VERY interesting topics

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad Christy said:
I don't mean to discredit this forum, but the topics we're talking about could never exist on this board because it would turn into a "flame and bash" session in less than ten posts, in which Marty would unfortuantely be forced to shut it down.

Drop the egos. Drop the grudges. Go log on and check it out. You won't be sorry.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

85251[/snapback]

Brad,

You are discrediting this forum AND that means the people in here. The egos are over in rcboat, not here and thats for sure. You only have to read the postings there to see that. If you don't like it here then why don't you just stay over there?

Brad Christy said:
Guys,
I'm almost sorry I posted this over here. The neandrethals always seem to have a way of ruining anything of any real substance. I only hope somebody understands my intentions, as well as Marty's.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

85322[/snapback]

I've gotta say it Brad, But it seems to me your "intentions" are to get people back on the other site from this site.

If your intentions were purely amicable - I doubt you would have insulted the members on ANY forum. R/C boating does not need public displays of in-fighting - whether it is gas vs. nitro or IW vs. rcboat.

Also - remember your 80mph 20 rigger thread a while back - how many posts did it get here as opposed to Marty's site?

If this site was moderated like another forum - you would most likely have been booted for your comment that I quoted. I doubt Tom M would ever adapt such a stance with you. Perhaps you should show the same level of respect and /or constraint.

Regards,

Tim.

DaveMarles said:
Brad Christy said:
I don't mean to discredit this forum, but the topics we're talking about could never exist on this board because it would turn into a "flame and bash" session in less than ten posts, in which Marty would unfortuantely be forced to shut it down.

Drop the egos. Drop the grudges. Go log on and check it out. You won't be sorry.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

85251[/snapback]

Brad,

You are discrediting this forum AND that means the people in here. The egos are over in rcboat, not here and thats for sure. You only have to read the postings there to see that. If you don't like it here then why don't you just stay over there?

85329[/snapback]

It is AMAZING the things that you read.

I started a few threads that I thought might be of help to people and what is said?

Marty is doing that to help traffic. Stan Simpson could have taught all of that in 1 afternoon. All the egos are over there.

Come on guys what is happening?

I could just dissappear from the model boating scene. OR, I could pass along things that I learned over 25+ years of boating. I decided long ago to do the later. Not even wait till I had stopped boating. That is the reason that I started the Listbot. The ONLY reason.

I have thought about just shutting down the Listbot and going off into the sunset. I get motivated and fired up sometimes and really enjoy the interchange, but this is really discouraging. People that I don't even know (at least I don't think that I know them - really can tell by nicknames).

I started coming over here and doing a search for the term Marty just to see what was being said. This time, I couldn't believe what I read.

I think that I will just be better off not knowing what people think...... It is discouraging.

Marty Davis

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand why we can't enjoy both sites. I don't know about everyone else but I'd rather not eat @ the same restaurant every night.

Marty Davis said:
DaveMarles said:
Brad Christy said:

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

85251[/snapback]

Brad,

85329[/snapback]

It is AMAZING the things that you read.

I started a few threads that I thought might be of help to people and what is said?

Marty is doing that to help traffic. Stan Simpson could have taught all of that in 1 afternoon. All the egos are over there.

Come on guys what is happening?

I could just dissappear from the model boating scene. OR, I could pass along things that I learned over 25+ years of boating. I decided long ago to do the later. Not even wait till I had stopped boating. That is the reason that I started the Listbot. The ONLY reason.

I have thought about just shutting down the Listbot and going off into the sunset. I get motivated and fired up sometimes and really enjoy the interchange, but this is really discouraging. People that I don't even know (at least I don't think that I know them - really can tell by nicknames).

I started coming over here and doing a search for the term Marty just to see what was being said. This time, I couldn't believe what I read.

I think that I will just be better off not knowing what people think...... It is discouraging.

Marty Davis

85333[/snapback]

Marty,

I am a member of both forums and get a wealth of information from both of them. You are one of the masters of this hobby and always look forward to listening to what you and others with your credentials say. I will be the first to admit, that even though I been racing for 15 years, I have much more to learn that I know. And I am not a dumb bunny in the least and have been a district champion 8 times. And those credentials pale in comparison to many others and that is OK.

Now with that being said, I can understand how and why you become discouraged. Do you remember that saying that our mothers taught us while we were young? "Do not let a few bad apples spoil the barrel." I am NOT calling anyone a bad apple but to someone like Marty that takes the time to share his great knowledge it can seem that way to him. I simply call it selfish and childish behavior by them and they should be ignored if the shoe fits. Hard to do but we must. But it is high time that the children go to their room and if they can't seem to behave then they need to just go away. NOW JUST GROW UP ALL OF YOU MUDSLINGERS. If you cannot say something nice or positive then keep quiet. And I can say that since I am older than most on this site.

Marty - do not give up, we need you! I can only apologize for their bad behavior.

John

It would have been rather interesting if Marty had posted those topics here as well. I for one would have liked to see the different responses from "this side of the fence" & compared the two. It also would have killed the start of this current version of "us & them". Yes I do still go "over there" to skim the topics & I have not "forgotten" what happened & will only read & not post. Regardless, there is still a wealth of information out there & one can never know too much no matter where you read it.

Guys,

This will be my last post on this thread, as I see now that it's intentions has been compromised beyond retrieve.

My only intention for this thread was to inform those interested that there was a couple topics of serious discussion that would be of interest to those in pursiut of better performance. It had absolutely nothing to do with "recruitment" or solicitation of any kind. If it was percieved that way, it was misinterpreted. I could really care less who goes to which site, or how much traffic either site sees. As far as I'm concerned, about half the bandwidth on this site is wasted on blabber. Yahoo has chatrooms for most of the mumbling that goes on here. This does not mean that I don't enjoy my visits to Int'lWaters any less, there's just alot to weed through to get anything to sink my teeth into. I have no problem with the way Tom runs this forum. He runs it as he sees fit, and that is how it should be. There have been uncountable threads go way beyond where I'd have let them go (many of which I have been involved), but it's not my forum, and not my place to judge. I will continue to visit this site, seeing what there is to see. But I will no longer make any references to any other forum.

As for the comment about my last post getting me booted: Absolutely true. The only difference is that this thread would not have gotten that far before it got slammed shut. As soon as it went as wildly out of bounds as BigChuck took it with his first post (who, BTW, was the FIRST to post a negative post on this thread, not me), the thread would have been locked. As it should have been. The only reason I responed was to hopefully rally the thread back in the right direction. This was my error. I should have known that is not the way it works. What I should have done was to PM him so I could be accused of cowardous, but maintain the integrity of the thread. For this I appologize.

Don,

In no way was that comment aimed at you. You actions (none) were what I would expect of someone with integrity. Your mamma taught you well, in that if you don't have anything nice to say, keep your mouth shut. I figured you'd seen the original post, gone to see what I was talking about, and let others do the same if they saw fit. Some don't like to live life that way, and that is what has happened to this thread.

In all actuality, I didn't espect this thread to get may replies at all, and it would have been better that way.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Brad........ Maybe CABIN FEVER is catching up to You?? Most of us went thru it about 2 weeks ago.... You may under estimate how many National Champions, US-1 champions & SAW Record holders are on this Site.....?? It is Not Site #2. Tom Has managed this site very well & takes input from the members to change as needed. The other site did die out somewhat due to the Moderator taking some well deserved time off. Dont compare the Two. Both are great places to learn....

don't get discouraged Marty. There is plenty of room on the internet for both sites. I have been reading with great interest your posts.

And Marty.... here is an idea..... Don't get back in to boating...... just draw up what you believe to be the best rigger and publish the plans the plans for free..... that way your knowledge will never be lost. And it might trick you back into boating :D

I myself am a member of just about every R/C boating site that I know of. This one and Marty's were the first two that I learned of when I got my first computer. If you want to soak up all of the knowledge available online, you go to where it's at.

Brad, I didn't think for a second that you were trying to get anybody to join up at rcboat.com but just to point us to some very good information and an interesting subject. Yes, that site has gotten kind of slow and this subject is getting things kicked in gear there again.

Marty's postings over there got me thinking about what he was doing, some of it almost the opposite of what I originally thought, especially the use of Dy-kem.

If we want to discuss it over here and people's thoughts, fine, just don't start a pissing contest and get off on a tangent.

Marty, You dont know me, but I am also a member of a few forums in relation to model boating. When I first got the boating bug, the first lots of informations I read was from you.

You are a credit to the hobby/sport, and I hope you will continue to share your many years of experience in the hobby.... with us mere mortals....

:) :D :rolleyes:

Just ignore those who still drag there knuckles along the ground.....

<_<

Preston say's he got his hand slapped a while back. I am not going to pretend to know what happened or why, but if he was barred (which I doubt), I'm sure he can contact Marty and get their issues straightened out.
WOW BRAD!

Doubt what you want. Shoot, I still doubt the 80mph Black Jack.

The Fact is RCBOAT.COM listbot was a great source of information. It was definitely my favorite source for RC Boating news, etc.. When Brian Callahan started kicking people and deleting threads it just about killed the MOJO.

I still venture over to RCBOAT.COM and read the latest, I rarely post there anymore. I remember the days when I'd be online and see 25+ people logged in mid-day. Now there are many times when I see myself as the only person logged in.

I appreciate the vast amount of information that anyone wants to share. I just think that the whole BC issue put a bad taste in many peoples mouth. With that, most people would rather just move on.

Are gas boaters welcome at Marty's? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WE all know how THEY can be over THERE and over THERE. Or was it US with THEM being WE and HERE with US being THERE? Is "US" nitro, gas, IW, Jim's, or Marty's? Or would that be "THEY"? Nobody has ever said who "YOU" is either.

I'm confused :blink: :blink: :blink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And what about the "springers". What's a springer? It's the guy that doesn't have nitro or gas, he has a spring. You just wind him up and let him go! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow has this thing gotten out of hand. By reading this stuff it seems a lot of folks need to focus on the subject at hand. MODEL BOATS. I am NOT going to start a discussion with ANYONE who does not use their real name for I believe that if I am going to communicate with someone I want to know WHO they are.

I have known Marty for over 20 years and can tell you the man has NEVER said anything bad about anyone nor is he out to prove anything nor does he have to prove anything; hence the mentioning of "competition" between discussion boards and so forth is not true.

I mentioned the listbot threads here because I find Marty's information to be valuable. Marty has spent A LOT OF TIME, sorting out ideas and concepts with our hobby, and furthermore passed the info on to a lot of folks who are good racers because of it.

We all should all recognize the fact that we are lucky enought to have a man like Marty who takes the time to tirelessly experiment and develop things that most boaters lack the motivation, and or intelligence to even ponder. Marty's information is very valuable and viable. This is obvious in that everyone who he has helped in boating has DOMINATED. Weather it be boat setup or coaching a driver, he has done a lot to help boateres in general.

The listbot is something Marty did not have to do but did because he wanted to share and develop ideas in the model boating community. Marty pays for the listbot out of his own pocket and frankly has spent a lot of time maintaining the site to benefit us as boaters. Spending the Time and money on the listbot is something a lot of people would never do. I am sure Marty has a lot of other things to do than spend his time catering to model boaters. Hence why bite the hand that feeds?

I have heard a lot of bantering and complaining about the listbot from people who cannot even use thier real name. My thought is; stop wasting our time with the personal vendettas and let's talk about boating.

I have no clue as to why some folks were "banned" or "deleted" from the listbot. and it is non of my business; however I can say that Marty is a very busy man and does not like to waste time with unproductive or unwarrented bantering and mudslinging.

Bottom line here is Marty has been gracious enough to share a lot of valuable info that most of us would NEVER find or figure out. Let's not mess this up by holding grudges or launching personal attacks. I have close friends that have been thrown off the listbot for "goofing" around and they are back on again. They did not hold grudges and out of respect are now following the rules.

Preston_Hall said:
Are gas boaters welcome at Marty's?  :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:
WE all know how THEY can be over THERE and over THERE. Or was it US with THEM being WE and HERE with US being THERE? Is "US" nitro, gas, IW, Jim's, or Marty's? Or would that be "THEY"? Nobody has ever said who "YOU" is either.

I'm confused  :blink:   :blink:   :blink:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

And what about the "springers". What's a springer? It's the guy that doesn't have nitro or gas, he has a spring. You just wind him up and let him go!  :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

85423[/snapback]

Preston are you sure you don't have the FTA all ready? :lol: stay of them channels they are doing a number on you :eek:

umm....

whats a Neanderthal?
slow.gif

bs.gif

We....... are Lucky to have Tom Moore......... I have never meet the Guy But he would be welcome under My tent @ any race....... As the GRIM says ROCK ON!!!! Now lets get back to Building Boats...... I`am getting ready for Slidell & Atlanta. Hope to see some of you guys there. Don You coming to Atlanta with the Twin?? ;)

Joe W said:
We....... are Lucky to have Tom Moore......... I have never meet the Guy But he would be welcome under My tent @ any race....... As the GRIM says ROCK ON!!!!  Now lets get back to Building Boats...... I`am getting ready for Slidell & Atlanta. Hope to see some of you guys there. Don  You coming to Atlanta with the Twin?? ;)
85441[/snapback]

Hap Mulvany said:
Joe W said:
We....... are Lucky to have Tom Moore......... I have never meet the Guy But he would be welcome under My tent @ any race....... As the GRIM says ROCK ON!!!!  Now lets get back to Building Boats...... I`am getting ready for Slidell & Atlanta. Hope to see some of you guys there. Don  You coming to Atlanta with the Twin?? ;)
85441[/snapback]

85448[/snapback]

Hey guys are gas boaters welcome on Marty's site? Well I guess I am as controversial as anyone on the site and I am a gas boater.Marty and I have had disagreements but never lost respect for each other. Last month I even had Marty driving my gas Canard.The listbot is more technical than the other sites and if you participate who knows you may learn somthing I know I do and I have been boat racing more years than most of you have lived.

Back