Wow! Prices.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jarcians, Truth is fact and facts can be found through history based on experience.
Debate and exchange of thoughts and Ideas lead to what is truth and what is not.

That’s how we find things out scientifically as well.

Where ever you found that expert that says you can’t learn from others is an expert at learning zero.

We all need each other my friend

And please don’t make accuse people you don’t know of not liking electric cars. Who knows I might have one myself

No matter your Opinion you all are my model boating friends always

Thanks
Jim

In 1972 I was at a nice restaurant when a man walked and announced that he was going to pay for everyone's meal and drinks.

"I just became a millionaire," he said. "Crude oil just hit $3.00 a Barrel" The retail price of regular then was 36.9 cents per gallon, or somewhere above 8% of the crude oil price.

Today, with crude oil around $100 per barrel, at 8% of crude oil price, regular gas should be about $8.00 per gallon. Of course, I am not factoring in the 1972 gas taxes and today's gas taxes when I say about 8%.

A few things have happened in the past 50 years. Refineries are much more efficient and in general, much larger. So the percent of refining cost per gallon has gone down.

However, demand has greatly grown. The costs of building highways, bridges, and their maintenance has greatly increased, so gas taxes have also increased.

Back in 1972 we were dependent on imported crude oil and when OPEC pulled the plug, we found out just how dependent we were. As a point, let's say we only need to import 10% of our crude oil needs, but we don't want to import Canadian crude oil and the Mexican crude oil production is reduced. We are right back where we were in 1973.

As long as we are dependent on foreign sources of crude oil, prices will keep going up over the long haul.

The answer to rising energy prices is to become more efficient and use less energy. When there is more supply than there is demand, prices go down.

Al Hobbs

No question the Biden administration has throttled any new drilling that could help with this crisis. I saw him on TV the other day spouting off about the oil companies having all the leases they needed. Yes, companies can have leases, but they also need federal permits to drill on public land and none have been issued since this guy got elected.

There's not a single thing these wokesters have done to make the lives of your average American better. Every time the guy opens his mouth the White Staff needs to go and pull what he has said back. Today he was talking to soldiers of the 82nd Airborne that are in Poland and telling them what to expect when they got into Ukraine, and within hours they had to walk that WWIII scenario back. It's like senior abuse putting a microphone in his hands.

If Joe Biden owned an unlimited hydroplane team the name of the boat would have to be the U-0 Miss Management

What the Biden administration is doing is very simple:
  • forcing manufacturing businesses to go overseas, usually to China(earning the money and gifts paid through Hunter)
  • forcing oil to be imported from overseas(Russia, Saudi Arabia, Iran and Venezuela sound familiar?)
  • killing the US fossil fuel industry(as promised in his campaign)
  • killing the US transportation industry(any vehicle or aircraft that requires fossil fuels to operate will be eventually shut down at the cost of MILLIONS OF JOBS when all airlines, Boeing, all the US automakers, Amazon, cruise & shipping lines and all the trucking companies can't afford to operate and trains go back to burning wood instead of diesel fuel)
  • promoting crime and minimizing repercussions there of
There is only one way to turn the country around and that is to eliminate the players pushing the agenda, STARTING WITH JOE BIDEN!!!!!
Unfortunately, November isn't going to get here fast enough to stop all of the damage being caused by the incompetent and progressive(regressive would be a more accurate term) people that are running our country into the ground. If you want a career that will pay dividends in the next few years, start breeding horses, that is IF you can afford to buy the land and breeding stock.

Last edited:
What the Biden administration is doing is very simple:
  • forcing manufacturing businesses to go overseas, usually to China(earning the money and gifts paid through Hunter)
  • forcing oil to be imported from overseas(Russia, Saudi Arabia, Iran and Venezuela sound familiar?)
  • killing the US fossil fuel industry(as promised in his campaign)
  • killing the US transportation industry(any vehicle or aircraft that requires fossil fuels to operate will be eventually shut down at the cost of MILLIONS OF JOBS when all airlines, Boeing, all the US automakers, Amazon, cruise & shipping lines and all the trucking companies can't afford to operate and trains go back to burning wood instead of diesel fuel)
  • promoting crime and minimizing repercussions there of
There is only one way to turn the country around and that is to eliminate the players pushing the agenda, STARTING WITH JOE BIDEN!!!!!
Unfortunately, November isn't going to get here fast enough to stop all of the damage being caused by the incompetent and progressive(regressive would be a more accurate term) people that are running our country into the ground. If you want a career that will pay dividends in the next few years, start breeding horses, that is IF you can afford to buy the land and breeding stock.

The way it's going we will be eating our horses, not racing them.

Just to be clear I never said we couldn’t learn from each other.

All I am saying is when the question is “how much crude oil are we importing” the answer found on the EIA website is more trustworthy than “I don’t like Biden, so it has to be less now!”

If we start ignoring statistics like “barrels of crude imported” and replacing them with narratives about how you feel, the truth gets lost.

In 1972 I was at a nice restaurant when a man walked and announced that he was going to pay for everyone's meal and drinks.

"I just became a millionaire," he said. "Crude oil just hit $3.00 a Barrel" The retail price of regular then was 36.9 cents per gallon, or somewhere above 8% of the crude oil price.

Today, with crude oil around $100 per barrel, at 8% of crude oil price, regular gas should be about $8.00 per gallon. Of course, I am not factoring in the 1972 gas taxes and today's gas taxes when I say about 8%.

A few things have happened in the past 50 years. Refineries are much more efficient and in general, much larger. So the percent of refining cost per gallon has gone down.

However, demand has greatly grown. The costs of building highways, bridges, and their maintenance has greatly increased, so gas taxes have also increased.

Back in 1972 we were dependent on imported crude oil and when OPEC pulled the plug, we found out just how dependent we were. As a point, let's say we only need to import 10% of our crude oil needs, but we don't want to import Canadian crude oil and the Mexican crude oil production is reduced. We are right back where we were in 1973.

As long as we are dependent on foreign sources of crude oil, prices will keep going up over the long haul.

The answer to rising energy prices is to become more efficient and use less energy. When there is more supply than there is demand, prices go down.

Al Hobbs

I would add that we need to use all sources of energy available such as natural gas, electricity, coal, nuclear power,

Other than the uranium need for nuclear, we have vast amounts of the others that we can harvest right here in our own country. That also means drilling and refining at the local level. Allow the little guy to drill on his own oil rights if he has the capital. But these days we a competing against our own tax dollars.
But that’s another story.

Just to be clear I never said we couldn’t learn from each other.

All I am saying is when the question is “how much crude oil are we importing” the answer found on the EIA website is more trustworthy than “I don’t like Biden, so it has to be less now!”

If we start ignoring statistics like “barrels of crude imported” and replacing them with narratives about how you feel, the truth gets lost.

I stopped trusting anything that comes from the government a long time ago.
And that would be the EIA website.

But Jacians, we do have a lot in common. We love model boats, and we believe in individual liberty and the best system in the word that protects it. It’s known as the United States bill of rights and our declaration. Our government needs to get back to obeying that rule of law as well as individuals understanding it.

A while back on here I saw a few of your post and you had some nice boats. What classes are you racing these days?

Up here in MI I’m running sport 20, sport 40, and 20 mono.

I stopped trusting anything that comes from the government a long time ago.
And that would be the EIA website.

But Jacians, we do have a lot in common. We love model boats, and we believe in individual liberty and the best system in the word that protects it. It’s known as the United States bill of rights and our declaration. Our government needs to get back to obeying that rule of law as well as individuals understanding it.

A while back on here I saw a few of your post and you had some nice boats. What classes are you racing these days?

Up here in MI I’m running sport 20, sport 40, and 20 mono.

Thanks James.

I currently run Sport 20, 20 Hydro, 20 Mono, and soon Gas Thunderboat. Our District 8 season just started today.

Hydro junkie and friends

Bidens an idiot
The government is incompetent
Statistics are bull....
Our elections are rigged
Gas prices are too high

I have a simple solution for you and some advice. Move to Russia

Simple solution...Gas in Russia is $1.82 a gallon sounds like what you think it should be here.
Advice... Be careful what you say on forums. Their moderator will send you to Siberia where the lakes are all frozen so you won't be able to race your boats

Okay then, Jim, PROVE US WRONG!!!!!
When did fuel prices start to climb? January 21st 2021, the day after Joe Biden started his attack on fossil fuels. Explain to me how that's anyone else's fault.
Nancy Pelosi and her husband have made millions on stock trading through buying and selling stocks that others wouldn't have traded. If you go back and do some investigating, you will find that many of their trades were made just prior to things happening in the government that affected the stock prices either positively or negatively.
Joe Biden is compromised to the extent that he can't act for or against China, Russia, Ukraine or Iran due to business deals made by his son Hunter that included cuts going directly to Joe. Why else would he stop the transfer of Mig 29s from Poland to Ukraine? All he has to do is approve F-16s being sent to Poland's air force and the Pole's would release the Migs. To this date, he's refused to act, almost like he's doing a favor for Putin.
One last note, and this one I take VERY SERIOUSLY. Back in the early 1980s, I took an oath to support and defend the Constitution and country from all adversaries, foreign and domestic, before boarding a plane that took me to basic training for the Navy. I took that oath serious then and I still take it serious now. If it was my choice, there would be three people named Biden and several members of Congress and the Biden administration that would be in Leavenworth prison for their crimes, some bordering on treason against the US. Instead, I have to wait for November to let my voice be heard lawfully. It sounds to me like you and a few others voted for Biden, hope you like the results of that choice.

Hydro Junkie

This is to you because I hope your friends engage their brains before they use the keyboard. I realize you do research to back up everything you say. Not that I want to be like you but I researched my comment several times. What I see is some items you and your friends have made in the past. Then I offered you an idea that I thought might be of interest ( and mostly in jest). I didn't see the word WRONG in my comment and in fact, I DID NOT say I disagree with you, you just assume I do.

All your reply did was prove the saying " Don't assume anything you might make an ass out of you or me"

To paraphrase you, prove ME wrong.

Thanks for your service hydro junkie!! You know some people just can’t see what’s going on. There are only a small handful of people in Washington that are working on your behalf the other 85% of them hate our declaration our bill of rights and our constitution. They hate America they hate your grandma, they hate God and They hate you.

They don’t want individual liberty freedom and equal justice. Control control control and power power power, global control is all they want. They are tyrants plain and simple. I call them the great reset bunch. You know that bunch in Dovos. The world economic forum, the global communist.

We need the convention of states ASAP, and we need to vote A bunch of people out of Congress in 2022.

We need representation at the state level two make laws banning ESG‘s.

You took an oath to help defend this country just like the people in Washington are supposed to do. you’d be thrown in jail if you even did one thing that one person has done in Washington and I agree the Biden administration must go also a lot of senators and house of reps Democrat and Republican.

I doubt we will be able to vote our way out of the problems we have in Washington it needs to be done at the state level. We need at least 34 states to enact article 5 of the constitution and we need our states to be come sanctuaries for the bill of rights plain and simple.

But we also must have a moral people to keep a republic Like we had. The founding fathers had many many separations of power because they knew that men are too sinful to handle power

But in the long run it doesn’t matter because God is in control

Thanks again Hydro jockey for your service

Last edited:
Hydro Junkie

This is to you because I hope your friends engage their brains before they use the keyboard. I realize you do research to back up everything you say. Not that I want to be like you but I researched my comment several times. What I see is some items you and your friends have made in the past. Then I offered you an idea that I thought might be of interest ( and mostly in jest). I didn't see the word WRONG in my comment and in fact, I DID NOT say I disagree with you, you just assume I do.

All your reply did was prove the saying " Don't assume anything you might make an ass out of you or me"

To paraphrase you, prove ME wrong.
If your post was, as you say, somewhat in jest, and I have no reason to not believe that is the case, then we have no problem between us.
I think what got me the most is the "I have a simple solution for you and some advice. Move to Russia" line. That, and everything that followed caused me to have to relax for a bit before I could even type anything in reply. Reason behind that is simple:
  • One grandfather was a Marine on Guadalcanal where he was wounded twice in one night's action
  • At least two uncles were in Viet Nam and, due to what they dealt with, one has PTSD to this day
  • Many of my father's family serve in the Army where some made it to the higher officer ranks before retiring
  • I am an Honorably Discharged Veteran that deployed twice to Asia and the Indian Ocean
  • My younger brother was in the Marines until medically discharged due to an off duty leg injury
As you can probably tell, my family has what can almost be called "A tradition of service" so, needless to say, being told to "move to Russia" didn't sit too well with me. Everything after that just added to the feeling of being "slapped in the face". I hope this explains my reaction to your post

Mark

First, I am thankful to live in a country where folks like you and your relatives and millions of others serve their country to defend our constitution and especially our right to free speech and our right to vote.

I'm sorry you think there were problems between us. To be clear, I meant to say YOU COULD move to Russia but my right to free speech which you fought to defend certainly would allow me to say either. With that in mind, you also had every right in your response to say PROVE US WRONG.

I fully respect your right to your opinion and your right to express it. I hope you can understand the difficulty I am having trying to explain something I didn't say

Not to worry, we're good. As I tried to say in my previous post, it was the wording in the second half of the post that got to me and, having you tell me what you were actually saying was very much appreciated. This is the biggest issue with communicating over the internet. Meanings tend to get mixed or misinterpreted and can, very often, result in what we almost had here. My saying "PROVE US WRONG" was intended to get the point across that I didn't like what your post implied and, at the same time, give you the chance to clarify what you meant.
As far as I'm concerned, we're good and this has become a non-issue and something we can both forget about, other than the lesson that words used in a forum can have unforeseen results. That is a lesson that applies to all, not just you or I. Who knows, we might run into each other at the pond some day and, if that does happen, I would love to have you join me for a drink, be it coffee, soda or ???

Back