Super Charged .21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will bet a six pack of the beverage of your choice that your suppercharged engine will not even start. Wanna take me up?

Charles

Well never let it be said I'm not a betting man. Your on. I will take the disk out if my 45RS and see if it will start for a test.

David

Google Ecomotors. They have a 2 cylinder, opposed piston, 2 stroke engine. Since it has no crankcase pumping action, similar to what you are talking about, to charge the cylinders, it has to have an electrically assisted turbo to pressurize the fuel charge so that it will start. Once it is running, the exhaust powers the turbo to push the fuel/air charge into the cylinders.

So all you have to do is put an electronic controlled electric motor on the supercharger to get it started.

I can taste my winnings already.

Charles

Last edited by a moderator:
What about a Detroit diesel. no intake valves only 4 ex in the head. 2 stroke with a roots SC on the intake side.

Thy start just fine.

Then again the intake is separated from the crank case.

David

23ur3u0.jpg

dfwvbb.jpg

What about a Detroit diesel. no intake valves only 4 ex in the head. 2 stroke with a roots SC on the intake side.

Thy start just fine.

David
I sure am getting thirsty with all of this waiting. :mellow:

Charles

Gust starting the process of gathering info and thoughts now. but will be giving it a try.

How could I not with a six pack waiting when its done. :p

Hell it's better than talking about the JAE all the time.

I think that with the SC over driven 75% instead of 30% it should give me a running start. But will not know till I get to spin one up and check the pressure it will build.

It will depend on if the clearances are tight enough to build sufficient pressure. The one I had in my hand seamed like it had a lot of slop built in.

Different bearings and some housing work might be in order.

David i had an idea to use an Electric Ducted Fan unit as a supercharger

A small one might work well for what your doing

You could slave the ESC of your throttle channel maybe use a small lipo

for power. This way you would be able to dial up enough boost to start

just an idea this one could work and cost 0 HP to run

Greg
Weight costs HP ...., fan , battery , esc .

id bet the design isnt effecient enough to work like your stating..it will never work as a valve..spin it up at 75 percent over driven like you said,,,and see how much pressure it can make..id bet very little,,tolerances are not there for pressure to be produced...even on large charged engines..if it coughs,,where does it go..back through the charger...even at full boost,,and we are talkin way tighter tolerances and efficiency..the pressures in an engine are way greater then the charger can produce....

I'm waiting to see a video of David wearing out his starter trying to get his .45 Rs to run with out the zimmerman valve. :p

Thy start just fine.

David
That is because the Detroit has a positive displacement roots type SC. Its output is almost linear and begins with the first revolution. It will hold enought pressure on the crankcase for it to work.

It is a different story with a centrifigual SC. The output begins at almost nothing and the rate increases to the square of the RPM. When the boost is needed at startup, it has very little. This is why Ecomotors chose to go with the electrically assisted turbo charger.

The more that I type, the thirstier that I get. :) :)

Charles

I was thinking about hooking a leaf blower to the intake of my RS101 for Supercharger Effect???????? LOL. In order to run a pressurized(boost) engine many things must be considered. It may be a better bet to read up on GRUMPY JENKINS or DON GARTLIS Mag`s If you want to go Faster. GARTLIS tried about ever way to MAKE a NItro engine Go Faster that can be thought of..... If you dont have a fine balance of Fuel & Air you are going to have a Engine that is TOAST QUICKLY... Being that Nitro is a Oxygen bearing fuel it even gets more critical

Joe, even if the leaf blower did work, it would be a real PITA to drag that long electrical cord around behind the boat in the lake.

Charles

I was thinking about hooking a leaf blower to the intake of my RS101 for Supercharger Effect???????? LOL. In order to run a pressurized(boost) engine many things must be considered. It may be a better bet to read up on GRUMPY JENKINS or DON GARTLIS Mag`s If you want to go Faster. GARTLIS tried about ever way to MAKE a NItro engine Go Faster that can be thought of..... If you dont have a fine balance of Fuel & Air you are going to have a Engine that is TOAST QUICKLY... Being that Nitro is a Oxygen bearing fuel it even gets more critical
I got it. Use a air tool motor. can add it to the belt drive I have in the man cave this week for testing. just think a SC 1.05 with a belt drive that will turn the prop shaft at 60000 RPM. Now that nuts :wacko:

Leaf blower really. I think we could have a little more imagination than that. :rolleyes:

David

Joe, even if the leaf blower did work, it would be a real PITA to drag that long electrical cord around behind the boat in the lake.
Charles
I actually seen a leaf blower on the intake of a 5hp briggs on alk/nitro turn a little over 11,000 on the tach, the guys name was Enik Sanders

Wish you guys would shut up and pass that thing...that chipmunk is a bogart.
hi stan,i do not know how old you are but i can garuntee ray smentz,moparnbarn foley,and a few other, are laughing there a** off.cause i almost fell of the chair.brings back good old memories of the 80's in NYC. :rolleyes:

Back