VERY interesting topics

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad Christy

Guys,

There are two VERY interesting topics of discussion. Both in regards to surface finish. One is for props and the other for ride surfaces. Marty Davis initiated them so as to kick start some of the snoozing minds and get them back to working on going faster. I assure you Marty knows the answers to the questions he poses (at least in this particular case), but he wants others to work on it. Marty, while always happy to help anyone asking, has always supported self-discovery.

I am not going to drag it onto this board, one post at a time, as there is a reason I am not an administrator of such a board. If you want to read up on these discussions (which a strongly suggest), or think you have something to add (which is what Marty is after), the head on over and dig in. You won't regret it.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

OK, I'll bite. Where do I "head on over" and dig in?? I'm game. What Forum, and/or thread?? Or do I need to do a search??

Thanks Brad & Marty.

David

David,

It's another dixcussion forum just like this one. It is run by Marty Davis, one of the most knowledgable and influential model boaters in the history of the sport. Good or bad, the discussions on the ListBot stay much more on topic with model boats (at least in the "Technical discussions" section). It's just another good forum to add to the list of sites you visit everyday. :D

Like Ron said, you will have to be a "member" to view the posts, but it's free, just like here. The only stipulation is that you use your full, real name. Marty always wanted to know who he was speaking with.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

Last edited by a moderator:
As usual Marty has us thinking again. If you take all the information he offers and add it up, one will have a fast and drivable raceboat. Pay attention to what he says, invaluable information.

Guys,

Marty just threw us a few more curve balls to have a swing at. Anhedral/Dihedral, sponson heel influence and sponson top influence. Good stuff.......

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Brad Christy said:
Guys,
Marty just threw us a few more curve balls to have a swing at. Anhedral/Dihedral, sponson heel influence and sponson top influence. Good stuff.......

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

85118[/snapback]

It is starting to get interesting. Real "separate the men from the boys" stuff. Exactly the information that wins races. (besides driving)LOL.

No offence, But you will be hard preesed to get people to go there to read.

MANY that are on this board with a voice are here becuse it is NOT STALG 17 :eek: :eek:

Marty's information is valuable!!!!!!! But not greater value the John finch, Andy Brown and a few others. But when you remove people for saying what you DON'T

want to here.

And fact: he only showed up with those threads AFTER the Nitro Gas thread here.

Which would NOT have lasted a day in is CAMP............ He saw the numbers and now want to compete.

BigChuck said:
No offence, But you will be hard preesed to get people to go there to read.
MANY that are on this board with a voice are here becuse it is NOT STALG 17 :eek:   :eek:  

Marty's information is valuable!!!!!!! But not greater value the John finch, Andy Brown and a few others. But when you remove people for saying what you DON'T

want to here. 

And fact: he only showed up with those threads AFTER the Nitro Gas thread here.

Which would NOT have lasted a day in is CAMP............ He saw the numbers and now want to compete.

85173[/snapback]

???????????

Chuck,

I don't mean to sound to harsh but.........

Who the Hell do you think you are? Do you even know who Marty Davis is? You sure as hell don't know him as a person. Marty started these threads in order to hopefully perpetuate his immense knowledge on to the next generation of model boaters. If you think for one second it was for any other reason, you are sadly mistaken. I assure you it had absolutely NOTHING to do with site traffic. It is unfortuanate for you that you think the way you do. Your mentality limits you. You have probably already learned all you're ever going to know.

What happened on the Listbot was an unfortunate case of miscommunication and over reaction on the part of both the moderators and the "GUESTS". But here are the FACTS: It is Marty's forum. He makes the rules. If you cannot follow the rules, you wear out your welcome in a rapid fashion. Here is what gets me, though. The rules are not all that strict. I don't get where people get this "Stalag 13" CRAP. All Marty wants (or ever wanted) is a focused forum for us to use for communication without the clutter of the outside world. It is very simple: Stay on topic and be nice. I don't mean to discredit this forum, but the topics we're talking about could never exist on this board because it would turn into a "flame and bash" session in less than ten posts, in which Marty would unfortuantely be forced to shut it down.

Another thing: The incident mentioned above was well over a year ago (probably closer to two, but who's counting). These things happen and then they are forgotten. Heck, I even saw Don Ferrette was logged on the other day, and he was one of the "offended" ones involved. Preston say's he got his hand slapped a while back. I am not going to pretend to know what happened or why, but if he was barred (which I doubt), I'm sure he can contact Marty and get their issues straightened out. I'm also sure that Preston's input would be welcomed and even he could stand to soak up the knowledge being displayed. We all could.

Drop the egos. Drop the grudges. Go log on and check it out. You won't be sorry.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Brad the sad part is you DON"T KNOW ME EITHER. If you did. You would know that I make it a point to gather informaiton. And I have read MARTY'S post for YEARS. Matter a fact the first information I ever read about r/c boats was marty's.

NOT YOURS.

And while you want to defend. THE LISTBOT HAS BEEN DEAD :ph34r: :ph34r: FOR MANY WEEKS..............FACT. I know, I log in to 5 boats site at least twice a day.

And say what you want. BUt the FACT is THAT MEMBERS WERE GIVEN NO CHOICE.

THE WERE FORCEABILY REMOVED FROM THE PREMISES.

As for being limited " It is what you learn AFTER you know it all that counts."

John WOODEN. What's your excuse????????????????????????? ;)

Brad I read the thread..... Marty has MUCH info..... But Stan simpson Could have taught Most of that in One afternoon.... There are a ton of Great boaters that are not on the Net. If you have had the chance to boat with any of them..? You can pick up a Lot of Info in Just 1 day... ;)

Brad Christy said:
Another thing: The incident mentioned above was well over a year ago (probably closer to two, but who's counting). These things happen and then they are forgotten. Heck, I even saw Don Ferrette was logged on the other day, and he was one of the "offended" ones involved.
85251[/snapback]

Brad you are correct, I do slide in there from time to time to check out the "for sale" section & skim over the "tech" side. Forgotten it? Definitely NOT. And it was way more than the "mis-communication" & "over-reaction" that you suggest. You simply don't know the facts & quite frankly I don't have any desire to re-hash that "incident". I will not post there again until BC appologizes publicly on that forum. Since we all know that will never happen you will not see me post. Andy will not have anything to do with it period, appology or otherwise.

I'm quite happy over here anyway. A great bunch of guys with open minds who know how to have fun too. :)

Don,

You are mistake about Andy. He HAS posted since then. Several times. Just not under his own name. He posted using the name Shawn Brown, his nephew (I think).

Joe,

I'm sure the material covered in these posts are fairly common "secrets" that many people know, myself included, and it sounds like Stan, as well. The difference in this case is the fact that Marty is not going to take this information to his grave, which is what most people who think they have a "secret" try to do. What I wont stand silent for is when someone wants to discredit someones reasoning for doing this sort of thing. For someone to publicly claim that Marty is stirring up the "think pot" in order to boost site traffic, and not for the goodwill of the sport, speaks VOLUMES for their character.

Chuck,

If you think that anyone knows everything, Marty, or anybody else, you couldn't be more wrong. And let me correct your statement. It's what you learn after realizing how much you DON"T know that counts. The sad thing is that I have to think that there is so much that people like you don't know, you don't even realize how much you don't know.

One thing you ARE correct in is that yes, there are people who are removed from Marty's forum without a choice. It happens every day in real life. Break the law, go to jail. They don'e ask you if you'd like to go, they just take you. The same principle applies on these forums. If you can't follow a few simple rules, you are not welcome. Period.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Guys,

I'm almost sorry I posted this over here. The neandrethals always seem to have a way of ruining anything of any real substance. I only hope somebody understands my intentions, as well as Marty's.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Brad Christy said:
Guys,
I'm almost sorry I posted this over here. The neandrethals always seem to have a way of ruining anything of any real substance. I only hope somebody understands my intentions, as well as Marty's.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

85322[/snapback]

Neanderthals?

Just one question, why didn't Marty post it here as well if this was for the benefit all boaters? He's a member here too you know. Just thinking out loud....... :rolleyes:

Like I said I do slip in over there from time to time & check the chatter, there will just be no input from me.

Back