Wow! Prices.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the Biden administration is doing is very simple:
  • forcing manufacturing businesses to go overseas, usually to China(earning the money and gifts paid through Hunter)
  • forcing oil to be imported from overseas(Russia, Saudi Arabia, Iran and Venezuela sound familiar?)
  • killing the US fossil fuel industry(as promised in his campaign)
  • killing the US transportation industry(any vehicle or aircraft that requires fossil fuels to operate will be eventually shut down at the cost of MILLIONS OF JOBS when all airlines, Boeing, all the US automakers, Amazon, cruise & shipping lines and all the trucking companies can't afford to operate and trains go back to burning wood instead of diesel fuel)
  • promoting crime and minimizing repercussions there of
    [

• Holy straight jackets Batman..you are delusional. 2/3 of US manufacturing left under Reagan. One of the goals of Reaganomics was to destroy labor union power and reduce wages. Oil production and oil prices is all based on the global market not a US only market. When it is said the US is the biggest producer of oil, what that means is US corporations worldwide, are the biggest producers of oil in most every country. And they and OPEC and speculators set the prices, not Biden. You really should turn off FOX and start reading some books....your brain washed and manipulated. Private property capitalism rules the day, and always has.

Kyle,

Wrong. 2/3 of UNION manufacturing left or closed up shop under Reagan. The non-union facilities thrived, as did the workers working for them. We were still riding on Reagan's policy coattails when I started my career in MFG in the early '90s.

You are correct. Biden doesn't set the prices. But he DOES set the tone and direct policy craft. And when he campaigned on, asked for legislation for, signed EOs and made good on the promise of working to destroy US energy industries, those markets react. He gets to wear that. There is a reason fuel costs began literally climbing the day the 2020 election went sideways. As soon as the bloodbath of the midterms comes to pass, and the Biden administration and the progressive Left are stripped of their whiney voices in congress, energy prices will begin to subside. But we will be quite some time repairing the damage of the stagflation the Left has imposed on us, with more than a 30% increase in cash in our economy over the last two years. That is MASSIVE.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros
Model Machine and Precision LLC

That's pretty hilarious considering our net imports on oil and petroleum products are lower (as of Dec. 2021, the latest data available) than they were at any time during the Trump presidency, but okay, just keep repeating the narrative. Seriously, this data is available, do some research!

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=pet&s=mttntus2&f=m
Candidates say a lot of things during their campaigns, don't believe most of it.
Your right! People don't want to do the research and believe everything from Fox News. I am so ******* tired of Biden getting the blame for everything while Trump being a piece of **** being looked at as our savior! People have a warped perception.

Kyle,

Wrong. 2/3 of UNION manufacturing left or closed up shop under Reagan. The non-union facilities thrived, as did the workers working for them. We were still riding on Reagan's policy coattails when I started my career in MFG in the early '90s.

You are correct. Biden doesn't set the prices. But he DOES set the tone and direct policy craft. And when he campaigned on, asked for legislation for, signed EOs and made good on the promise of working to destroy US energy industries, those markets react. He gets to wear that. There is a reason fuel costs began literally climbing the day the 2020 election went sideways. As soon as the bloodbath of the midterms comes to pass, and the Biden administration and the progressive Left are stripped of their whiney voices in congress, energy prices will begin to subside. But we will be quite some time repairing the damage of the stagflation the Left has imposed on us, with more than a 30% increase in cash in our economy over the last two years. That is MASSIVE.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros
Amazing how you blame the left for everything when it is a fact that we have had the best economies under democratic presidents ever since the 50's. The best was under Clinton! All the data it out there all you have to do is read.

Reagan and Bush, there is 2 republicans that screwed up the United States!

Last edited:
Kyle,

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros
WTF does this even mean But he DOES set the tone and direct policy craft ?

It means that Joe Biden and his administration have done everything they can to destroy the fossil fuel industry in the US and have taken steps to do so in Canada. That has directly affected the cost of oil in the world and has run the prices of oil up to over $100 per barrel. They are pushing electric cars that will need batteries, something that will probably come from China. In doing so, however, they are forgetting that those same batteries need to be charged and that will require electricity that has to be generated somehow. In the eastern US, that is primarily coal or LPG fired power plants, using the same fuels the Biden administration is trying to destroy. That means three other options:
  • wind power, something that failed miserably in Texas
  • solar power, something else that failed miserably in Texas
  • nuclear power, something most environmentalists will oppose since it involves radiation and would cost hundreds of millions of dollars for each reactor site

We are calling people idiots now for political disagreements? Keeping it classy I see.

It amazes me how some on here keep demanding “proof” while having an excuses (like, “I don’t trust it!”) for any actual data presented. Oddly they are also the ones only arguing with narratives.

This conversation is going nowhere.

Amazing how you blame the left for everything when it is a fact that we have had the best economies under democratic presidents ever since the 50's. The best was under Clinton! All the data it out there all you have to do is read.

Reagan and Bush, there is 2 republicans that screwed up the United States!

This is factually false. The surplus we enjoyed under Clinton was a direct result of Reagan's economic policy, advised primarily by one Mr. Milton Friedman. Bush41 rode on Reagan's coattails. Bush43, however, and his economic advisors, guided the US to one of the most rapid recoveries from an economic downturn in the history of the country. Within a year of the events of 9/11, the country was back to buying MFG machine tools at a rate equal to or exceeding the rate prior. Clinton commissioned the legislation that drove us straight to the housing crash of '07. Widely heralded as one of the great progressive Leftists, FDR and his economic policy prolonged the Great Depression by an estimated six years. More recently, we coined the term "stagflation" and "misery index" under the Carter administration. To date, Biden is the ONLY president to have presided over higher inflation than we saw under Carter, and we are ALL paying that bill.

This is 8th grade civics. The POTUS nominates personnel and directs them to craft policy, and nothing becomes law without the president's pen. Speaking specifically to the topic at hand.... On his very first day in office, Joe Biden signed an executive order to cease construction of the Keystone XL, signaling the war on energy was back on, immediately triggering the escalation in fuel costs we've seen since. He also directed the further watering down of our currency with several trillions in unbacked welfare cash, making the cash already in our pockets even less valuable than the Left had already done in the previous year.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros

We are calling people idiots now for political disagreements? Keeping it classy I see.

It amazes me how some on here keep demanding “proof” while having an excuses (like, “I don’t trust it!”) for any actual data presented. Oddly they are also the ones only arguing with narratives.

This conversation is going nowhere.
JR,

While two wrongs don't make a right.....

You're obviously not keeping score in the "calling people idiots for political disagreements" race.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros

Last edited:
Hydro Junkie

I just did a search on world oil production and it seems the US produces about 20 percent of the worlds oil. Could you please explain how President Biden, the democrats or the USA can control the price of oil when the rest of the world controls 80 percent.

Also if the voters on the right have such brilliant ideas of how to make America great again, why are they trying so hard to suppress the vote.

Please try to dazzle me with brilliance instead of........

Thanks

As far as oil prices, it's actually very simple. When Trump was president, the US produced an amount of oil. When Biden took over, he changed the rules, added fees and taxes to the produced oil and forced the oil companies to reduce the amount being pumped. That, in turn, reduced the available supply and increased the prices. After the prices started to rise, Biden blamed the increasing prices on Trump, then the oil companies and, most recently Putin. He's even gone so far as to beg Iran, Saudi Arabia, Russia(until forced to back down due to the invasion of Ukraine) and Venezuela to pump more oil to make up the difference of what the US isn't producing.
When it comes to voting laws, you've been watching too much CNN. What the right is doing amounts to only two things:
  • restoring the election laws to what they were pre-pandemic.
  • requiring anyone that votes to provide a valid ID, be it a state issued driver's license, ID card, military ID or whatever else the laws allow.
When you go back and look at what happened in several states, laws were changed illegally under the guise of helping to make voting easier with the lock downs and pandemic restrictions. In Pennsylvania, for example, the state Supreme Court changed laws just prior to the election, something not allowed by the Constitution. The Constitution specifically says THE STATE LEGISLATURES will control all election laws and that's what several states legislatures are restoring. You want to look at voter suppression, look at Delaware. That state has some of the most restrictive laws in the country, and yet the mainstream media is claiming Georgia and Texas are suppressing the voters by requiring a legal ID? You want to know how Biden won the election, check out the results of the Arizona audit. There were thousands of dead people, people that supposedly voted more than once or moved out of the precinct a ballot was cast in and many other issues that were found. I'm sure you've seen the video where the people that were watching the counting were told to leave since the counting was done for the day, only to have several people pull additional ballots out from under a table and run them through the counting machines several times. I believe that was in Georgia.
The left is also trying to use illegal immigrants to sway the votes. It is pretty well documented everywhere, except on the mainstream media, that the border crisis was manufactured by the left. It was also stated, by Biden, that he wants to give anyone that is in the country illegally "amnesty", meaning a green card that will allow them to get jobs and undercut those in the country legally because they will take less pay. The next step would be citizenship and then the right to vote. The left thinks that, since it was under a democratic president that all of these people were let into the country, that they will all vote democrat and keep the left in power indefinitely. As far as I'm concerned, anyone here illegally, when they try to get a job or a driver's license, should be jailed and deported as quickly as possible.

Hydro Junkie

I just did a search on world oil production and it seems the US produces about 20 percent of the worlds oil. Could you please explain how President Biden, the democrats or the USA can control the price of oil when the rest of the world controls 80 percent.

Also if the voters on the right have such brilliant ideas of how to make America great again, why are they trying so hard to suppress the vote.

Please try to dazzle me with brilliance instead of........

Thanks
Jim,

As far as oil prices, it's actually much simpler than Mark suggests. Consumers dictate prices. The end. This is basic 8th grade economics. The US is the world's largest consumer of oil in all its forms. That puts the US in firm control over oil prices. When the US is energy independent, as we were two years ago, that gives us much greater leverage against the global suppliers. Being able to walk away from the table, and NOT buy oil, as many other countries cannot do, gives us tremendous leverage. Biden surrendered that leverage when he cancelled the XL, signaling the US dependence upon foreign oil would escalate, and prices began to climb.

As for voting rights...

Mark pretty well nailed this. Nobody is trying to suppress any votes except those who shouldn't be allowed to vote. Period. Cleaning up voter rolls is not suppressing votes, unless we want dead people, or those no longer living in those districts, voting. Eliminating voting stations where voter roll tallies indicate fewer machines are needed is actually better representing voter rolls that have expanded. The reality is that the measures that the Right has taken in the voter access realm have actually made voting easier for those legally allowed to vote, and harder for those who are not. This shouldn't be a partisan issue at all, unless cheating is the goal. In 2020, we saw considerably more votes cast than actual legally registered voters existed (more than has ever occurred), which means that that goal was achieved.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros

Last edited:
Okay Brad, are you saying I overcomplicated the part on the price of oil? I thought I had it pretty much nailed down

Mark

The republican governor of Arizona said in a report his office did that fraud did not play a role in the Arizona presidential election results. He did say that some procedures might need to be looked at avoid the possibility of problems in the future Prove me wrong

Brad

I may not be as smart as Mark but I guarantee you if consumers dictated the price of gas, it would be closer to 5 cents than $5.

Could you guide me to some information to show that more votes were cast than there were registered voters

Thanks

Mark

The republican governor of Arizona said in a report his office did that fraud did not play a role in the Arizona presidential election results. He did say that some procedures might need to be looked at avoid the possibility of problems in the future Prove me wrong

Brad

I may not be as smart as Mark but I guarantee you if consumers dictated the price of gas, it would be closer to 5 cents than $5.

Could you guide me to some information to show that more votes were cast than there were registered voters

Thanks
Jim,

If a commodity is on the shelf for more than consumers are willing to pay, it sits on the shelf. If there is no supplier that can offer a commodity for a price consumers will pay, it never makes it to the shelves. Having control doesn't mean total control. There is always a negotiation. Again...This is rudimentary economics.

I've read several reports detailing that more votes were cast than there were registered voters. It's happened several times in the past. They've just always been "within the margin of error". Funny, though, how it's always leaning toward the Democrat's favor, that "margin of error".....

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros

Okay Brad, are you saying I overcomplicated the part on the price of oil? I thought I had it pretty much nailed down
Mark,

I didn't mean to say you were wrong. It's just that basic economics plays a larger role than most people think. With the US at the top of the global consumers list, the actions of the POTUS have a far greater impact on global oil prices. I was more countering the myth that the US only producing 20% of the world's oil would have a greater impact than the fact that the US is the largest CONSUMER of oil. Consumers dictate. Producers comply.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros

Mark

Actually, Bill Barr, Trumps AG said there was no evidence of voter fraud. He just confirmed what CNN said. What he said also seems to contradict what your friends at Fox said.

Also, a while back you asked someone if they were ok with being forced to buy an electric car that will cost $60,000.

Who said you have to buy a car, who said it has to be electric, and you can get a General motors Chevrolet volt made in the USA for less than $60,000

This is AMERICA, the greatest nation on earth. There are very few things that President Joe Biden or Donald Trump or anyone else can force you or me to do

As you would say...prove me wrong...if you can

First, before I respond directly to your last post, let me thank you for keeping this civil. I really appreciate it.
Now, getting to your post, Bill Barr said that BEFORE the Arizona audit so his statement holds about as much weight as the 51 intelligence experts that claimed Hunter Biden's laptop was "Russian disinformation", as far as I'm concerned. It is also possible that Bill Barr was trying to keep his job after Trump was "defeated".
Joe Biden, Kamala Harris and Nancy Pelosi have all stated that the way to avoid the higher prices that gas and diesel were going up to was to buy an electric car. Biden, himself has said on numerous occasions that an electric car would save the average family $80 per month over the cost of filling a vehicle with gas or diesel. AOC has doubled down on that by saying an electric car is a pollution free form of transportation with nothing but positives to go along with it. The administration's "attack" on fossil fuels is a tactic to try to force the nation into abandoning their petroleum powered vehicles and go to "clean, non-polluting electric cars.
What every one of them has forgotten is that the batteries(most likely made in China) have to be charged every so often. Where is that electricity going to come from? It's not just something that you can get by plugging into a wall socket or a charging station, it has to come from someplace. Well over half the country gets their power from coal or LPG fired generation plants. If the fossil fuel industry is destroyed, as Joe Biden is trying to do, how are we supposed to charge the batteries that power those cars? Let's look at another issue that they are avoiding:
THE RV INDUSTRY!!!!!
I, like hundreds of thousands of others, have a camp trailer. When the wife and I take it on a cross country trip, our gas consumption is roughly double what it is without the trailer. If Joe, Kamala, Nancy and AOC have their way, there won't be gas/diesel vehicles to pull a trailer. Instead, GM, Ford, Dodge and Tesla start selling electric powered trucks to pull these trailers. With a full charge, how far can one of these trucks pull a trailer that weighs over 5,000 pounds? Then add to that, how long will it take to charge one when the battery bank runs down? But what about the trailer's onboard systems such and brakes and the refrigerator? The tow vehicle powers them as well, depleting the battery bank even faster. When my Tahoe runs low on fuel, I stop and, roughly 10 minutes later, I'm back on the road. That isn't possible with an electric vehicle as it will take several hours to recharge. If you go hang out in the trailer, you're draining it's batteries at the same time, again reducing the range of the tow vehicle or extending your time at a charging station. Then again, what good would it do to hang out in the trailer? Propane will most likely not be available so you won't want to cook or heat the trailer unless it's set up with an alcohol or electric stove and heating system

Back