.90 "JAE"

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In order to get the JAE CG i had to put the 1527/1y back behind in the radio box area and the 8s 2p batterys half in front of the boom and half in the motor area. Put the sponsons on and check balance before you start mounting things.

Looking good!

Thanks ALOT Jim. Admittedly It would have come out better if I could have waited on Kevins laser kit simply because the toy tab increases the glue area(strength) and look alot better than triangles. To ensure a good fillet I made sure to see a squeeze bead of epoxy all around and let it set. I thinned some more 30 min epoxy and literally poured it in all the corners and joints and flowed the bead all over the boat, then let it set. Jim Im really stumped on what props I should be trying. :huh: Im going to work on the sponsons and skis today.I'm hopefull some more goodies will come in the mail today :)

Jim did you fell you really needed 2 p? I felt if I could supply 200 amps continuous from my batteries (4500 mah 45c) in that area; id be okay with the 1717.They should be able to mometarily burst 280 or so. Wats your take?

Last edited:
26.gifJAE SPONSON CORES.JPG

Vanilla wafers looking good!

I used 1/8 inch ply on both sides and ill skin it with 1/16th.

Last edited:
Now Im doing something i hate doing - drawing on inventor. Typically ill just bend some metal and make a mount but I guess I may have one machined. I want motor rings for the 1717's which is abou 45mm but havent been able to find them.

BD youre a heli guy what do you know about the new PULSE PACKS?

David got you pm. Im going to attemp getting the cg right with the fe equipment installed in the nitro hull bulkheads and such,so that anyone with a nitro can make the conversion painlessly. The boat wont require as much battery as some may think . 6s is where im going to start . Two 6 s packs SNUGLY fit in between the rails of the tub,but I'm likely going to run 4 3s packs or look at some heli 6s packs (smaller dimensions) for the job.

I'll start on the sponsons and a deck today. Hopefully, by tonight, the basic tub and sponsons will be built.

Hugh

Hello Hugh....

You hate drawing in inventor...i´m the opposite...it´s the best tool, for me at least in mine work, for drawing evrything i want...it´s an outstading software for 3D and mechanical simulation...Love it.... :D

I´m Not an Heli Guy...I´m a Boater guy, but that started one year ago flying with an heli....but mine passion has always been boats, and now heli..... period :D

Pulse packs reputation is like always, one has a good opinion, and other have a bada opinion...

I have tried Polyquest...ddn´t like it.....Zippy...didn´t like it.....Desire power..best lipos i havw owned..and now i´m with Gens Ace...Best Ratio Price quality..no questions asked....

Best Regards..... and i´m curious about the way your rigger is going to be...Like i told you....Can´t wait to start mine..

Hello Hugh

Beware, of your hardware, batteries and motor locations in order to get 40% at strut height.....From the pics i think you will have a too forward CG......Just mine 2 cents...

Best regards

Yes, I needed 2p, 283 amps on start up, 200 average and the battery last multible seasons not one season and SMOKE.

Im in contact with David hall, my ti-84, and some of the fastest rigger runners out there daily. Trust me. Its all good. Its all ways a good idea when doing a conversion to measure the weight of the nitro motors and full fuel cells to get an idea where things can go ;if not in the planned location. Motors and fuel all up front in a the nitro so why get crazy coz its FE? Im not cramming those oversised batteries in my boat. The right form factor will be chosen to avoid vast modification to the tubs bulkheads etc. Your boat will be another issue with a big 5692 and those huge cells( I think Gen Ace is a ripoff). The tub sides are not tall enough to cover a 5692,then those batteries all thats going up front based of your rendition. Where do you think your cg will fall? If 40 percent of the weight of the boat needs to be seen at the ski. You have to build the boat put everything in it as it will run then weigh it to get a total THEN start worrying about cg.

Note: you said you dont like turnigy batts,but the nanotech cells actually put out as good as the thunderpower ( some of the best cells out there) the full review I saw on the gen ace packs they did not deliver over a 100c as promised,so why buy a 160.00 3s pak that doesnt do what it promises? NO WAY! If youve noticed a true difference in the performance of your model by adding gen ace packs please share it with us all. I for myself would love someone to justify the high @ss cost.

BD by the time you finish making all the tub mods to hold your equipment along with the modification to the nose of the sponson it wont be a JAE anymore; Id rethink those big batteries for a smaller form factor. The new .90 plans may be a better JAE to build for that big motor.I got 12s lipo into a sport 20 hydro without any major mods and the cg is dead on and the boat was still barely over 5 pounds. 4 3s packs. One would have never got two 6s packs into that boat and have the cg right without alot of work.

Last edited:
Im in contact with David hall, my ti-84, and some of the fastest rigger runners out there daily. Trust me. Its all good. Its all ways a good idea when doing a conversion to measure the weight of the nitro motors and full fuel cells to get an idea where things can go ;if not in the planned location. Motors and fuel all up front in a the nitro so why get crazy coz its FE? Im not cramming those oversised batteries in my boat. The right form factor will be chosen to avoid vast modification to the tubs bulkheads etc. Your boat will be another issue with a big 5692 and those huge cells( I think Gen Ace is a ripoff). The tub sides are not tall enough to cover a 5692,then those batteries all thats going up front based of your rendition. Where do you think your cg will fall? If 40 percent of the weight of the boat needs to be seen at the ski. You have to build the boat put everything in it as it will run then weigh it to get a total THEN start worrying about cg.

Note: you said you dont like turnigy batts,but the nanotech cells actually put out better than the thunderpower ( some of the best cells out there) the full review I saw on the gen ace packs they did not deliver over a 100c as promised,so why buy a 160.00 3s pak that doesnt do what it promises? NO WAY! If youve noticed a true difference in the performance of your model by adding gen ace packs please share it with us all. I for myself would love someone to justify the high @ss cost.

BD by the time you finish making all the tub mods to hold your equipment along with the modification to the nose of the sponson it wont be a JAE anymore; Id rethink those big batteries for a smaller form factor. I got 12s lipo into a sport 20 hydro without any major mods and the cg is dead on.
Hello Hugh

If you see in the rendering, mine tub is taller in the batteries and motor area.....Batteries will be completely inclosed the tub, the motor,(the Back) will come off a little bit, but it will be absorved by the canopy....

I have 2 2S batteries in front of the "rear" tube sponson, and 2 6S batteries behind the "rear" tube sponson...after that i have 860gm 5692 leopard motor, puls receiver hardware direction servo and receiver battery...I guess it´s a good starting point , concerning CG point.....

But i will see...You are making a good..and clean work...expect to see more pics :D

Thanks but seriously tell me why you think the gen ace packs were worth it. Did you see a marked improvement? I would increase the tub sides the whole length of the boat coz if you have to much stuff going on in one particular aree(mot/batt) you will likely induce so unwanted downforce in that area. The tub profile in the plans is intentional. Without a wind tunnel how do you know how the amendments will affect the boat?

Thanks but seriously tell me why you think the gen ace packs were worth it. Did you see a marked improvement? I would increase the tub sides the whole length of the boat coz if you have to much stuff going on in one particular aree(mot/batt) you will likely induce so unwanted downforce in that area. The tub profile in the plans is intentional. Without a wind tunnel how do you know how the amendments will affect the boat?
I´m not telling you the GensAce packs are the best one...period...Just that they have the best Ratio Price/Quality......You might like the Nanotech cells...They are very good for 10 cycles..after that you are getting higher IR and higher voltage SAG...In Gensace..you have the opposite...After 10 cycles, you have lower IR and lower voltage sag...Been there..Done that, it´s not empyrical...it´s real data.. Period...

I say this, because i use eagle tree in boats and helis, so i have data to comprove mine statements.....

If you have money to afford thunderpower...go for it.... ;D

Regards

Thanks for the feedback. In field data means alot more. Have you seen anything in your data suggesting 125c delivery? If so id like to have a set myself.

Thanks for the feedback. In field data means alot more. Have you seen anything in your data suggesting 125c delivery? If so id like to have a set myself.
Never had anything that pulled 125c from mine 5300mah cells...that´s 663 amp.....and i never use lipo cells for powering 2 inch thick steel mig welder :D .....

Regards

BD,

I would imagine if you compare your other cells to them when you are pulling amperage there shouldnt be as great a drop on the seen voltage.At their clamed capacity they should be really solid on the voltage when you pull big amps.

Castle esc\'s.JPG26.gif

Last edited:
Back