Wow! Prices.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here in MI it was around 2.10 a gallon before COVID and 1.97 a gallon after. And it was getting cheaper little by little before the pandemic and when we became energy independent. Prices shot up after our country shut down fossil fuels. I work in the transport industry geared toward the agricultural sector. I remember when Diesel Fule was 3.59 a gallon a year ago. Now it’s 5.20 a gallon.

Supply and demand makes perfect sense to me. Now we don’t have enough to keep tyrants under control. Hell we could be supplying the world with energy and Russia would not be doing business in th UK. That bunch in Dovos, you know, globalist reset types need the boot. Did I hear someone say Conversation of states .com. The Biden administration has to go, along with most Democrats and Republicans at the state and Federal level.

Then maybe we could get some supply to meet the demand in everything. We are Americans and that’s what we do when we are left to our own.

Thanks
Jim

When did we shut down fossil fuels? That pipeline thing? Parts 1 thru 3 are still working at a steady rate. Part 4, which ran into all of the big squabbles, was stopped, then started, then stopped, and now shelved by the owners, wasn't going to really help our situation because of what they were planning to put through it. Go ahead and look up the status of the Keystone XL pipeline.
"Energy independent"? Never have been, never will be. We export a lot a crude, but it's not the type we really need. We produce a lot, but we're still needing to import a bunch to make up for what we can't cover in demand. All of that info is out there. You just need to be curious enough to look, and careful enough to consider the source. Fox news isn't going to tell you the pipeline is still working, they'll just tell you it was killed off. It keeps their viewers riled up.

Oh well! Force to buy electric vehicles

Attachments

• 3EE8C9D4-437A-461D-BB6C-8B60960ADE5E.jpeg
    3EE8C9D4-437A-461D-BB6C-8B60960ADE5E.jpeg
    123.7 KB · Views: 20
I filled up my little VW Golf yesterday, I need premium and at C$2.05/liter (converts to US$6.25/gal) it was $108.25!

full

Over the past many years the USA has purchased crude oil from and sold finished fuels to both Canada and Mexico. Basically this came down to location and freight costs.

In the 70's we bought huge amounts of Mexican heavy and sour Mayan crude oil. This Mayan crude is similar to some of the heavy and sour Canadian crudes now produced in Alberta.

Most US refineries were not able to make acceptable fuels from Mayan crude. They relied on light sweet crude oil to make low sulfur gas and diesel. This is still the case today. That is why light sweet crude oils are so much more expensive than heavy, sour crude oil.

To deal with this heavy and sour, crude. huge US refineries in the gulf coast were adapted to make products out of the Mayan crudes as well as other crudes.

Because the Mexicans sold the crude oil and did not re-invest in their crude oil production, their supply of heavy, sour crude oil almost disappeared.

Moving the heavy and sour Canadian crude oils to the huge refineries in the Gulf Coast makes sense. The refineries there can use it and the crude oil prices are substantially less.

Today, crude oil from the Bakken field in Montana and the Dakotas moves by truck and railcar. This crude oil can be refined by most refineries and will make low sulfur fuels. But, to get it to the refineries, it moves by truck and rail. This transportation adds substantial costs to the refiner which raises the gas and diesel prices to the wholesaler and retailer. Plus, deliveries by truck and rail have greater overall losses than by pipeline. These losses are costs eventually paid by the consumer.

Pipelines not only move crude oil at a lower cost per barrel than either truck or rail, it would make the less expensive Canadian crudes readily available to the refineries designed to take heavy, sour crude.

Washington is playing politics, and leaving us with the higher prices.

Al Hobbs

The Fox News narrative of "everything is Biden's fault" doesn't really hold water here. There is a war going on right now involving one of our biggest oil import sources. That's going to drive up prices.

You can believe what you want but look at the data, the amount of oil we were importing from Russia steadily declined from 2009 to 2017 (Obama was president then), then started to climb again to an all time high in May of 2021. It has dropped sharply since, but most of that has to do with the war.

The point is, in terms of Russian oil dependency Trump was terrible, Biden has not been much better. Not that presidents have that much to do with that anyway.

Narratives are stupid without facts.

Source: U.S. Imports from Russia of Crude Oil and Petroleum Products (Thousand Barrels)

The Fox News narrative of "everything is Biden's fault" doesn't really hold water here. There is a war going on right now involving one of our biggest oil import sources. That's going to drive up prices.

You can believe what you want but look at the data, the amount of oil we were importing from Russia steadily declined from 2009 to 2017 (Obama was president then), then started to climb again to an all time high in May of 2021. It has dropped sharply since, but most of that has to do with the war.

The point is, in terms of Russian oil dependency Trump was terrible, Biden has not been much better. Not that presidents have that much to do with that anyway.

Narratives are stupid without facts.

Source: U.S. Imports from Russia of Crude Oil and Petroleum Products (Thousand Barrels)
You're cherry picking data, Russia imports are small part of the overall picture. We import and export based on margin and have been doing so for decades. Again, by 2018 we were exporting more than importing and also became the world's top crude producer. This was having direct impact on price per barrel of crude world wide driving prices down. Biden came in and drastically altered that and we became majorly dependent on imports again, the prices were shooting up long before the first shot was fired in Ukraine which is what the curent administration is now trying to blame it on. Go back and listen to Biden's speeches during the campaign where he said he as going to go after the oil industry and that's exactly what he did from day one. Spin it all you want but this falls at Biden's feet, period.

I guess the national debt is Biden's fault too. Each president has his faults. Even Trump had his issues, especially promoting hate and separating our country more than it was. None of them are perfect. Everyone likes to point fingers. Maybe everyone (or more people) will be happier after the next election. But remember, they are all elected, not appointed.

A CLOSER LOOK
Donald Trump Built a National Debt So Big (Even Before the Pandemic) That It’ll Weigh Down the Economy for Years
The “King of Debt” promised to reduce the national debt — then his tax cuts made it surge. Add in the pandemic, and he oversaw the third-biggest deficit increase of any president.

by Allan Sloan, ProPublica, and Cezary Podkul for ProPublica
Jan. 14, 2021, 5 a.m. EST

US ECONOMY GDP GROWTH & RECESSIONS
Part of

THE NATIONAL DEBT
President Trump's Impact on the National Debt
The national debt increased by almost 36% during Trump's tenure

President Trump Holds First Campaign Rally Since Coronavirus Diagnosis

•••
Table of Contents

BY
KIMBERLY AMADEO
Updated January 26, 2022
REVIEWED BY
ERIKA RASURE
FACT CHECKED BY
EMILY ERNSBERGER

You're cherry picking data, Russia imports are small part of the overall picture. We import and export based on margin and have been doing so for decades. Again, by 2018 we were exporting more than importing and also became the world's top crude producer. This was having direct impact on price per barrel of crude world wide driving prices down. Biden came in and drastically altered that and we became majorly dependent on imports again, the prices were shooting up long before the first shot was fired in Ukraine which is what the curent administration is now trying to blame it on. Go back and listen to Biden's speeches during the campaign where he said he as going to go after the oil industry and that's exactly what he did from day one. Spin it all you want but this falls at Biden's feet, period.

That's pretty hilarious considering our net imports on oil and petroleum products are lower (as of Dec. 2021, the latest data available) than they were at any time during the Trump presidency, but okay, just keep repeating the narrative. Seriously, this data is available, do some research!

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=pet&s=mttntus2&f=m
Candidates say a lot of things during their campaigns, don't believe most of it.

...and the real irony is how many people who will argue for fossil fuel independence are also against lowering or reliance on fossil fuels overall.

You can't complain about gas prices and be mad at your neighbor for driving a Tesla at the same time, it doesn't make sense.

That's pretty hilarious considering our net imports on oil and petroleum products are lower (as of Dec. 2021, the latest data available) than they were at any time during the Trump presidency, but okay, just keep repeating the narrative. Seriously, this data is available, do some research!

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=pet&s=mttntus2&f=m
Candidates say a lot of things during their campaigns, don't believe most of it.
Clearly you don't get it, again imports and exports are all based on margins. Biden is doing EXACTLY what he said he was going to do in regards to going after oil compaines, it's all part of driving the green new deal agenda forward. The fact that you are basing your argument on what EIA releases is hysterical, they are a govt. agency following protocol. Not gonna waste any more keystrokes on this, you've got your opinion and that's fine, it's your right. Have a nice night.............

No please!!! we as Americans should debate the issues. Why are we all so afraid of the arena of sharing ideas and ones beliefs. When I say something I expect someone to disagree with me. And then there are others that share what’s on there mind and get upset when you disagree with them.

It’s kind of like racing boats. If we all strapped because of something we didn’t like there would be no racing.
Besides no matter what a post is, most people that don’t like, or have no interest in it have the right not to view or be part of it. Not finding fault with you Grim I do value your Opinion or anyone else’s I am Just saying what I think here.

We should not contain anyone’s speech not only for the fact that we lose the opportunity to learn from one another’s view points but also if we go down this road we will lose our right to speak freely and sadly that’s what is slowly happening today our social media, work places, family, and friends.

I want to be found I’m wrong if I am so I can become a better person, and be happy someone was there to correct me.

The anti-intellectualism movement in this country has lead so many people to distrust actual peer reviewed data by actual experts that it’s impossible to have a logical data driven discussion with anyone anymore. I can’t convince you of the truth when you believe that “truth” is a feeling and not a matter of facts.

This is why I usually stay out of the off-topic section.

Lee When I said the shutting down fossil fuels, I wasn’t just emphasizing pipe lines, I was pointing how the energy sector has been blocked in many ways besides pipe line in producing energy. Such as executive orders and ESG concerns, that prevent free market harvesting of coal, natural gas, and oil.

As me being a fan of Fox News? I stopped watching them in 2005. I will occasionally tune in to hear Life liberty and Levin on Sunday but I don’t bother much since I can listen to him elsewhere.

And in my life time WE WHERE ENERGY INDEPENDENT for a few months I Think just before 2021????

And we can be!!!! My dad always said CAN’T NEVER DID ANYTHING.

Thanks
Jim

Back