To all IMPBA Outboard Racers.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes we mounted it onto his STX. The STX is a collaborative project that we are very happy with. We plan to test it again tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully the .340 bore will work well with the O/S muffler. This K&B engine is a lot faster than what you may think.

Note: This configuration is not legal for the Sport 3.5cc class at this time.

Last edited:
The O/B hydro's are fun. You can run that O/B mono in the Mod VP class. Where are you located?
I am in the panhandle of florida in bay county. I’m trying to get a club going. So far i have gotten the county to give me a pond

Attachments

• 0A07DCC4-6D37-4F8C-A3B7-F1713E53EABB.jpeg
    0A07DCC4-6D37-4F8C-A3B7-F1713E53EABB.jpeg
    361.8 KB · Views: 51
  • F6F38FFD-251C-47FB-AE8A-E05750E5C3E7.jpeg
    F6F38FFD-251C-47FB-AE8A-E05750E5C3E7.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Had a great test afternoon today. We liked the 1440 the best after testing. The red carb is fast but I voted to put the .320 bore back on it because the .340 will come out from under you if you have to get out of it and come back on. You have got to try this. If you have a K&B 3/5cc laying around you will not believe how much better it will run with a simple muffler change. Looking forward to the next test day with it.133350 (1).jpeg
We were just putting the O/S muffler on the 3.5cc K&B to see how much it improved the performance and it was a very noticeable improvement. NOTICE: This muffler is not allowed on a K&B in the Sport Class at this time.

Last edited:
Hey guys, wanted to share a couple of pics. The 3.5 SS loves the OS pipe. Really woke it up. The extended version of the OS Pipe, at this point, pulls a tick harder than the K&B can muffler. Still tuning. I really wish both classes would be allowed to run any muffler as long as it complies with the future rules, outlet diameter and such.

Yes this once so so little K&B will run with a majority of the O/S engines out there with the O/S muffler on it! This was the first day of testing with it so it will only get better from here. Its not a legal Sport engine and we are just testing to see how it performs.

Last edited:
yea i made two sets, my wife's and mine. the angle of the muffler header was the issue. Nothing like a Porta band, Files and sandpaper! I didn't think the muffler would work well on a 45 in stock form, I used the stock OS XM short mufflers no spacer. I hand bent the 2-inch flat stock capped the seam using flashing and JB weld. worked well.

A Cup Flange drawing for the 7.5cc Nova Rossi to K&B Canister Muffler. For you guys out there who like bargain priced boats, get one of these adaptors and you can run two classes with the same boat! You ask WHAT? Well, if we get the proposal passed for our one year trial, you can run 7.5 Super Sport and since the muffler is held on with springs you can easily swap out the muffler out for your tuned pipe, swap props and tweak the needle and you can then run Mod 7.5cc Mod Tunnel. You may have to work for it but you can race two classes for the price of one... For the guys that always say R/C boat racing is too expensive, Super Sport Classes can double your investment dollars! :D

Attachments

• NR TO KB CANISTER ADPT .pdf
    86.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I was sitting here thinking about the things I hear most of you guys say over and over and it's the same thing across the board.

You all want R/C Boat Racing to be cheaper.

Earlier I had brought up the fact that once this Super Sport class is passed, you could then run a 7.5cc O/B in both the S.S. Class and Mod class but you can actually run the same engine and hull in THREE classes. 1) Get a S.S. adaptor and muffler and race in the 7.5cc Super Sport class, 2) Change out the muffler and put on your tuned pipe and run it in Modified 7.5 O/B Tunnel and then 3) Enter that same mod 7.5cc Piped O/B Tunnel in the open tunnel class. So with a Super Sport adaptor, you can run the same boat in THREE CLASSES!

Now you guys out there are reading this but are not saying much but this is as good as it gets for dollars spent and fun gained. I will leave it here.

-Carl

Probably the best idea is to set it up with the can muffler and run it that way in 3 classes if you want to , swapping out a can muffler to a tuned pipe is during a race is not all that fun bc I'm sure the needle setting is gonna change a bit

Probably the best idea is to set it up with the can muffler and run it that way in 3 classes if you want to , swapping out a can muffler to a tuned pipe is during a race is not all that fun bc I'm sure the needle setting is gonna change a bit
I agree that it would challenge a racer to do it. You do have to know your setup very well and be able to make the correct changes. Back in the 90's I saw a guy bring one hull and he swapped out a complete 7.5cc mod engine outboard and re[laced it with a complete 11cc between each round and won both classes. Now he was busy for sure but he raced both classes with the same boat. I have never done that or ever wanted to try it. My point here was that it is possible and in this case with a muffler/tuned pipe the changes could be made fairly quickly.

Experience and skill level goes a long way.

If you have a 3RD channel needle on board this is were the K&D Innovation flow meter comes in real handy.Run your boat with the muffler and get a setting and then change to the tune pipe with the meter and you should be ready to go from class to class setting the needle back with the muffler.

Back