Parts sources needed

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OtisHelmke

Afternoon all,

I've been out of things lately, an accident last fall kept me in the hospital all season and I lost my laptop and a ton of information that was on it so please forgive me for asking these questions over again. I need some parts. To begin, I've managed to pick up a good supply of K&B 3.5 and 7.5 outboards. They are running on Hotshot .21s and Hotshot Sprints in 21 and 45 size as well as a Topspeed and a Cobra. There are a couple of others under construction. I enjoy running them and race a few now and then. I need to find a source for props for both sizes. I like to keep several spares for everything I'm running. The next item I'd like to find is a source for parts to take a K&B 3.5 foot and convert it to electric. No good reason, I just have this part not being used and would like to do something with it. Next, I'm building a JAE 21 hull and have a GO motor for it. I need a pipe and header for it and want to know if the Zippkits hardware kit for this boat is worthwhile. Last question, I've picked up a number of hulls at good prices and one is an Enforcer. It isn't new but with a good powerplant it looks like it should be fun. Suggestions on an engine in a reasonable price range for bashing around the pond is what I am after here. I'm not as new to this as I make out here having run boats since the '70s along with all kinds of other RC stuff since I was about 4. Problem is, there is not one other RC boater within 60 miles of me that i can find. Maybe they are here but it must be a secret society because I can't find them. Any help with parts suggestions and good sources is much appreciated. Thanks!!

Rick H.

Rick,

I should be able to help you with props what are you looking for?? also some othe parts but not for the K & B engines.

Walt Barney

Tanks 2 U

Walt's Hobbies

[email protected]

Hi Rick, here is the FE conversion for a K&B 3.5 lower leg: http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=hpi-eobck35-5mm

Here is the FE conversion for a K&B 7.5 lower leg: http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=hpi-eobck75-5mm

Most are using the 3.5 O.S. lower for .21 sized FE tunnels now, but you will be fine with your K&B legs.... Lawless and K&B for 7.5 FE converted lowers...

Also, get with Kris Flynn on these boards if you want the best in outboard flex's

Lots of good FE advice on offshoreelectrics.com

-Kent

Last edited by a moderator:
Back