.90 "JAE"

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put it on hold for a min Jim to work on some other boats I have made progress. will post some pice later this evening.

Hugh

I havent forgot this project I will return to it soon. i want to get my scale painted and on the water. Its the hardest thing to do in life. getting pinks for a circus boat. I suggest no one build one if getting paint is this hard.

Jim ill get back on the boat soon promise. i just need to get some other nick nacks out of the way. That dumas pak is almost finished go check it out to keep you guys fed for a day or two. Ill get back on this one soon. I know you saw my ss45; made me want to drop this boat flat on its back as im love 3 points better than riggers . They are total function no looks at all. Old boring retangular tubs -Anyway... I will finish the jae. I want some bb struts for it but mark is all out right now and i need to order the booms.Im slowing down alittle coz my car uses premium only 4 dollars a gallon. Its killing me and any modeling money period.

My scale has been sitting ready to paint for 6 months its crazy. I pay cash so i really dont know what the problem is but ive been asking for the colors for over a year on IW its crazy especially when you see circuses popping up all around you but know one knows anything about the paint. Guess its personal oh well. Ill keep plugging till I find 1. someone that likes green money or 2. someone that is really willing to help without any personal hangups.

Dumas doesnt even have the color samples. I refuse to buy high dollar paint for an electric when I do not need fuel proof paint. Ill run the beatch primered I dont care. Hell i cant even seem to buy the high dollar in proper amounts if I wanted to. Its a paint strike on me lol.

Last edited:
Finished the nose. Filled it with foam. I tested the "spray foam soaks up water" theory. The water I put on the foam was still there the next day so if it soaks up water it takes longer than a day to do, so Ill move on and deck the boat. Got anchors for the right sponson, so I can prepare the sponsons for drilling of the booms.

Jae front.JPGfoam block.JPGturn fin anchors.JPG

Last edited:
200 amps cont. in corners, 180s on straights from E.T.

Props depend very much on the boat and setup.

On my rigger, 6s2p = 1.8 pitch in 50 to 55mm range with a 1527/1y Swordfish 240amp 12s controller and Eagletree Datalogger.

8s2p = 1.4 to 1.6 in 50 to 55mm range.

YOUR MILEAGE WILL VARY

These are full tilt racing setups with quality componets!!!!
1.8 pitch-so Jim, are you running the chopper series or cleaver abc's 5518's

Last edited:
HEY JIM AND BD , LOOKS LIKE WE WILL HAVE SOME HOBBY KING INSPIRATION IN THIS JAE, SO I HAVE TO PUT MY FOOT IN MY MOUTH ON THAT ONE.I BROUGHT ANOTHER T600 1400KV OUTRUNNER ,SO TWO OF THOSE WILL BE MY POWER. IM NOT AT ALL DISSAPOINTED ABOUT IT EITHER.THE 1717'S HAVE FOUND HOMES IN MY PRATHER 40 AND SS45 .THESE ARE MUCH LIGHTER REQUIRE NO WATER COOLING AND HAVE PLENTY OF GRUNT.I MAY OFFSET THEM SO THE TWO MAGNETIC FIELDS DONT AFFECT ONE ANOTHER :eek: AND ALSO FASCILITATE BETTER TURNING, AS THE INSIDE WHEEL WILL HAVE A LONGER DRIVETRAIN THUS BE SLIGHTLY SLOWER.ITS ALSO BETTER TO CRASH ABND BURN A FEW 100$$ THAN A THOUSAND. I WILL DECK IT TODAY AND SET THE MOTOR MOUNTS.JIM ILL HAVE TO TRY THOSE CLEAVERS. 5218'S OR A LITTLE SMALLER SOUNDS LIKE A START.

New power:Jae twin power.JPG Weight and water cooling no longer an issue with this limited space. Look for some work tommorrow. These motor can pull some prop too! Ive seen datalogged reports on these peaking out as much as 5500 watts. thats some serious power.It chewed up the 452 in the mono on 6s so..... either way 700 grams for the pair and less than 80 dollars out my pocket. With my savings I can buy my neu for my ss45 YAAY :lol: .

Hugh

Last edited:
SCRATCH! IT all. It will be a nitro now. Got taunted back into nitro riggers so here I am :blink: . It started as a .90 thread. I guees I underestimated myself slightly on the ci's LOL can you see me now? Im coming. Ordered booms today and waiting for my bb strut to arrive . Now if Can get me a cdmi 1667 or 2716 ill be ready to roll.

........Im working on mine hope you are!

David Hall, are the tanks in the plan accurate to size. What tanks do I need to fit?

This thread will be replaced in the fe section by something even better something new something fresh. Thanks for watching lol, will start the jae as a new thread in the outrigger section look for it there. An FE'r went back to a nitro. Strickly for a race.

FE guys dont worry I got some serious food for you coming !

Keep L :eek: :eek: King

Hugh The Hotshot Hargett aka Troll King

hate to close the curtain bye lol :p

Know I will now. I cannot piece together a twin 101 Jae as I cant find the other 101 motor SO..... Ill go on and complete this as my twin then, and build a tru 101 JAE Single and possibly a JAE 90 single. Both as well as this will be up for grabs so keep your eyes open. All WIL BE FAST TRUST!

Ordering the boom tubes and "adjustable" z struts now. Keep L :blink: :blink: King.

HOTSHOT

I dont use cc's so i need some 3/8 boom rods from somebody? Help if you can.

David Hall just sent you a pm.

Over 4000 hits now Kris F. 7 instantly as soon as I posted that.

JIM I got the twin 1527's as well.

but in here im going to go with custom outrunners on 4030 frames.

I got another project for the twin nues 26.gif coming soon.

On here im going to try AB 455's cut down to 52 tongue and backcut not AB's recommendation for this boat theyre really for my other boat but im going to try them on here . Should be a good prop similar to your cleavers but not as much amperage im hoping we will see.

Hugh

Last edited:
4011 now KF! thanks for your support keep L :blink: :blink: king

Last edited:
New pics soon think Im going with a H-style sponson on mine too - Just some eye candy to go with the SK cowls.

SEAN KEWLEY

Last edited:
If one wanted to outdo me they would get up with Lee Ho and see if he would do (cnc) a set of sponsons in g10 like Ralphs RR's

Last edited:
Hello

Just to show some pics of the advance of mine 45 twim rigger adapted for electric...

I opted for the best visual H type sponsons...

20120409_171707.jpg

20120409_171803.jpg

check other pics in the album

Best Regards

Latest posts

Back