Where to buy fuel in bulk quantities

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John Otto is sitting on three barrels of nitro. He can sell you all the Technology Fuels you need. Thats ALL we run down here.

So does FHS have any nitro fuel? Maybe I will just buy 5 gallons if they have it, this is the pits

you will have to contact FHS via e-mail and ask them if they have any pre-mixed fuel available. as of this entry they DO NOT have any nitro. i emailed them yesterday and got a very prompt reply on this matter. they said to check back at teh end of Jan. they are checking OTHER sources of nitro at this time.

carl

UH-OH....... :eek: I also just checked WWRF and ProNitro Nitromethane ™ 100% 53 Gallon Drum

$2,500.00 + shipping or $2235 for 30 gallons. Why would anyone even think about the 30 gallons. for $265 you get 23 more gallons :huh:

that's about $47+ per gallon. I thought the price was coming down after September and the Olympics we're over
V-P 1650 for 400 pounds think that a 40 gallon drum
Is VP selling nitro again?
Terry I emailed V-P Midwest and was ent to V-P in Texas. I got an email back giving me a price.I guess that dont mean i can buy it. I also asked if they thought the price would come down and got a who knows reply

fhs is OUT of nitro. and was told until price goes down they have no plans on buying any more.

i have some pur nitro left from last year but i am holding on to it to see what happens.. may have to sit this year out if we cannot get it for less than 40 a gallon just for nitro.

to bad as i LOVE and bleed this sport but at this rate. somethings gotta give and my house payment can't lol.

i would love to have jerry or john otto mix it but shipping cost will be so much i might as well just by the drum out right as it would cost about the same when all said and done.

chris

I may have to sell some of my shooting toys to afford to run this season, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, just think I got out of competative shooting because the expense was too much, LOL

I love you guys that are sitting on gallons of fuel for next year. How dose that help the rest of us? Hope you have fun running with yourself next year guess this nitro guy is going all gas for next year. I will be calling Brain next week....

Well said, Gail 54, I have 4 gallons and I guess when that is gone I will go fly my gas planes and leave the boats alone. they will have to run by themselves. I just hope the clubs putting on races don't get burned with no racers because you can't buy fuel. That will kill the sport for sure. Rick

There is plenty of nitro in U.S. inventory to be had.

But fhs, o'donnel etc. won't buy the nitro at current prices and the price wont go down till the high dollar inventory is gone. they are gonna hold out until the price goes down.

But then again if they buy 10 barrels at current prices and then the price drops, they are stuck with 25,000 dollars worth of nitro thats worth 12,000. Then they will have to sell high dollar fuel while those who held out will sell much lower.

Of course they won't talk about the small fortune they made when they jacked their fuel prices and were still using the lower priced nitro they had already purchased.

Well said, Gail 54, I have 4 gallons and I guess when that is gone I will go fly my gas planes and leave the boats alone. they will have to run by themselves. I just hope the clubs putting on races don't get burned with no racers because you can't buy fuel. That will kill the sport for sure. Rick
I bet there be alot flewer guys showing up at boat races this year?? I've been running traxxas 33% top racing fuel ,Yes I have to add 1-2oz of castor oil to one quart of fuel to boost the low oil content.The local hobbyshops are the area dont sell boat fuels.So I run the car fuels. Been running that since I'd started into nitro boating in 06..

Last edited by a moderator:
But fhs, o'donnel etc. won't buy the nitro at current prices and the price wont go down till the high dollar inventory is gone. they are gonna hold out until the price goes down.

But then again if they buy 10 barrels at current prices and then the price drops, they are stuck with 25,000 dollars worth of nitro thats worth 12,000. Then they will have to sell high dollar fuel while those who held out will sell much lower.

Of course they won't talk about the small fortune they made when they jacked their fuel prices and were still using the lower priced nitro they had already purchased.
Amen Bill...

Just like the gas companies, most jump right on the rate increase but hold off on the down slide. Gas prices here in Canada have definately come down but not near enough to match the price of crude oil. Let the government sneeze and the prices soar. Never do they cut as fast as they inflate! It's all about the money...

RJ

Amen Bill...

Just like the gas companies, most jump right on the rate increase but hold off on the down slide. Gas prices here in Canada have definately come down but not near enough to match the price of crude oil. Let the government sneeze and the prices soar. Never do they cut as fast as they inflate! It's all about the money...

RJ
Wildcat emailed me today and said they had plenty of 45%. But could not sell anything higher % than that. Very good fuel Doug Shepherd

Last edited:
I love you guys that are sitting on gallons of fuel for next year. How dose that help the rest of us? Hope you have fun running with yourself next year guess this nitro guy is going all gas for next year. I will be calling Brain next week....
So, you're mad at the people who went ahead and bought next season's fuel rather than waiting until the spring and finding out there's none to be had, or that the price was significantly higher? If the price of gas is any indication, the price of nitro will come back down, it's just a matter of time...

Last edited by a moderator:
The price I paid for my fuel from FHS this fall was only a little higher than the last batch I bought 3 years ago. I was actually surprised that the price wasn't higher. The secret is to buy enough to get to the right price point.

I order nitro form VP fuels in IND. the first of last year and I paid $115.00 for 5 gallons so at the time I order 25 gallons.They said at that time nitro was going up in price so I stock up.I talk to them the first of the week and the price is not coming down soon.

Dave Roach

I think I asked this before..... can we use anything else? like nitroethane?

Where are you getting fuel this season?Our local club is getting ready to do a bulk order on fuel. We just got shot down by FHS Oils, they don't have any nitro.

Larry Conrad

Vice President

Twin Cities Model Boat Club
They don't have any nitro??? :huh:
I guess Doug, you, and me ran them dry! :D
Glad I'm sitting on about 40 gallons for '09. :huh:
Don will you sell some,if so how much ? Thanks Dick

Where are you getting fuel this season?Our local club is getting ready to do a bulk order on fuel. We just got shot down by FHS Oils, they don't have any nitro.

Larry Conrad

Vice President

Twin Cities Model Boat Club
They don't have any nitro??? :huh:
I guess Doug, you, and me ran them dry! :D
Glad I'm sitting on about 40 gallons for '09. :huh:
Don will you sell some,if so how much ? Thanks Dick
Nope. I can easily burn 30-40 gallons in a single season. Remember, I run TWINS, the ultimate fuel pigs. :eek:

Tom;

nitroethane can be used but in lower %'s. it runs HOTTER that nitromethane does. (temperature wise.)

when the last nitro shortage occured, the fuel guys used nitro ethane as a substituteand found it was burning hotter than the regular nitro was and didnt quite have the same punch as nitro did also.

another ingregiant that can be used IN MODERATION is propelyene oxide (mainly used as an igniter for alky and nitro) and does provide a good bang for the buck. BUT you can not use it like nitro. remember i said bang for your buck? yep, it can provide the bang for you motor as well.

these are just a couple alternative fuel ingrediants that can be used.

i have kept fuel notes for decades as i used to fly control line speed and we always kept GOOD notes on fuels, plugs, and anything else you can think of.

carl

Back