Drone Registration

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HTV Boats

For all the hoopla over registration here's my take. Got my late Xmas present after they went on sale as I figured price would drop (and it did) as new technology is on the horizon and retailers dumping overstock after the holidays.

Anyway I registered on line this morning and it looks like they (big brother) want anyone with a .5-55lb drone to acknowledge some basic common sense rules and check a box so you can't say I didn't know that. What a slick legal trick. Stuff like you can't fly over 400' altitude, over a crowd or stadium and near an airport or emergency responders. Oh yeah and don't fly under the influence of drugs or alcohol. They only wanted my address the rules acknowledgement and the $5. No aircraft info required so when they come to my house I will just give up my $70 toy trainer quad.

So on to taking some neat overhead pics of what else but boats. My Yuneec Q500 4K has no fly zones pre programed in it's GPS system so I can't fly near the airport. So I will just hover over corners on our test pond and see if video can help me make boats turn better.

Mic

Park it way off the end of turn 3/4, Mic. You might be surprised at your line in the back straight. I know I was!

Back