what to do with the impba internats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am not apposed to huntsville, but my concern is they can't get enough people to attend there weekend races right now.. why would a internats be any different? and i do not mean an disrespect to doc, mark, or anyone else?

just asking a question

i am not apposed to huntsville, but my concern is they can't get enough people to attend there weekend races right now.. why would a internats be any different? and i do not mean an disrespect to doc, mark, or anyone else?

just asking a question
To answer your question. The US-1 Internats is not their weekend races. If the success of a particular race was dependent on the success of a club's other races then Charleston would have had a huge IMPBA Internats a couple of years ago, BUT, it was poorly attended.

Other Charleston events have a great turn out!

Last edited by a moderator:
5,000+ views and 180+ replies looks to me like there are a lot of nitro boaters following this and wanting a race like this to happen!! Nitro is strong in the mid west right now lots of good competiton in most classes. Nitro is on its way back up I'm my view and a US1 Internats will only build nitro back up even more!! Hopefully we can get this done.

5,000+ views and 180+ replies looks to me like there are a lot of nitro boaters following this and wanting a race like this to happen!! Nitro is strong in the mid west right now lots of good competiton in most classes. Nitro is on its way back up I'm my view and a US1 Internats will only build nitro back up even more!! Hopefully we can get this done.
default_wub.png
default_smile.png

Sammy...Same question over on the Boat Dock...24 pages of reply ...................In both situations, it's not what is being said but what can't be said... If everyone would here that you know were to start.

Huntsville is so close to me I absolutely would be there but I'd probably go a good bit further for such an event. And I'll bring a bunch of nitro boats with me! I mean I plan to drive to Muncie for the AMA Nats next year so....

RIck H.

Back to the question at hand - "what happened?" When was the Charleston nats announced? If it was given years notice like usual, then good. However if it was just announced in Jan for a June event, I'm not sure racers had much time to book off, save$$ or plan for this great event. If a Huntsville AL nats (or anywhere) was formally announced now, I have over a year to prep all those areas so I may attend.

I think Celina is a 7 hour drive from Toronto. Please explain to me how Alabama is central to most of us? LOL

There is no location that is close to everyone.

Just a thought...choose several sites that could hold a good Nitro INTERNATS, then put it to a vote for the majority of the boaters to chose which one they want. When a winner is chosen, close this part of the discussion, go forward to to the next decision and let EVERYONE come together and support this race site.

This is the way that the "BIG BOYS" do it.

Charles

i am working on a couple places will get something put up here in a day or so.

will keep everyone posted.

Jim,

The CMB club and IMPBA announced the Nitro Nats would be held in late June 2015, in the fall of last year, BEFORE the Fall Nats in Charleston were held in early October. September if I recall correctly so there was plenty of notice given to all.

Huntsville is absolutely not central to all but actually no place is. The Midwest is 20+ hours from FL. The NE is 15+ hours. GA & SC is 16+ hours. Some will chose to attend wherever it is held and some will not. Only time will tell.

I would like for someone to tell me of a site that is central to IMPBA and has the site to put on a Internats? And Chris for your comments on our on race. The main problem I see it the same problem that other races has. Using rcracingevents.com is a false security for the host club. Entries but no money coming in to back up the entries. I like the idea but it needs a few changes. And I will not put on a race with no money hoping that they will show up.

Instead of talking about being central, how about being close to where the largest concentration of Nitro Racers are. The others will come if they are interested enough. I know that I would be there along with some buddies.

Andy indicated that a bunch of us went to Elmira, NY for a great internats. THAT was a drive for most.

I would like for someone to tell me of a site that is central to IMPBA and has the site to put on a Internats? And Chris for your comments on our on race. The main problem I see it the same problem that other races has. Using rcracingevents.com is a false security for the host club. Entries but no money coming in to back up the entries. I like the idea but it needs a few changes. And I will not put on a race with no money hoping that they will show up.
Brandon has started making it necessary to pay by PayPal at entry and I believe that our St Pete Club will do the same.

Marty that is the way I see it. You should not be able to be seen that you have entered unless you have paid.

For several years the CMB had made it mandatory for the Fall Nats when entering to pay immediately, or your entry is NOT accepted. A selection for allowing mail in entries can be turned off. That way I can manage the number of entries and each class size. It works rather well. Only Paypal or credit card payment will work to get an entry accepted. Refunds can be set up with or without a deadline. Not hard guys at all.

I refuse to use paypal got burnt big time i have no problem sending my money in right away, also you have people that do not have computers to sign up that way

Robert,

There are some people that do that. However, they can coordinate with another racer and they can enter for them and reimburse them as well. There are ways to work it if they want to.

But making it mandatory to pay up front reduces the no shows or late cancellations down 90-95%. Have to look at it from the race administrator and club standpoint. The 2014 Fall Nats sold out in 1.5 hours to the initial cutoff of 255 boats. Filling in the heats that were not full brought it to 350. I have wait lists for almost 70% of the classes after the cutoff. Only way to manage it fairly for all.

Latest posts

Back