.90 "JAE"

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Hugh but unfortunetely the last pair of 3/8 rods was sold time ago to a friend for his Jae .45.....as you are in USA I think fellas can help you to get them.from ACP(aerospace composites).Honestly I don't know the final weight of my Jae 6S but will get this number and let you know soon .Actually the rear wings were added once I've ran SG/SGX's for years and no doubt they work to keep the transom low at high speeds so why not apply this theory to a simple Jae and even running hard on our last tests "she" ran on rails with no bad habbits or tendencies.We kept the same size and angle of the winglets on SGx 21.Gill

duh I was thinking 98 grams/28 grams.. Thanks for catching that Jim.

98/28 grams =3.5 ounces

98/16 oz.= 6.125 pounds

Last edited:
Ok this has been put on hold long enuf. Need to get the sponsons drilled and the cf booms ordered. I can prep and prime the hull in the meantime. Thinking on props any suggestions? The AB tcut/bcut 455's are my first choice. Im also looking at the cleavers im just wondering what diameter I should go with. With the motors Im running I should have almost twin .90 power at my disposal. Im also considering a custom rewind of the motors with mil spec bearings and 300 degree Celsius wire. Will post some tub progress tonight. Stay tuned!

Thanks Ken its been getting put on the backburner over and over again. Some distractions are purposeful :rolleyes: , no matter god willing we'll get em all done. Including this one. Beast? I dont know about that till it gets some water on it. I do expect it to have some speed, but 100mph aint like talking about it. Online Ive seen some really nice mods to the hull. Dont know without running it standard first what or that it needs any of them, but they sure look nice. Bd's is one to watch for too. I like the idea of a big 56 series single in this hull. Im crazy though, so I can conceptualize a twin with 2028's 45 to 50 inch tub.AB and I have swapped some ideas in an eagle hull.

My next big twin FE project will likely reside in an Eagle or RR.

Last edited:
Ordered aluminum booms. If aluminum booms are good enough for Julians RR theyre good enough for me!! Will sheet the skis tonight and post some photos.Andy Brown is doing the custom cut x455's I also think Ill send him a pair of CR 457's to widdle on.Hopefully I can get up with JA and play with some props on falls lake in durham/creedmoor NC. I hope this rigger does well :mellow: !

Hugh

Last edited:
Since the rudder didnt really have room to be mounted on the right side of the tub(facing from the rear), which is what I recommend ,I put it in the middle. It may not matter as some say, but it sucks there, as its too close to the props for my taste. Im moving it back from the transom another 1/2".New builders put it on the right of the tub where it makes sense out of the way of the props. Just my real world advice.

Hugh

Build Boats!

Hugh looks good just want to know if you will be using counter rotation to reduce the propwalk!.Years ago (2000) I built a sprint cat 90 with a pair of .90 Picco's and had to struggle to keep the boat running straight so following Jonh Finch advises I counter rotated the left motor and even with little difference in timing the boat was a pleasure to be driven.With a Fe rigger I suppose it will an easy task! I'm looking forward to see it rippin! Gill

For saw yes 2 lap no. The top two lap guy is running staggered props to aid in turning. I shouldnt give that away but I just did. Beautiful twin spintcat . What kind of speeds did you get out of her?

Last edited:
hugh i dont run staggered for heat or for 2 lap ovals.. give it a try you might be supprised my friend

Are you sure Julian??? :lol: LOL! DONT RUN STAGGERED PROPS GIL!!!! Guess I dont know what the heck Im talking about :wacko: . All I can say is run and test your boat Gil that will tell you whats best for your setup.Ive seen some setups with staggered props dont know how well they worked <_< . @ 1400kv an 8 s lipo I have no idea what props will work. It will take testing. X series and 16 series is what has been recommended to me by the JAE team. What diameter I have no idea. The cleavers are a more consistent cast but the x series have alot of potential in the right hands. Under the advice of Jim Allen to properly test one prop I may need 3 or 4 sets, mapping, and alot of gauging.Datalogging is such a help in these areas :) . At a nominal voltage of 3.7/cell unloaded im looking around 41,440

rpm. What ill be looking for is the most pitch/diameter I can run toward the upper limits of my rpm range. Other than that I really dont know ^_^ . I would imagine somewhere in the 50-57mm range with 1.4-1.6 or more A.R.

Build Boats!

HUGH

Last edited:
Are you sure Julian??? :lol: LOL! DONT RUN STAGGERED PROPS GIL!!!! Guess I dont know what the heck Im talking about :wacko: . All I can say is run and test your boat Gil that will tell you whats best for your setup.

Build Boats!
hugh my friend my props are the same diameter, Pitch,Cup and they are set on the boat exactly the same parallel.. thats just me but there might be other people that do.. i used to run 1 prop bigger than the other but i quit doing that when i got my 101 RS Twin.. but you are right tho some people do..

Miissing my boats!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing to note Gil is that a JAE and a RR are nothing a like so you really have to test YOUR boat and props to know whats right.Good advice from both JA and AB.Advice Im taken!!!!! Sorry fellas Im building boats talk to you later.

GIL,OUR VERSION JAES ARE DIFFERENT TOO!

Hugh

Last edited:
Back