46" Gas F1 tunnel build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darren,

Turn both needles all the way in. Back out the high needle one full turn and the low needle two full turns. Thats a great starting point on those carbs.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi ron already tried it and still the same,iv tried loads of different things still no joy,i even raised the prop alot to see if that would help nothing still no good,iv ordered some smaller props so just waiting on them to turn up,iv checked everything over and over again and everything is as it should be so doesnt make sense

But talking to a guy last nite said he had same trouble with his new zen7 till it loosened up abit now he has no trouble.

theres a couple of other sugestions i can try but waiting for the new props 1st and see if that makes any difference

Cheers Hugh

she sits nice and looks well balanced,but how far out is the cg once in flight,if i ever get this problem figured out LOL

Darren,

Start with 28% COG and 65mm props like a 265 or X465. That engine should turn no problem. Check your pipe distance as well and start 13" measured from line between header mounting flange on engine and header to maximum diameter point of pipe. On that boat just start with bottom of prop hub 1/8" above bottom of boat. High end 1 turn out, low 2 turns out. See where that gets you. If that doesn't get you making laps you have something wrong. Good luck.

Hi ron

thanks,appreciate it

the CG is at 30% at mo the exhaust is set to where joe @ zippkits recomends 13.5" but i can shorten it more the carb is already set on on those settings

the smaller prop turned up today is 6717/3 as recomended,but iv ordered another couple of 2 blade props and 1 more 3 blade

Im hoping to try again in the next day or 2 and hopefully better results and try and get some vids of it

fingers crossed

Well while the weather been crappy i managed to source an old golf trolley and modded it to suit the F1 saves carrying it and risking it getting damaged but also acts as a workstand aswell while at the side of the pond

DSC01778.jpg

DSC01779.jpg

DSC01781.jpg

Even folds up nicely while the boat instorage aswell

DSC01780.jpg

Darren,

I have never seen anyone do this before. I noticed at the Winternats that many boaters had tried a lot of things to use to transport their boats for the hike to the pit area. Most used wagons. This would be lighter and would take up less room. Great idea............ :)

Thanks ron

i should patent it LOL,im only kidding

My dad plays golf and while at his i thought that would be an excellent trolley with some mods hehe so i picked 1 up nice and cheap of ebay the rest you can see

Only took me all of 3hrs to mod it and cost nothing to do

Hey guys manged to get out and run the F1 again

Changed prop to 6717/3 and made some adjustments on the carb and finally mangaged to get some vid footage of the run but unfortunetly cut short from lost rudder pin.

but all in all not a bad run and still need to break the engine in and some tweaking but at least iv made a step in the right direction

need to make some other changes so i can do them while sourcing a new pin for the rudder

Hey dion

Yep finally got there and running better now with more to come

Roll on tomorrow and ill take it for another run and hopefully make some improvements and open it up abit more :D

Come on man open that ***** up and let her fly, she is eventually going to get mad at you! Looks good and seems to run well at the moment.

Thanks Beau

going again tomorrow so hopefully no problems and can open it up and get some decent vid of it and do some more setting up ;)

Hi Daz,

Did you manage to get out again? I hope to get out tomorrow, going to try out a 6518 and an H32, will have to work on the latter today. Ran out of nitro fuel so it's back to gas now.

Hi dion

Wasnt able to get out,got problem with car hopefully sort it today once the parts turn up

as soon as i can go ill be at the pool as iv also got the orange & white F1 ready aswell now and batts are charged ready

so playing the waiting again :(

Hi guys

Managed to get another run today with some more improvements made so still moving forward,not a 100% but getting there slowly and pretty happy so far

Jobdone took the plug out pulled it over a few times cleaned the water out the carb and dried all the inside of the hull out,put it back together took it out side connected it upto the hose pipe and fired 3rd pull,turned the tickover up little let it warm up and adjusted the Low on the carb till it ran smoother as it was pulsing,noticed this also the last couple of times while running it,bit too rich i think turned it off let it cool down for awhile and restarted it 1st pull it fired up from stone cold

Checked all the hull over no damage,regreased the flexi aswell while at it.

So hopefully now should run a bit better,find out soon enough

Back