Where to buy fuel in bulk quantities

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
another ingregiant that can be used IN MODERATION is propelyene oxide (mainly used as an igniter for alky and nitro) and does provide a good bang for the buck. BUT you can not use it like nitro. remember i said bang for your buck? yep, it can provide the bang for you motor as well.
Propylene Oxide by it self requires the utmost care when mixing and handling as it has a ridiculously low flash point among other hazards- http://hazard.com/msds/mf/baker/baker/files/p6961.htm

Also while it is an aid to combustion more is not better and it actually becomes detrimental to performance in higher percentage mixes.

give that man a cigar!!!!!!!

very good Don, excellent

% wise, the use of 8-10% max is favorable, but anything higher and your motor can do a K&B on you. i know, experiance speaks. :D :D :D

and yes, you do have to be carefull when using prope. temp wise you can take it and set it on th ground in the late spring and summer months and watch it boil.

anyways, i am sure that the fuel folks are more than likely waitingto see if the price of the nitro does go down (hopefully), and then deside on what to do then.

carl

p.s. will be testing this weekend IF the weather holds up. (no nitro on the 21)

There is plenty of nitro in U.S. inventory to be had.
But fhs, o'donnel etc. won't buy the nitro at current prices and the price wont go down till the high dollar inventory is gone. they are gonna hold out until the price goes down.

But then again if they buy 10 barrels at current prices and then the price drops, they are stuck with 25,000 dollars worth of nitro thats worth 12,000. Then they will have to sell high dollar fuel while those who held out will sell much lower.

Of course they won't talk about the small fortune they made when they jacked their fuel prices and were still using the lower priced nitro they had already purchased.
I'll be getting my fuel from Technology.

Larry

Wonderful posts gentleman.............Would some care to share a PRICE!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :angry:

O.M.G.!!!!...........................Did you say $200 a CASE!!!!

This is just one of the reasons that the NHRA Top Fuel class will be lucky to have 8 teams running in 2009. 3 of which are only running a partial schedule.....

i just ordered 1 case of 45% from otto at 40.00 gallon.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I sure like to run my nitro rigger and OB and are sure glad that they are both 21’s.

This seems like another nail in the coffin for nitro. Last few years the problem was getting engines, last year it was glow plugs.

LSG keeps looking better all the time…..and have you seen the price of reg gas used in Zenoah’s…..Cheep!

I love you guys that are sitting on gallons of fuel for next year. How dose that help the rest of us? Hope you have fun running with yourself next year guess this nitro guy is going all gas for next year. I will be calling Brain next week....
So, you're mad at the people who went ahead and bought next season's fuel rather than waiting until the spring and finding out there's none to be had, or that the price was significantly higher? If the price of gas is any indication, the price of nitro will come back down, it's just a matter of time...
I am not mad but think of what your saying Oh yes I am much smarter then the rest of you because I bought fuel and stored it. IT DOES NOT ANSWER THE POST WHERE CAN I BUY FUEL? As I said before good for you and have fun this year running with yourself. That is the problem with this world Me,Me,ME. For those of you who answered the post with a solution and not, let me tell you what I did, kudos. Oh and why didn't I buy fuel in the fall before the shortage hmm well lets see oh yea Gas was $4 a gallon and I needed to get to work.

So I guess I am mad and on my soap box. :angry:

Don McKay

Technology Fuels , way to go , ordering 4- 60 % this weekend . Like Don said , 4 runs with an 80 or 90 Twin = 1 gallon of fuel !!! :lol: :lol:
Whatja order that stuff for?

You have to show up to a race to burn it!!!!!!!!!!

See ya in Orlando???
Yeah , I am pretty sad lately with RC stuff ...but been thrashing lately in the garage getting ready for the onslaught that is the winternats !! See ya there ! 5 boats coming .... Possible pit slave ???? :lol: :lol:

Technology Fuels , way to go , ordering 4- 60 % this weekend . Like Don said , 4 runs with an 80 or 90 Twin = 1 gallon of fuel !!! :lol: :lol:
Whatja order that stuff for?

You have to show up to a race to burn it!!!!!!!!!!

See ya in Orlando???
Yeah , I am pretty sad lately with RC stuff ...but been thrashing lately in the garage getting ready for the onslaught that is the winternats !! See ya there ! 5 boats coming .... Possible pit slave ???? :lol: :lol:
ANYONE WANTING TO GET FUEL IN DISTRICT 4 GET AHOLD OF ME I HAVE A IDEA FOR FUEL THIS YEAR. THANK YOU.

TERRY

ANYONE WANTING TO GET FUEL IN DISTRICT 4 GET AHOLD OF ME I HAVE A IDEA FOR FUEL THIS YEAR. THANK YOU.

TERRY

Terry, that pipe is working fine, put a small 707 Specialties muffler on it, tried it out on my "known" red head valvola 21 Seaducer, and it screamed!!!!!

So it now has a new home on the new rigger I have with a green head valvola in it, now it's prop work time.

Isn't it wierd how something you think will never work, does.

Only time will tell if they will perform the same in the "heat" of summer down here.

Thanks again

I love you guys that are sitting on gallons of fuel for next year. How dose that help the rest of us? Hope you have fun running with yourself next year guess this nitro guy is going all gas for next year. I will be calling Brain next week....
So, you're mad at the people who went ahead and bought next season's fuel rather than waiting until the spring and finding out there's none to be had, or that the price was significantly higher? If the price of gas is any indication, the price of nitro will come back down, it's just a matter of time...
I am not mad but think of what your saying Oh yes I am much smarter then the rest of you because I bought fuel and stored it. IT DOES NOT ANSWER THE POST WHERE CAN I BUY FUEL? As I said before good for you and have fun this year running with yourself. That is the problem with this world Me,Me,ME. For those of you who answered the post with a solution and not, let me tell you what I did, kudos. Oh and why didn't I buy fuel in the fall before the shortage hmm well lets see oh yea Gas was $4 a gallon and I needed to get to work.

Don McKay
sour grapes anyone?

Don McKay
sour grapes anyone?
I think the point he was making is if the average guy can't get nitro who are these other guys going to race against?

The current trend of people going gas is only going to escalate at a faster rate. In the district I race almost everybody now has a gas boat (boats) and all the new boaters coming in are buying gas boats.

Aside from Technology Fuels, are bulk fuel orders being filled by any other vendors? Our club is also looking to do a buy shortly and we prefer bulk orders over individual case purchases. Even if folks are willing to pay rediculous prices, it appears fuel may become artificially scarce this year.

Bill

Aside from Technology Fuels, are bulk fuel orders being filled by any other vendors? Our club is also looking to do a buy shortly and we prefer bulk orders over individual case purchases. Even if folks are willing to pay rediculous prices, it appears fuel may become artificially scarce this year.
Bill
I would think ( I.W) as a group of model boats. Would have a BIG buying POWER!!!!! I think we need to all put are heads together and find a Solution to this problem of cost to the average boater looking for fuel.

Back