The Orlando Culvert Dodgers 31st Annual Orlando Winter Nationals

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"It IS the nature of our hobby,, there are more gas boats out there, and it seems the gas pilots seem to be on top of getting entered, EARLY!!!"

exactly. I almost missed out because i didnt want to enter not being sure if im going to make it. If i would have waited another 2 days to enter, i wouldnt have got to enter period.

Its always us gas guys fault :rolleyes:

Do the Internats or NN and we will be there. I have been to several Internats in Florida. We had some great races. One of the earliest one I can remember was at Square lake. They rented a large Circus like tent and we were all under it. I could not get to the record trials but made it to the heat racing. That is what is great about the ORIGINAL format of the Nats. If you can't take the whole week off you can go just to the heat racing. It seems that recently we have had to take almost a week off to go to most of the larger events to get parking for the trailer and to get open water time. Also clubs make a lot of money off of the record trials.

I never said it was gas guys fault so don't try to put that on me. I have a gas boat! Just prefer nitro! I will just race when I can get in! It's bad when there are races in your back yard but u have to leave the state to race but I do enjoy dist 13 I'll just do what I have to do. No hard feelings toward anyone I would just like to see the large race entries handled like Atlanta. They had it figured out

Why do some classes get more entrees than other's? Only allow 8 tunnels but as many gas cat's as you want, that's not right!
I believe it's simply because it's a first come first serve deal . If all the nitro entries were entered as soon as the opportunity arose , like the gas guys did, then there would be more heats . Simply too much apathy in our nitro contingent . The Gas guys are fired up and all race many classes so they are on top of it right away it seems . I'm sure there will be cancellations in some of the gas classes but enter early ...you can always cancel if issues arise . You really have to be on top of it these days to get in .

Why do some classes get more entrees than other's? Only allow 8 tunnels but as many gas cat's as you want, that's not right!
I believe it's simply because it's a first come first serve deal . If all the nitro entries were entered as soon as the opportunity arose , like the gas guys did, then there would be more heats . Simply too much apathy in our nitro contingent . The Gas guys are fired up and all race many classes so they are on top of it right away it seems . I'm sure there will be cancellations in some of the gas classes but enter early ...you can always cancel if issues arise . You really have to be on top of it these days to get in .
Like I said in the very first post.

The size of the classes will be decided by YOU the racers.

OCD will be capping the race off at 240 heats like we did last year and will only accept entries after the 240 is met to fill classes.

SO GET YOUR ENTRIES IN!!!!

I also posted a couple of times that it was filling up fast. Get your entries in.

You can send me an email with your name, class and prim/alt frequencies and I will put you on the waiting list.

[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

This race sold out quickly and that speaks well of the quality and competition level of the race itself. When the Fall Nats sold out in less than 2 days, I was faced with the same thing. After filling up heats that were not full the race was closed down. I created a wait list that had over 60 boats. By race time over 90% of those boats on the wait list were in the race. I had 4 boats in 2 classes that did not get in and that is not bad from the start and we had a high water mark of 362 boats entered.

Do not dispair and get your info to Wayne and get on the list NOW. Decent chance to get in by the race which is over 3 months away and MUCH can happen by then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like Jeff said, the Riverview pond is 25 minutes away from my house, it's too bad I can't race the 4 boats I was going to sign up.

Hi Rich, Enter the ones that still have openings, like your 40 rigger, and then place the others on the waiting list. It sure would be nice to have you there hanging out w-us.

Regards,

Elias

Do the Internats or NN and we will be there. I have been to several Internats in Florida. We had some great races. One of the earliest one I can remember was at Square lake. They rented a large Circus like tent and we were all under it. I could not get to the record trials but made it to the heat racing. That is what is great about the ORIGINAL format of the Nats. If you can't take the whole week off you can go just to the heat racing. It seems that recently we have had to take almost a week off to go to most of the larger events to get parking for the trailer and to get open water time. Also clubs make a lot of money off of the record trials.

Doc,

That was a great lake, 1995 Internats was HOT, and the storm that hit just about ate the circus tent. And I wholeheartedly agree, the old format (where everyone had a shot) was much more interesting. You could screw up oval or SAW and still Heat Race and potentially save the deal. Square lake, Bartow FL held 2 'Nats. Kensill was there, Andy Smith was on his game in B mod, Otto in D.

Back