46" Gas F1 tunnel build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And my partner thought it was hight amusing to vid me in me dingy recovering it after it ran out of fuel LOL

I did try another prop 7016/3 but kept cutting out for some reason and still think theres some more in the engine just gotta figure the best way forward to extract it

Keep testing and eventually you will find that combo that works for you and your boat. Looks like it is getting faster every time, patience and time is all you need.

Beau

I will beau

Going again tomorrow to try some more and see if what else i can squeeze out of it LOL,ill get some more vids anyways

more runs from today,bit windier than previous runs but all good fun

Made yet some more mods and changes and is getting there now

Finally you let her scream, looks good looks like more fun running all out!!! Looks stable and straight like a tunnel should be. With some more testing she will only get faster :D .

Beau

Hi beau,thanks

Certainly more fun for sure,im really happy with how shes handles and flies,just need more confidence in my driving skills LOL,but im getting used to the pistol grip now so abit more time running with it i should be OK

Not sure how much faster or more setting up i can,maybe a little tweak on the carb settings but everything else seems good,not sure how faster it will go also looking at a couple of different props,maybe shorten the pipe abit more

either way ill keep trying to make steps forward

Might be time to mod some props Daz and screw that needle in. Looks great, and must be some joy knowing that it was self built! Congrats to you!!

Thanks dion

dont know about props never done it before and wouldnt know where to start LOL

as you know its took alot of work and along time to build but when it performs like that and and still not 100% im pretty happy with it so far

cant wait till the next run LOL

Hi beau,thanks

Certainly more fun for sure,im really happy with how shes handles and flies,just need more confidence in my driving skills LOL,but im getting used to the pistol grip now so abit more time running with it i should be OK

Not sure how much faster or more setting up i can,maybe a little tweak on the carb settings but everything else seems good,not sure how faster it will go also looking at a couple of different props,maybe shorten the pipe abit more

either way ill keep trying to make steps forward
almost 10min runtime dang right that was fun. Looks great Daz and I see some more mph as soon as you do away with that hop and get the cg just right. Like always super build ;)

Hugh

Last edited:
Cheers Hugh

the porpoising not as bad now with the modded rudder, but if you notice towards the end theres hardly any hopping cause the fuel is low,need to move the fuel bag back abit more but its pretty stable overall

still think theres more speed in there hehe

You might have to get in touch with Latiff on that one, I have been meaning send him an email to do the same- his tunnels fly!!!

What mods did you do to the rudder?

Sounds like the engine has also loosened up a bit now, sounds good and I love that rooster tail hanging off the back, you will have to take a good camera out to get some action shots!

Do you run an iv bag up front for ballast or not needed for this hull?

Hi Dion

I noticed that the rudder has slight neg angle so i cut and reprofiled the rudder leading edge and also gave it pos angle and has made a difference

the engine running better now bit too rich as the plug is slighty black rather than light brown,shes got a good rooster and can tell alot from it aswell,nice high rooster to start with but watch carefully its gets smaller/lower as you get through the rev range which means you getting more efficient thrust from the prop and unloading

Theres no extra weight added at all doesnt need it,it loves to keep its nose up,i designed the hull to fly at 10* angle to the water,which it does and when enter the turn you loose abit of lift from the prop hence why the nose stays up but she flies well,iv gotta move the fuel bag back alittle that should reduce the porpoising more,but im looking at on the next build doing some reconfiguration to solve this

Its all progress and learning but for my 1st Gas build im happy hehe

How you getting on with your tunnel any joy finding bigger water

Today would be a good day to get on the water but my partner is off diving so will give the gas hull a miss today. I found some 20% nitro in the shed so may get the 7.5 out for a run. The fuels not the best, but is better than nothing.

Still have not gained access to any bigger dams locally but will keep looking.

Cheers

Dion

Cheers Hugh

the porpoising not as bad now with the modded rudder, but if you notice towards the end theres hardly any hopping cause the fuel is low,need to move the fuel bag back abit more but its pretty stable overall

still think theres more speed in there hehe
Oh yes theres definately more speed there. Really really nice build daz . Hope to see more of your other tunnels On IW too

Thanks Hugh

Funny that im hopefully starting a new build soon,completely different looks to this 1,in fact on the drawing its better looking i think and havnt seen another 1 like it not even in full scale

But im thinking about molding this 1 at the minute as iv had abit of interest but not i wont start it until im happy with testing and got its full potential out it

More to come for sure from myself in good time and will keep you posted with build progress

Rgds Daz

DAZ MOST DEFINATELY MAKE IT AVAILABLE TO THE FELLAS. YOU DESIGN NICE HULLS.THE MONEY WILL ONLY FINANCE NEW ENDEAVORS. WHY WOULDNT YOU DO IT? I KNOW YOUR A PERFECTIONIST BUT ALLS LEFT HERE IS CG AND ENGINE TUNING.IT'S RIGHT NOW! LOL ONLY THING ID LIKE TO SEE IS A BIG LAWLESS AND A BIG NEU OR OUTRUNNER ON THERE.KILL THE ENGINE TUNING WOES ONCE AND FOR ALL.ADMITTEDLY THE GAS IS RUNNING GREAT THOUGH.

HUGH

LOL and thanks for compliments

Just need to figure out a way to take mold of it,especially with the nose design.

Wasnt planning to do anything as honestly i wasnt expecting it to be as good as it is doing now,was more of fun build to see if i could build a scaled version of the electric 1 and for my own use as i wanted to build a gas versionfrom when i started just kept putting it off till i bit the bullet and started this 1

For OB would need slight reconfiguration as the prop would be to far from the sponson edge and a better radio box for electric use,easier to seal

Iv been naughty aswell and ordered new 1mm stroker crank,as from what iv been informed the K30 needs the crank to get the most out off it due to the porting and longer skirt on the piston,but iv gotta get some other parts 1st before i start the mods for more power LOL

Just an update

moved the fuel bag back this should reduce/stop the porpoising ,there was also 13mm of header in the exhaust cone so cut this aswell,fitted a EZE pull starter much better an easier to start

All my parts have now arrived ready for when i decide to do a rebuild,but trying to find some1 who can mod a cylinder top for me as i dont feel confident enough to do it myself LOL

Also starting work on another 4 projects but will post pics when i have something to show, so really busy at mo and excited at the same time hehe

Will be taking this F1 for run this week and do some fine tuning now its had a good running in period so hopefully see some more improvements,will post some vids

Rgds Daz

DSC01867.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys been awhile,been busy with new builds etc

Now the weather picked up aswell decided to do a couple of mods on the K30RZ,iv added EZ pullstarter and 15mm bigbore carb but had to do a mod to get it on,this carb i got has got internal pulseline so saved me stripping the engine down to drill and tap the crankcase, been very lucky just fits under the canopy

Hoping to run it again this week at some point and see how it performs and try and get it tuned properly and GPS it

DSC01932.jpg

DSC01931.jpg

DSC01930.jpg

DSC01933.jpg

Latest posts

Back