About time..........................

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
their she be.............
Oh S--T ! Tight piston & sleeve then Bang!!! cause become high fristion ( hot)
default_huh.png
not enough oil

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankfully it did it coming of the bench at idle. Had 12 gallons threw the eng so piston seizing was not it. Piston looks fine. piston hit the crank when it broke.

It gust said by by..........You push it sh!t happens...................

I will weld it up ,new sleeve , piston and rod then try again.

Have all the parts so will gust do it when the new boat is ready.

I can tell you this a 1.01 cant even launch the props this eng was running.

The bearings feel like new even with the rod fiasco and all the run time. Thy take a lickin and keep ticken.......................

Rod bearings and crank pin look good also so there is no problem there with the load.

The rod dose not have any thing guiding it on top as the 1,01 piston has a big space for the big rod top on the 1.01 rod.

Will shim the rod at top to reduce this.

The piston was gust kissing the head with .012 clearance also. will change the wrist pin clearance also on the next build up.

The one piece stock crank has lots of flex...................

Will pull it out next week and see what the case looks like to see if it was rubbing between the bearings any.

Every time I build it will find the week spots. I will continue now that I have see the power it can make.

I think it will be worth it in the long run.

Third time is the charm...........................well I hope....................LOL

Let me ask this how much run time did you guys have on the eng?

Dose it seam like a life cycle thing or gust hit or miss?

The pictures are fuzzy but it looks like it could have been fatigue or just where a crack developed. One side of the break looks smooth and the other is rough and sharp. The smooth part is indicative of where the failure begins as a crack and the sharp jagged area shows where it finally ran out of cross sectional area to hold together. Google "beach marks" and you'll find a bunch of info.

I've gone through this a couple times myself with 21's and it sucks. Last year i actually changed a few rods in motors that had a lot of time on them, even though they looked fine. I figured a rod was good insurance to keep them going. I've been trying to keep better tabs on how long i've run them as well. You never think about all the flips and gallons of fuel you've run through a motor until it stops abruptly on the water... I hope you get it back together, it was fun reading about all the testing.

Brian

image.jpg

image.jpg

My MAC 84 powered Eagle SGX with X-2 wings and very shallow rears. Same as David's set up.

This photo was from my first heat at the 2016 Winter Nitro Champs. The boat handled perfectly and I won the heat.

I don't remember catching so much air. The boat seemed well hooked up all around the course. The prop was definitely well hooked up at all times!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130286344@N07/24490967322/

Double click on the photo for full zoom shot.

My MAC 84 powered Eagle SGX with X-2 wings and very shallow rears. Same as David's set up.

This photo was from my first heat at the 2016 Winter Nitro Champs. The boat handled perfectly and I won the heat.

I don't remember catching so much air. The boat seemed well hooked up all around the course. The prop was definitely well hooked up at all times!

Andy, I got plenty of other shots where the boat is better settled on the water, this was just the most spectacular! I hope to have the whole gallery up today, about 1100 more shots to go thru!

Andy, I got plenty of other shots where the boat is better settled on the water, this was just the most spectacular! I hope to have the whole gallery up today, about 1100 more shots to go thru!
Thanks for taking the time to shoot so many photos Ian...and for taking the time to post them! Cheers!

Thanks for taking the time to shoot so many photos Ian...and for taking the time to post them! Cheers!
Thanks Andy! The gallery is up now: https://flickr.com/photos/130286344@N07/sets/72157663900856776

Back