......

The "H" [Hall] style sponsons are a bit more difficult to build and definetly improve the eye appeal of the boat.....

Mr Geraghty, no offense, but why would one take more trouble to build something for the same results? I also read the trip not trip debate, so I decided to go out and look at a couple of things mentioned like: boom material. I went out and looked at some carbon fiber and aluminum stock that could be used for booms. This is what I found. No matter whether it was carbon fiber or aluminum, solid or tubular they all flexed simply by me applying a little pressure with my hands, so in the boat theyd flex much more. I understand weight considerations; but is it possible this boat may need something else for the booms? The Jae has a very wide footprint(longer booms) so it may need to consider an entirely different piece of material for the booms than traditional riggers. Please, no one come on here and tell me how they know the booms are not flexing. Thats bs coz unless youve measured it with some type of equipment you cant see it with a naked eye

Also do you plan any design modifications to secure the turnfin to the tub for rigidity? I looked at some of our Japanese comrades riggers (which are very fast) and they all seem to have some kind of anchor securing the turnfin to the tub.

For a boat so dependent on the turn fin it seems logical that that fin HAS to be robustly tied in to the body of the boat

Hugh

Last edited:
Rod Geraghty, are you abandoning your boat? or is it thats the design is pefect and doesnt merit conversation? Tell me about this boat.

Last edited:
Hugh, What boom tube sizes have you been looking at for your .90 sized JAE? The .45 JAE uses 5/16" solid carbon and I noticed that they get real expensive any larger. If I was to build a large JAE, I might look at larger diameter aluminum tubes. You could look into what the gas riggers use. I think they use mostly aluminum.

How about using an oval shaped tube? Might be stronger than a round tube...might even add a little aero...?

-Kent

Back